Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 11:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

lovely car and HKS stickers. a nice detailing will make eyes pop out. enjoy. grill looks cool. that was really a good idea.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:10   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Try meguiars.co.in the website lists distributors & retailers
Thanks Ravveendrra.. for now i got a meguair gold class wax from US..
Old 8th June 2009, 13:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
SOUM,TheReal, congrats bro, both of you have a gr8 black beauties and well written experience with good set of alloys.Keep updating and drive safe.CHEERS!!
Thanks Vijay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUM View Post
THEREAL,
Sorry to hear that, really unfortunate and sad. Is your bumper dented or the dent is on the body? If it is on the bumper, dont you worry. They get removed pretty well and you can hardly feel the patch without having to replace your bumper.

I was away for some time.... You seem to be flying around with your car and why not, when you can manage that excellent FE. Great going.
Hi Soum, it been a while...
the dent was on the bumper , patched the same and its fine now

As of now my black beauty has crossed 11000 kms,

a fortnight ago i took her for a trip of 1500km+ (coimbatore to Ongole(A.P))
it was a pleasure to rip this DDiS engine. i was challenging almost all the cars in NH5 . couldn't challenge a MHawk though :(
Did 150+ in some places. overall the total trip returned me a fuel efficiency of 19kmpl.. with the worst being 17 kmpl and the best being 22kmpl.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:12   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Thanks Vijay..

Hi Soum, it been a while...
the dent was on the bumper , patched the same and its fine now

As of now my black beauty has crossed 11000 kms,

a fortnight ago i took her for a trip of 1500km+ (coimbatore to Ongole(A.P))
it was a pleasure to rip this DDiS engine. i was challenging almost all the cars in NH5 . couldn't challenge a MHawk though :(
Did 150+ in some places. overall the total trip returned me a fuel efficiency of 19kmpl.. with the worst being 17 kmpl and the best being 22kmpl.
Great going TheReal..... Unfortunately, the office scenario has held me back for long drives. Just about 5K kms for me on the odo .

FE has improved and is returning around 15/16 with 75% AC in Kolkata driving situations.

Recently had a fun drive on a small (15kms odd) stretch of a bypass in the city (Rajarhat). The secret is you dont have to rip the engine. Keep her to a modest level of 120 / 130 kmph and maintain it to the extent possible. Your enhanced rubber soles would give you the advantage on late braking and substantial advantage on the turns. Just wait for it and you would win hands down. That's what I experienced recently with a Safari.

All said and done, I would always warn you (and everyone) to be within themselves and not try to overrun your doings and create troubles all around. Enjoy your drive and always be within your limits.

Drive safe
Old 11th January 2010, 15:23   #125
BHPian

Hey Soum, Hope you are doing fine. My black beauty has crossed 21k kms and it going gr8 the FE is 17+kmpl in city and 20+kmpl on high ways( with 95%AC)

except for few scratches which are visible in 3 ft distance, the car shines great

It gives a great feel when every one in the marriage hall pause for a moment to stare at a well waxed Black swift, while white and silver Laura/civics go unnoticed. ( Courtesy Meguairs Gold Class wax)

will post the pics shortly
Old 18th January 2010, 13:06   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Soum, Hope you are doing fine. My black beauty has crossed 21k kms and it going gr8 the FE is 17+kmpl in city and 20+kmpl on high ways( with 95%AC)

except for few scratches which are visible in 3 ft distance, the car shines great

It gives a great feel when every one in the marriage hall pause for a moment to stare at a well waxed Black swift, while white and silver Laura/civics go unnoticed. ( Courtesy Meguairs Gold Class wax)

Eagerly waiting for the pics.

Great going on the FE as well. Your figures virtually matches with that of mine.

However I am lagging behing by miles on the odo. 3 months in UK and USA and a fractured ankle within a week of my return in Dec'09, is giving my beauty the long awaited rest. She is now on with small trips to office and back only.

She is still immaculate and behaves perfectly well.
Old 10th September 2010, 08:01   #127
BHPian

Hi.. How much did the dzire front grill costed you? Taking my pearl white swift Vdi+ABS next friday on delivery.. Car has come to chennai and is in the yard.. Was about to take it on delivery today but got delayed due to the special number request (4344) which is not yet released in RTO since it's a holiday today (Ramzan).. Please let me know the cost of the dzire front grill that you have on your swift.. Will post the pics ok my white honey after taking it on delivery..
Old 14th September 2010, 11:40   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi.. How much did the dzire front grill costed you? Taking my pearl white swift Vdi+ABS next friday on delivery.. Car has come to chennai and is in the yard.. Was about to take it on delivery today but got delayed due to the special number request (4344) which is not yet released in RTO since it's a holiday today (Ramzan).. Please let me know the cost of the dzire front grill that you have on your swift.. Will post the pics ok my white honey after taking it on delivery..
Sathish,Congrats on your Swift!
I believe SOUM got it for 1200Rs/- not sure about the current price.

Guys,

Blacky is doing good miles these days, just crossed 30K kms, last week took a drive of 800 kms, got an average of 21.6 kmpl ,AC on 80 % of the time

Last edited by thereal : 14th September 2010 at 11:44.
Old 1st October 2010, 07:54   #129
BHPian

Thankyou for the response... Will be getting one soon.. I hope dzire's front grill doesn't require any modification to be fitted in swift.. I just took my white swift vdi+abs 2 weeks back and 1250km done now.. Got 3m sun film, reverse parking sensors(4, white, xenos), remote lock(xenos) done when taking delivery itself.. Then got underchasis rubber coating (for rust proof done at 1st service).. Finally got my blasting music system completed.. front - 5 1/4 hertz component, back - 6x9 hertz energy series with blaupunkt 350watts 2ch amp connected only with 1400watts hexagonal 12" boxed sony explod subwoofer with 2 channels bridged..Head unit - alpine 105 E.. It is simply terrific..
Old 1st October 2010, 08:46   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just gone thru this thread. Awesome ownership experience. The wax treatment looks lovely esp with the alloys and tyres. great FE too.
Old 17th November 2010, 19:53   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUM View Post
Thanks Vicky. The alloys are "League" make and the tyres are Yoko - ES100 - 195/60/15. The Dzire grill cost me around 1250/- (all inclusive)

Thanks Rudra for the suggestion. Can you please help me in getting them?

Jaggu what a coincidence !!! In fact I wanted a white car in the first place. Got frustrated with the wait period and clamped on to the black. No regrets ofcourse. Thanks to all for their nice words of encouragement.

Point taken dude.. Scared of the left behind marks post debadging. Any idea on how to handle that?

Someone also suggested for some light body graphics. Your opinion on it.....

THEREAL,
Sorry to hear that, really unfortunate and sad. Is your bumper dented or the dent is on the body? If it is on the bumper, dont you worry. They get removed pretty well and you can hardly feel the patch without having to replace your bumper.

I was away for some time.... You seem to be flying around with your car and why not, when you can manage that excellent FE. Great going.
Hey SOUM, i am running my swift VDI on 185/70/R14 Michellin XM1+ and i am very happy with that, but i want to upgrade to 195/60/R15 or 195/65/R14. Please share your experience with the 195/60/R15 ones on the following points:-
1. does the steering feels quite heavy with those set of tyres?.
2. do we have to recalibrate the speedometer for this change?.
3. will it affect the suspension performance?.

Request all you experts to please clear my doubts on the same.
thanks a lot!
Arvind
Old 4th March 2011, 18:03   #132
BHPian

Re: Black Is Beautiful-Swift VDI-Ownership experience.

@arvind sharma- I am SOUM's son and drive the car too [I learnt how to drive in our black beauty] so I guess I can answer your question.

Thing is, Both me and my father are very slow over rough patches and bumps so we don't feel much at all. But at times when we do miss a rough patch and go over it at normal speeds, you feel a lot of it in the car. Its not as absorbent. But then again, AVS ES 100 has pretty stiff side-walls so that adds to this problem.

About the steering, trust me, it weights up perfectly. While going fast through a corner, the steering feels absolutely right, neither to heavy nor too light. Even at parking speeds, though not as light as it would be with standard tyres, is adequately easy to maneuver . My suggestion, if you do go for 195/60-r15s, they don't go for performance tyres if you drive in areas were the road surface is not that good. Yoko A/C drives would be good. You could also go for XM1+ like, thereal.

Last edited by scuderiamania : 4th March 2011 at 18:04. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks