Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 14:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Even I asked the dealer about the size of the rims, he said Ikon never used to come in 14''s
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
He must be highly ignorant to say that. Take a look at 1100D's Gallery to see a 1.6 with stock 14"ers.

@Pankaj, i may have been wrong in assuming all 1.6s' had 14"ers. Thanks for pointing that out.
Diesel josh - Joining the club soon-picture1.jpg
Diesel josh - Joining the club soon-picture7.jpg

Stock 14" alloys on my 2004 Ikon 1.6 zxi (which was earlier offered as SXi). All NXT 1.6's were offerred in 14" alloys or steel rims. Pre-NXT's had 13" rims, the sxi variant design still being a dealer fitted option (it looks really good).

Ford accessory page has alternative Ikon compatible 14" wheels in 5 spoke design.

Last edited by 1100D : 27th November 2008 at 14:23.
Old 27th November 2008, 14:33   #62
BHPian

I am very bad with Rims and Tyres!

How good it would be with 14" ?
How bad It would be with 13"

Is it necessary to go for 14"?

(I would be definitely having the alloys and Tubeless tyres anyway but not sure of 13" or 14")
Old 27th November 2008, 14:43   #63
BHPian

Budiraj - All items listed add to aesthetic appeal and you should opt based on your taste rather than having somebody recommend you. Said that, lemme comment on the price, at a first glance all these OEM accesories are damn expensive, so opt for this only if you are really keen and do look at aftermarket

Spoiler - can lead to leakage in the boot, un-necessary vibrations due to improper fitment, aftermarket avl ~3k

Side protectors - A must I feel in this traffic/parking conditions, but again check aftermarket ~500

Boot release - necessity, but feel very very expensive. Logan dealers fitted a cable actuated one at Rs.500/-, so look for aftermarket and pure functionality. May also check if the car security system can provide you a fitment.

Chrome strip - aftermarket would be damn cheaper

Paint job - seems expensive, when I got my Swift, i was quoted Rs.1800 for those really big ORVM's and door handles.

Wheels - A tubeless tyre is a must, i say upgrade to a 14" and look for that nice Nxt spec alloys - here again a established brand like Aura would be cheaper than the Ford OE

Hope this helps you... I'm happy for you pal, all the best and post the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Spoiler:- Older one at 5000
New onw at 6000 (Something simlar to what is coming in Fiesta S, was looking really cool)

Side Biddings or door protectors:- Price 1000 (will be having them definitely)

Boot release:- Price 6300 (Not sure to go)

Chrome strip:- Price 3100 ( Though exp. but still considering bcoz the no. plate place looks empty)

Combo Pack disc:- Chrome strip and Boot release at 6700 instead of 9400

Paint Job;- Price 3000 for door handles and OVRMS
I am very bad with Rims and Tyres!

How good it would be with 14" ?
How bad It would be with 13"

Is it necessary to go for 14"?

(I would be definitely having the alloys and Tubeless tyres anyway but not sure of 13" or 14")

Last edited by AirWind : 27th November 2008 at 14:48.
Old 27th November 2008, 15:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

For Morello Color,Paint job will increase the look of the car.
If you go for Black,There's no need for painting.
Instead of Chrome Strip,you can paint that area too.
If you want Chrome Strip,then go for OEM products.It won't peel off.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:28   #65
BHPian

guys , the prices quoted in thread #49 are reasonable ? There is a big difference for llumar 5sr in two shops
Old 27th November 2008, 20:22   #66
BHPian

Airwind, you sound quite sensible for all the points:-

For the paint job I have limitation of doing at the Dealer only, but might think of doing them later.

The Alloys Ford got is 13" only which are shown in Brochure, So will definitely go outside for 14" with tubeless

Not considering of Spolier know, If considered will do at dealer only bcoz of quality

Side protectors - have tried 2 or 3 shops outside, but they dont have what comes with Ford, other also are not cheap enough, they are around 700 - 900. I think going for Ford makes more sense at 1000

Boot release - Nice option, to go at car security co. as the same has been done by Autocop for Ford

Chrome strip - didn't found any after market
Old 29th November 2008, 21:59   #67
BHPian

Today inquired with ford service manager. he told me following points.
1) If 13" is upgraded to 14" warranty will be void.
2)Dont put tubeless tires, as ikon is not designed to take such tires (????) and hence will affect the ride of the vehicle.Hence tubed ones are recommended.
3)TMP can be taken at any time before 2 yr warranty is over .Rs 13k for 2yr/30k kms.
other options like 2yr/40k kms etc are available at higher price .this will include all charges except tires,brake pads and accident repairs.
4)extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year is available. Rs 7990 for one year ,if purchased with new car ,else need to pay1k extra if it is opted within warranty period.

Last edited by bullboy : 29th November 2008 at 22:04.
Old 29th November 2008, 23:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
1) If 13" is upgraded to 14" warranty will be void.
Dealers are quite opportunistic when it comes to such matters. When it is convenient the dealer themselves will launch a special edition with upsized wheels, tires, body kits etc. But otherwise they just blackmail customers into saying that any such change will void warranty. I have seen Maruti dealers having their own special additions with such mods. So also with Honda and Toyota. Not yet personally come across Ford, but I am sure the story will not be different.
Old 29th November 2008, 23:24   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Attachment 74247
Attachment 74248

Stock 14" alloys on my 2004 Ikon 1.6 zxi
Hey!
can u tell me about the chrome strips on the side skirting on the car.
Old 3rd December 2008, 00:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post

2)Dont put tubeless tires, as ikon is not designed to take such tires (????) and hence will affect the ride of the vehicle.Hence tubed ones are recommended.
He is giving you absolute hogwash Sir. My car came from the showroom with Tubeless tyres. But giving a smoother ride, better handling apart, I have found countless number of times that the tyres maintained pressure even after having being attacked by nails. Infact I am so sold on tubeless now, I am going tubeless for our 40 year old Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Hey!
can u tell me about the chrome strips on the side skirting on the car.
I will send you close up pics. Infact in this regard, I also have to send it to @Condor. But right now the car is undergoing mechanical repairs at the workshop after our 9-day escapade in North Bengal. (The travelogue of which you can find on this forum). To be honest, I am completely Fida on the Ikon after it.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
He is giving you absolute hogwash Sir. My car came from the showroom with Tubeless tyres. But giving a smoother ride, better handling apart, I have found countless number of times that the tyres maintained pressure even after having being attacked by nails. Infact I am so sold on tubeless now, I am going tubeless for our 40 year old Fiat.
Yes. I told him that 1.6 had tubeless and came with 14" .He says ford does not recommend it now .. pheww.. also 14" will not suit the present gearing ratios of the vehicles.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:54   #72
Team-BHP Support

bullboy, they are quite ill-informed, i would say. Is it the sales guy who told you this, or someone from the servicing department?

Tubeless are known to be safe and the fact that they arent being provided as standard is a big omission in the first place. Pay no heed, and get tubeless tyres. For all you know, they may not even know the difference.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thats bull.....boy!

Couldnt resist.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

Bullboy, Tubeless...period. Why in the world otherwise they would be invented/preferred??
Call that sales guy and give this gyaan from this thread!Atleast would keep him educated for future...if he still insists
Old 3rd December 2008, 17:03   #75
BHPian

this is not the sales guy .i met the service manager and asked him personally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks