Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

KKDELHI, its always better to start your car with the clutch pedal depressed, even if its not mentioned. it relieves the starter motor of all the electrical loads of the vehicle and thus prolongs the starter motor's life. this is valid for all cars and in some cars like the elantra, the car wont start till you depress the clutch.
Old 23rd November 2008, 15:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
KKDELHI, its always better to start your car with the clutch pedal depressed, even if its not mentioned. it relieves the starter motor of all the electrical loads of the vehicle and thus prolongs the starter motor's life. this is valid for all cars and in some cars like the elantra, the car wont start till you depress the clutch.
+1 on this! Starting with the clutch depressed is good for all vehicles due to the reasons mentioned by Raj. Would certainly recommend this, regardless of the fact it is mentioned or not in the manual.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:17   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the new car buddy! Though I did get confused when you called it a truck in your review for a minute!
Yes looks like you do need to get seat covers done. Something nice that ll give your interiors a more inspiring look. The current interiors dont really say much considering that the tata dashboard and console is not great. You should run a search on "seats" on team-bhp. I got my covers done for my verna yesterday and was helped tonnes by looking at some of the great work that members of this site have done on their cars.
Nevertheless, a great choice. Wishing you a safe and happy future with your new vehicle!
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

See my comments below

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Ok, got it.

1. Manual says depress the clutch and crank the engine. Is that really the way to do it? What if the vehicle starts without depressing the clutch?

Already answered

2. Manual mentions two indicators for low fuel warning - the fuel tank symbol, and the LED next to it. I have only seen the LED glow until now. BTW, how much fuel is approximately left when the low-fuel LED glows the first time?

10ltrs

3. I understand the 'express down' feature on the driver's side window, but why this feature is available individually on other windows? Does anyone think that is helpful?

Helpful during toll payments etc, its a feature, you have to develop a habit for it.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:42   #20
BHPian

Promise, I never depressed the clutch while starting in any of my previous cars, and they ran fine till the last day of my ownership. But, as always, there is a reason for everything. So, okay, will take care of that. Thanks.

Thanks dadu for the other responses.

Some other accessories planned:
- front and rear bull guard
- reverse cam with LCD (the LCD was always in my mind as you will note from the fitting of a DVD headset)

I'm not too keen on the seat covers as yet though, but well...will see how it goes and then decide.

Any ideas on how to manage the rear bull bar (the straight line one) and the reverse camera together? As far as I think, the bar is going to obstruct the view of the camera, as both are going to be at the same level. Any workaround possible?
Old 24th November 2008, 23:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

yes buddy, you do get such bull bars for the rear for the scorpio. it has a depression in the centre to accomodate the scorpio's rear step. i think it will fit in your safari too.
also, about the clutch, this procedure is not necessary but recommended.
Old 24th November 2008, 23:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Promise, I never depressed the clutch while starting in any of my previous cars, and they ran fine till the last day of my ownership. But, as always, there is a reason for everything. So, okay, will take care of that. Thanks.

Thanks dadu for the other responses.

Some other accessories planned:
- front and rear bull guard
- reverse cam with LCD (the LCD was always in my mind as you will note from the fitting of a DVD headset)

I'm not too keen on the seat covers as yet though, but well...will see how it goes and then decide.

Any ideas on how to manage the rear bull bar (the straight line one) and the reverse camera together? As far as I think, the bar is going to obstruct the view of the camera, as both are going to be at the same level. Any workaround possible?
Congrats!cheers:

That clutch part is new to me. Ought to implement it .

Get the cam + lcd from Karol Bagh. 4k or so. If you are buying one contact Kpgetz or tsk (and buy one for me too )
Old 25th November 2008, 00:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for having acquired the beast! Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 25th November 2008, 12:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

KK, congrats on your new vehicle, really loved your style of narration. Happy Mile munching!
Old 25th November 2008, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, kkdelhi! Wishing you many miles of happy driving!
Quote:
3. I understand the 'express down' feature on the driver's side window, but why this feature is available individually on other windows? Does anyone think that is helpful?
Guess it's for the sole reason that the driver has to hold both his/her hands on to the steering wheel, and not hold on to the power window switch till it lowers fully.

Cheers.

Last edited by dkamath : 25th November 2008 at 13:29. Reason: other queires answered already, by other members
Old 25th November 2008, 15:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

i dont understand why most manufacturers offer only auto down feature for the driver's window? why not auto up too?
if the driver has to use his hands for the steering, same goes when rolling the window up right?
Old 25th November 2008, 15:39   #27
BHPian

I usually press theclutch and let go before I start the engine. It this right or do I keep pressing the clutch when I start the engine?

Experts do advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Old 25th November 2008, 15:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I usually press theclutch and let go before I start the engine. It this right or do I keep pressing the clutch when I start the engine?

Experts do advice.
You are supposed to keep the clutch pressed till the engine starts up
Old 25th November 2008, 17:26   #29
BHPian

Hope there has been no damage till now? How do I find out? Henceforth I shall follow this rule.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Hope there has been no damage till now? How do I find out? Henceforth I shall follow this rule.
there should be no immediate damage.

Depressing clutch while cranking is for betterment so just start following it and you will be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks