Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 22:00   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
airportrun,
Guess you meant Xtrapremium for Xtramile is diesel

And congrats on the new car. Looks swell. Happy Driving.

Hi fFuntainheader (my favorite novel- Ayn rand- The fountain head),

you are right sir

Cheers, Ravi
Old 25th November 2008, 22:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Reason people suggest not using premium fuels is that Honda recommends normal petrol. They have tuned the engine for the 87 octane (not sure about exact numbers) we get as normal petrol. Speed/XtraPremium aren't better fuels - they just have additives of dubious use. Most of these chemicals end up as deposits in the engine and do no good at all (except providing a steady diet for your wallet).

Do remember that a higher octane fuel does not give you any extra performance if the engine is not designed to take advantage of it. Octane numbers just tell you resistant the fuel is to premature ignition. Higher the octane value, higher the compression ratios can be, and thus, higher performance to be extracted. Real high octane fuel has better quality petrol than just additives added as an afterthought. I think Speed 97 is a member of that bracket (and costs like it too).
Old 25th November 2008, 22:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice car with a good color.
I think the Ground Clearence will be an issue. Have you experienced this ?
How was bottom end torque as compared to the idsi motor ?
Is the pendrive Transcend JetFlash V30 series one ? That is the slowest pendrive available in the market. Does the player suffer because of slow pendrive. Have you tired faster pendrives ?
Was there any noticable difference ?
Old 25th November 2008, 22:09   #49
BHPian

Nice car, Ravi! Wishing you many miles of happy motoring!
The cover below the engine doesn't look like a necessity, as it will be bound to get collect dust, dirt, stones, over the kind of roads that we drive on. All in all, the car is a good looker!
Old 25th November 2008, 22:10   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Reason people suggest not using premium fuels is that Honda recommends normal petrol. They have tuned the engine for the 87 octane (not sure about exact numbers) we get as normal petrol. Speed/XtraPremium aren't better fuels - they just have additives of dubious use. Most of these chemicals end up as deposits in the engine and do no good at all (except providing a steady diet for your wallet).

Do remember that a higher octane fuel does not give you any extra performance if the engine is not designed to take advantage of it. Octane numbers just tell you resistant the fuel is to premature ignition. Higher the octane value, higher the compression ratios can be, and thus, higher performance to be extracted. Real high octane fuel has better quality petrol than just additives added as an afterthought. I think Speed 97 is a member of that bracket (and costs like it too).
Hey, thanks much for the clarification...I have just checked..there is a sticker which is pasted which says "Unleaded Fuel only, 91 RON/ ROZ Min"...don't know what this means....will check and let you all know if there is a mention in the manual...

Thanks, Ravi
Old 25th November 2008, 22:14   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Nice car with a good color.
I think the Ground Clearence will be an issue. Have you experienced this ?
How was bottom end torque as compared to the idsi motor ?
Is the pendrive Transcend JetFlash V30 series one ? That is the slowest pendrive available in the market. Does the player suffer because of slow pendrive. Have you tired faster pendrives ?
Was there any noticable difference ?
Hi, I have not faced any problems with the ground clearance (pl. refer my first post). You are right I use the pen drive you have mentioned and I was not aware that I am using the slowest one available but, surprisingly there is no loss of quality/ or time lag during reading the data, absolutely not.

Cheers, Ravi
Old 25th November 2008, 23:01   #52

Yes...lack of climate control is an irritant....I feel cold and switch OFF the AC and after few minutes I feel like switching ON the AC again.....I have no concerns about the other interiors/ looks/ feel.

Cheers, Ravi
Old 25th November 2008, 23:12   #53
BHPian

1 small issue about the pen drives - MP3 can never come near the quality of the formats in audio CDs. music is most easily available in normal ACD format (DAT files) in the market and most of the users possess these rather than MP3s loaded in pen drives. maybe its the technology of the future, but not now.

what i feel is Honda might throw in CD players as a "limited" offer now and then.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportrun View Post
Hey, thanks much for the clarification...I have just checked..there is a sticker which is pasted which says "Unleaded Fuel only, 91 RON/ ROZ Min"...don't know what this means....will check and let you all know if there is a mention in the manual...

Thanks, Ravi
You can find the explanations for terms like RON and ROZ on the Wikipedia. Problem is that the way these things are calculated vary from country to country. Suffice to say, RON is a unit for the fabled value called the octane number. I believe my Civic's manual states 87 octane (RON) for the ASEAN market. I would check for you, but it is nearly midnight here and I would have to open a few locks to get to the car (inside which the manual resides)

Either way, Honda would have tuned the car for regular unleaded fuel available everywhere. Asking people to fill premium fuel (which isn't premium fuel in the first place) in a mass market car, that too in our subcontinent, is sheer lunacy.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 25th November 2008 at 23:40.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:34   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures Ravi, you've covered every nook, corner and angle

Wihing you a fun filled and happy ownership for miles to come.. and the colour definitely looks very nice
Old 26th November 2008, 02:21   #56
abk
BHPian

91 RON, eh?! That does call for a higher octane value petrol than the "normal" that is claimed to be 87 (which is often adulterated the degree of adulteration roughly varying based on where one refills). Why would Honda do it for the Indian market? Or have i got it all wrong??
Old 26th November 2008, 06:01   #57
BHPian

Congratulation on your new ride Ravi. Continue posting your reviews. Cheers.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:26   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaseem View Post
page 2

almost 24 hrs
no pictures

congrats on your new car, please post some pictures.

regards

Vaseem
I guess Ravi is still trying to familiarize himself on how to post pics on this blog!!!! Can someone (BHPian) explain the same for benefit of all newbies.

I am getting my ANHC S-MT on 27 Nov from Prestige Honda, Chandigarh. Will post review over the weekend.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:41   #59

hi All,

I got my Red new Honda city MT on 19th Nov.. Let me tell you its an amazing car... Great drive and good mileage..

I have got 14.7 as the First full to full calculation..

Just GO for it....
Old 26th November 2008, 15:24   #60
BHPian

Congratulations Nishant. These milage figures are awesome. can you please put some info like driving city, conditions, ac / non ac, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks