Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:14   #1

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report

I have got my All New Honda City, Auto Transmission version on Sat 15th Nov, 2008…mine is the first New Honda City in Hyderabad…I think this is the first car owned by a team-bhp member…..the color I have chosen is Polished Metallic....The other color which I was keen on was white, but finally I have gone for the Polished Metallic.

I wanted to post a report with the mileage included and hence waited all these days to post my first observations on the car.

The AT version is extremely comfortable and is really helpful for city driving. The paddle shifts are very very useful. I tried the paddle shifts in both the D and S modes…But, you rarely get a chance to use them during city driving. ..You can make out the gear changes, but the shifts are very comfortable, you hardly feel them. I strongly recommend the AT version, in fact i first booked a Manual transmission one and later changed to a AT version.

Ground clearance is not a problem at all (pl see photographs attached). I own a Tata Indigo which I have been driving for the last 2 years, and the ground clearance of the Honda City is as good as my Indigo. I always ensure I drive very slowly on a bumpy road or a speed breaker.

Sound system rocks…I am a music freak and, my favorite ‘Pink Floyd’’ songs sound great…on par with my home theater…you can hardly make out any difference.

Now comes the most awaited aspect of the car…mileage…I drive the car in the thick of traffic with AC on always…have used “Indian Oil, Xtra Premium petrol”…filled the tank to the brim on day I purchased the car…and today I filled the tank to the brim again….and the mileage I got is exactly 10KMPL…..I disagree with reports which say that the mileage meter in the car is inaccurate…my mileage meter also showed a mileage of 10 KMPL average….I have got the tank filled today and, I will post my next milege report next week. I am very happy with the mileage…10 KMPL in the city with AC on always is pretty decent…that too with a AT version...I hope the mileage will improve this time.

The exterior looks are fabulous and I feel good when people slow down their cars to have a glance at my car..believe me, it happens every day

One observation (see photographs attached) which the dealer also could not explain is that the bottom of the engine is not covered...you can see the ground when you open the bonnet…I presume that this gap is left to allow the engine to collapse in case of a major hit on the front….

I definitely miss the climate control in the car...no mud flaps provided (see photographs) and doors get dirty easily…..and the dealer says that accessories might arrive sometime next week.

I am loving the car and will post my 2nd mileage report next Sunday.

Cheers, Ravi Manchikanti
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:50   #2
BHPian

congrats dude very nice car looks and feature wise for that price i am yet to see one on road in my city
btw where are the pictures?
Old 23rd November 2008, 23:51   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your new car!

Well yours is not the first on t-bhp; but the other 2 owners seem to have vanished after putting in their initial posts. But where are the photograps that you have mentioned? Please post them correctly – if required refer FAQ on how to post them.

So you are confirming a mileage of 10 for AT in city – well that is good but not great.

Keep your post updated.
Old 24th November 2008, 00:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy
the pics you have mentioned about have not come up.
Please repost the pics.

My cousin too got a City S but a manual
and i drove it for about 2 kms
Was impressed with it.

Congrats.
Old 24th November 2008, 00:58   #5
BHPian

Congrats for the new ride!! cheers:
post the pics again and looking for a more detailed report soon.
what color is polished metallic? i dont know
enjoy the car and drive safe.
Old 24th November 2008, 07:57   #6
BHPian

Congrats on getting the first ANHC in this forum pls post a detailed test report & post pictures as we are waiting to see ur car.
Old 24th November 2008, 08:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

where are the pictures sir?
Old 24th November 2008, 09:06   #8
BHPian

Hey congrats dude.

10kmpl with A/T is just ok. That too you use Xtra Premium petrol, which adds up to your per km running cost. I guess you will have to observe it for at least three fillings?
By the way what is the suggested octane rating for ANHC?

Still waiting for the pics.
Old 24th November 2008, 09:06   #9
BHPian

while its not the first AHNC in this forum, its definitely the first Automatic AHNC here

congrats on the gr8 ride! cheers:

mileage of 10kmpl before 1st service in a automatic car in city is decent. i bet it will improve with time, esp after 1st and 2nd service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportrun
I feel good when people slow down their cars to have a glance at my car..believe me, it happens every day
haha! i believe you because i experienced the same for a long time with my Vista...these days quite a few Vistas (all Quadrajets - seen almost 8 in last few days) are seen on the roads here and the novelty is sadly beginning to wear off.
Old 24th November 2008, 09:09   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. waiting for your pictures!
Old 24th November 2008, 09:57   #11
BHPian

Hello Ravi, Congrats!!!
Yours is a fullyloaded version?
I'm eager to see the pictures as I want to see the color Polished Metallic.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:25   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on your all New Honda City ride. Welcome to the Honda club. Please post the pictures and keep us posted on the mileage.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new City.I took a loot at the AT version and I was impressed by the Paddle shift.
Please post some pics soon
Old 24th November 2008, 10:44   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I dont think he means first ANHC on the forum, probably is the first one in HYD.

10kmpl is good, my NHC CVT gives 9kmpl in Mumbai traffic. I suggest you stick to regular petrol, no real advantages have been reported with premium petrol, infact most car markers are against it.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

10kmpl is good considering the power and weight of the car but still a long way from being as FE as the idsi.

Im sure that fig will improve a bit once the engine is run-in.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks