Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 15:24   #61
BHPian

Hey Nishant, great mileage! Which fuel did you use Nnormal or Power? How many kilometers have you driven for this mileage check?

Please post some snaps too!
Old 26th November 2008, 15:31   #62
BHPian

Also Nishant, how accurate in the mileage gauge in the instrument panel? How much does it show in your case, considering you are getting 14.7 kmpl full-to-full basis?
Old 26th November 2008, 16:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
In the Jetta too the paddle shifters work in D mode.
Sahil, that would be a DSG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Say you are cruising in D mode and you want to execute an overtake maneuver - just tap the left paddle and the transmission shifts down.
The Polished Metallic shade looks like a lighter version of the Civic's Carbon Bronze Pearl. Looks very good
Arun,

Well even for my test drive, I was told to shift to S to use the paddles. Hence the query!

My City is Carbon Bronze Pearl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportrun View Post
3. The paddle shifts can be used in 'D' mode. When you press the + or - paddle, you see the gear no. displayed. The car returns to the Auto mode automatically.
Ravi, thanks for making it clear and preempting my question about gear indicator! Enjoy your paddle shift automatic.

Until you get familiar with the paddles, use the kick down for quick acceleration or shift the gear selector to S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
The cover below the engine doesn't look like a necessity, as it will be bound to get collect dust, dirt, stones, over the kind of roads that we drive on.
Damodar, even the NHC does not have that cover by default. I added mine. It does protect the engine from road debris etc.

Quote:
Yes...lack of climate control is an irritant....I feel cold and switch OFF the AC and after few minutes I feel like switching ON the AC again
Ravi,

I have seen such messages from other car users also. The right most knob is what you can use to prevent that. In the photos that you have put up, the button is at its extreme left. In my CVT it moves in notches. The fourth notch from the present position should keep you comfortable. Adjust the blow to your convenience. When I am alone, if this position feels warm, I just go down one notch and it would be fine.

The direction control knob ideally would be in the full face position. I am talking about all these positions with 'recirculation' in on position.

Try it to see whether this helps!
Old 26th November 2008, 16:29   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Also Nishant, how accurate in the mileage gauge in the instrument panel? How much does it show in your case, considering you are getting 14.7 kmpl full-to-full basis?
Mileage gauge u can say is a little bit on upper side.. It showed around 16 in my case.. I have driven 450 kms for this mileage check.. But these are first figures, we need to wait to see if this is consistent.
Old 30th November 2008, 01:52   #65

Hi friends,

Got New Honda City SMT (Alabaster Silver Metallic) on 27 Nov from Prestige Honda, Chandigarh. Few photographs of the car is attached (You can blame my camera phone for poor image quality). I have driven it for around 280 Kms which includes 240 Kms of highway driving from Chandigarh to Delhi. My initial comments on experience of owning ANHC as follows:-
1. Ride quality and pick is outstanding. Gear shifts are quite smooth.
2. Music system’s sound quality is excellent. Provision for optional CD player exists inside top display panel.
3. Fuel consumption meter has given 21 KMPL during highway drive (see attached photo) and as of now showing 18.0 with around 40 kms of city driving. The Mileage bar giving instant reading (occasionally going to 40!) and kept changing with refresh rate of 10 secs. However the digital readout gave overall fuel efficiency. I have filled full tank with Indian Oil premium petrol and would be cross checking the fuel efficiency in my next refill.
4. It has compact and silent engine but wondering why the bottom portion is kept open. Dirt and debris will keep entering from bottom especially in Indian road condition.
5. It has 02 yrs of standard warranty and 02 additional warranty or 80000 Kms whichever is earlier.
6. Cost of all accessories at dealers is very high. In addition, Elegance package for Rs 25000/- has following items
a.Exhaust Pipe Finisher,
b.Corner Protector(rear and front)
c.Side Protector
d.Mudguard
e.Illuminated side step garnish
7. Mudguard and back seat pillows are not standard accessories as has been shown in earlier ANHC brochure.
8. Overall slicker look than Honda City ZX and a real head turner on the road. Top view of ANHC along with Tata Indica and Maruti Alto is also attached for reference.

Regards
MK Sinha
Attached Thumbnails
The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008001.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008002.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008003.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008004.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-27112008005.jpg  

The First All New Honda City in Hyderabad with mileage report-28112008.jpg  

Old 30th November 2008, 10:24   #66
BHPian

Congrats MK Sinha on your new car.
Initial mileage reports are good and it is quite pleasing. Keep updating on your ride.
Old 30th November 2008, 11:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

'gratz on your new car Mr. Sinha.

21KMPL is amazing mileage!

Another thing is that I keep looking at the photos of the ANHC and then looking at NHC ZXs - on its own, the ANHC isn't much of a head turner as the Civic was on release, but compared to the outgoing car, it looks fantastic!
Old 30th November 2008, 11:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Great mileage figures there ! Congrats ! Can you please check the average FE with AC on in day to day city driving ? Do keep us posted mate !
Old 30th November 2008, 13:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Yes...lack of climate control is an irritant....I feel cold and switch OFF the AC and after few minutes I feel like switching ON the AC again.....I have no concerns about the other interiors/ looks/ feel.

Cheers, Ravi
yeah, the lack of climate control is a bother. but i do not see why the a/c needs to be switched off because it too cold!! rather one could use the the temp control switch to suite personal comfort.
Old 30th November 2008, 13:22   #70

HI

Cong! man, I am also from Hyderabad.

How much it costed on-road?
Old 1st December 2008, 21:43   #71

congratulations MK Sinha. Hondas are really good cars, i've come across hardly anyone who would have a bad opinion about the honda car. Hows the seating? Is it comfortable? My cousin has city ZX and complaints a lot about back ache on long drives. Thats an excellent mileage you got, keep us posted for more.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Sahil just reported his iDSI mileage to be 9 kmpl in city A/C. So the new City AT isnt behind.
I have an IDSI and my city mileage is close to 14 most of the times. That too horible roads with heavy trafic (Marathahally home to ITPL-Bangalore-Speed never exceeds 40 and not more than 3rd gear most of the times)
Thnaks
Prince
Old 4th December 2008, 20:09   #73

Do you have a full to full final figure on FE? Please let us know. I think all are waiting for an actual figure on FE...
Old 4th December 2008, 22:16   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjordy View Post
Do you have a full to full final figure on FE? Please let us know. I think all are waiting for an actual figure on FE...
Dear pjordy, waiting for atleast 500 Kms of odometer reading prior to refilling for calculating accurate mileage. Even I am curious to cross-check actual mileage and will post same in couple of days. As on date my mileage readout is showing 18 Km/L.
Old 7th December 2008, 19:27   #75

Pride Honda - buying from is realy a pride?

Dear All customers of Pride Honda

I have bought a CITY CVT from Pride Honda on 5th Nov' 2008. while putting on the car seat cover I found the brackets or the rear seat back rest is totally rusted and the trunk was with puddle of 15 litres of water. after week When I got my car back I found the safety bars and all metal parts behind the Dash board were totally rusted and corroded (see the photos). My car still with M/s Pride Honda and I had several mails sent to customer relations at Honda car India with photos, wrote mails to get reply from Vice Presiden or President of Honda India. but no luck yet. No favourable reply; Pride Honda has totally re-assembled the car at their service center at Bolaram Road but I have denied to accept this re-assembled car at new cost.

Whoever has bought the car from Pride Honda are advised to check their vehicle thoroughly if specially purchsed with in couple of months from Pride Honda, 36 Jubilee Hills.

Sabyasachi Sen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks