Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:58   #46
BHPian

y the way nitin, check out the post by CAD. his panes are also black, which leaves me with one query. is it being offered only in Aura.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...la-red-10.html

i'll find out.
Old 2nd January 2009, 13:50   #47
BHPian

Thanks a lot Kunal!

The Aqua has black door handles, black body railings but body coloured window panes.

While the Aura has body coloured door handles, body coloured railings but black window panes, funny isn't it
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:19   #48
BHPian

black "window panes" (more correctly the B pillar) are suppossed to give a sporty touch and are usually available in the higher end variants of most cars. thats why its available only in the Aura variant.

for instance in Swift, black pillars are available in ZXI, VXI/VDI only and not in LXI/LDI. for similar reasons, colored handles/ORVM are avialable only in ZXI and VDI but not in VXI, LXI, LDI (VDI is the top end in diesel)

btw, tinting the rear windshield would not hamper the defogger.
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kunal
I love the read in Vista.

@CAD - Nice observation mate regarding the window panes. I didnt knw that.
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:53   #50
Team-BHP Support

The B-pillars can be blackened for as little as 200 bucks at any good auto accessory shop, especially the ones that make number plates.
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
black "window panes" (more correctly the B pillar) are suppossed to give a sporty touch and are usually available in the higher end variants of most cars. thats why its available only in the Aura variant.

for instance in Swift, black pillars are available in ZXI, VXI/VDI only and not in LXI/LDI. for similar reasons, colored handles/ORVM are avialable only in ZXI and VDI but not in VXI, LXI, LDI (VDI is the top end in diesel)

btw, tinting the rear windshield would not hamper the defogger.
Yeah I have noticed that. But just thought that its something so minor especially the blackening of window panes, it wouldnt cost the manufacturers much yet just to increase the list of goodies in the top end model they do it.

In fact, the cost difference b/w terra and aqua is 15k and the only useful thing that the aqua has and terra doesnt have is the power windows.
I learnt that the power windows can be installed for 7k. The central locking in there in Aqua but not in Terra. The cost for getting a remote keyless entry in the Aqua is 4250 Rs whereas in terra it is 4600 so the value of central locking is only 400 Rs. I was furious when I heard that.

I know that the Aqua has fog lamps, left side mirror and tachometer, dual tone interiors etc but these are minor goodies.
The cost of putting these isnt much, I dont understand why car companies need to exclude these from a car and then introduce a new variant for it.

By the way, do they paint the B pillars black in the Aura or do they do a sticker job?

Last edited by revhappy : 2nd January 2009 at 17:27. Reason: More details
Old 5th January 2009, 15:36   #52
BHPian

i dont know how i missed this stunner of a pic in my earlier posts.
I know my car still looks incomplete wo the roof rails. I have been following up so intensely (almost daily) for the rails. i feel somewhere.

Nevertheless I have done 870 kms and am pretty close to my first servicing. Soon I'll be upgrading my post to newer thread.

By the ways with each passing kms my love for the car is increasing. I must say all my apprehensions about buying a Vista over Swift is History. I have no regrets whatsoever.

one question for the forum- Could anyone find out the details about the make and rating and technial description of turbochargers mounted in a Swift, a Vista and a Palio?
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-r0011429.jpg  

Old 5th January 2009, 20:44   #53
BHPian

roof rails! never thought of it actually. how are they installing it for your car? ie, are they drilling holes on the roof and screwing them in or are they stuck on? either way remember that most p'rolly it only cosmetic and not meant to actually carry luggage!

i was thinking of adding a prominent rear spoiler later but i am not sure if it would suit the shape of the Vista.

Last edited by CtrlAltDel : 5th January 2009 at 20:46.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
roof rails! never thought of it actually. how are they installing it for your car? ie, are they drilling holes on the roof and screwing them in or are they stuck on? either way remember that most p'rolly it only cosmetic and not meant to actually carry luggage!

i was thinking of adding a prominent rear spoiler later but i am not sure if it would suit the shape of the Vista.
Its a stick on type of arrangement. i too am waiting to see how exactly will that fit. I have been sure from the begining that its is for that sportive look I have always wanted from my car. Just wait for the installation to happen. I will post the pics after that. I am sure it'll look mindblowing.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:06   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cost for getting a remote keyless entry in the Aqua is 4250 Rs whereas in terra it is 4600 so the value of central locking is only 400 Rs. I was furious when I heard that.
A remote keyless entry system comes with its own central locking mechanism. when you install it in a car which has central locking as OE, one of these mechanisms will become redundant and be disabled, usually the OE one.

hence the similar pricing
Old 6th January 2009, 03:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
i dont know how i missed this stunner of a pic in my earlier posts.
Hey Nice pic Kunal. Red Vista is a stunner for sure.

by the way did you snap this one at the petrol pump on Nagar Road/Chandan Nagar?
Old 6th January 2009, 16:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Hey Nice pic Kunal. Red Vista is a stunner for sure.

by the way did you snap this one at the petrol pump on Nagar Road/Chandan Nagar?
bulls eye! the d'mello fillling station.
Old 6th January 2009, 21:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:

A real spoiler for a vista? not really me cup of tea.
And btw, i just got my Vista a few days back. Same colour(Gala Red), Same model(Aura) cheers:.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound View Post
A real spoiler for a vista? not really me cup of tea.
And btw, i just got my Vista a few days back. Same colour(Gala Red), Same model(Aura) cheers:.
a spoiler could be sported in the erstwhile indica's, as there was no provision of the "High tail lamps". It made sense to install tail lamps too in the spoiler of indica. None of the spoilers that we see on roads are for any performance enhancement. Vista doesn't need one as it has a frame to sport the high tail lamp.

by the ways bloodhound welcome to the Club V. when did u get the dely? how many kms on the odo?
Old 7th January 2009, 11:07   #60
BHPian

by the way, post some pics of your beauty man!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks