Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 09:41   #91
BHPian

new pictures of my car!

New picture of my car!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-08022009720_01.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-03022009_01.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-03022009002.jpg  

Old 18th February 2009, 09:59   #92
BHPian

Good pics kunal,

Its good to see the FE figures are still high, on my indica turbo its gone low to 15 after 2nd service and 6000 km travelled.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:00   #93
BHPian

hey shabbir! good to hear from you again.
Believe U Me.... the FE figures are just getting better and better with each drive.
I will be pitting the car for the second time this week end. It 5500 kms on the odo. Many nittys to be taken care of. will keep u posted
Old 18th February 2009, 23:31   #94
BHPian

mods i was going through the indica vista review posted on the main page found one specific information quite hilarious. Vista auto locks at 20 kmph!!!

I mean come on- check the facts. Even if i leave the ignition on without actually driving, the car auto locks after 10-15 seconds.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal2202 View Post
mods i was going through the indica vista review posted on the main page found one specific information quite hilarious. Vista auto locks at 20 kmph!!!

I mean come on- check the facts. Even if i leave the ignition on without actually driving, the car auto locks after 10-15 seconds.
No Kunal this info is true, Mine auto locks after 20 kmph
Old 19th February 2009, 16:26   #96
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone explain this auto lock funda more?
Old 19th February 2009, 16:46   #97
BHPian

Hi Kunal,

I wanted to know what are the problems that you have faced with Indica Vista. I have booked Vista Aura Quadrajet and am expecting delivery by Saturday. Hence the question.

I was at the stockyard when we bought the car and one thing that bothered me a lot was the plastic outside the front windscreen. It seems like all the vista cars that were there at the stockyard, had the plastic beeding loose or ill fitted and which looked a real eye sore to me. I asked the guy there to explain why is the beeding loose, he says that normal as it is standing in the sun and before delivery they will stick the beeding using the bostik.

Have you faced this issue too.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 19th February 2009, 18:17   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hi Harry,

The info is not Vista specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Can anyone explain this auto lock funda more?
With different after market central / remote locking solutions, the method with which the centrol locking activates automatically has been different.

The following are the methods, I have seen:

The central locking activates when all the 4 doors are closed and the handbrake is released.

The central locking activates after you release the foot brake the first time you press after all the 4 doors are closed. In this model even if you open it from inside, it relocks automatically with the first brake press release.

In the Autocop in my Marina, it locks after all the 4 doors are closed and when the engine idles for about 10 seconds.

In all the above, the central locking opens the doors when the ignition is switched off.

In all the above, the individual doors (front passenger and rear doors) can be opened from inside even when the central locking is activated. The driver door unlocks all the door locks.
Old 19th February 2009, 18:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Got the point trrk
My friends santro also auto locks around 15-20kmph, so as i understand vista has this feature, confirmation?
Old 19th February 2009, 19:06   #100
BHPian

Just to add one more feature,

In AutoCop with Power Window feature Roll Up when locked,
First time you press the open button from remote: It will only open the driver side door and when you press the open button 2nd time then all doors will be opened.

And auto locking from inside happens when he starts the engine and leaves it idle for 10 sec.
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi Kunal,

I wanted to know what are the problems that you have faced with Indica Vista. I have booked Vista Aura Quadrajet and am expecting delivery by Saturday. Hence the question.

I was at the stockyard when we bought the car and one thing that bothered me a lot was the plastic outside the front windscreen. It seems like all the vista cars that were there at the stockyard, had the plastic beeding loose or ill fitted and which looked a real eye sore to me. I asked the guy there to explain why is the beeding loose, he says that normal as it is standing in the sun and before delivery they will stick the beeding using the bostik.

Have you faced this issue too.

Regards,
Kailash
I am sorry to reply late to you. Yes indeed I too have the same issue. It still hangs loose and even you get it glued, it kind of re-loosens after a couple of car washes. Plastic work is very inconsistent and a let down. For eg. compare the 2 pics in the pdf doc below. It shows the rear-view assembly and fitting on left and right side and right side of the door. I looked around for other vistas (see pics)and found the same slack one every other car. Even the service technician admitted that he was unaware of until then.

p.s. I am highlighting all the issues just for the sake of awareness- social service guyz! and am not specifically complain against the car. I love it more than any other thing in the world- well at least until I buy my next one!
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0169.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0171.jpg  

Finally, got my gala red vista...welcome to "Club V"- EDIT- Updated to 3000 kms-imag0172.jpg  

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rear view mirrors- Vista Aura QJD.pdf (111.5 KB, 343 views)
Old 23rd February 2009, 13:27   #102
BHPian

Vista Plastic Quality is a big problem.

Hi friends,

I own Vista Aura QJD for one month now. And I came in front of lot of plastic quality issues of Vista. I am noting down one by one...

1) AC fan speed control and flow direction control buttons are not working. When the mechanic tried to findout the problem, he found that bad plastic quality has broken various mounts of AC controller. Now ordered replacement for that.

2) While doing this repair work. The top cover which fits on AC buttons got broken at several places from inside. No replacement for this. But can do fine after some packing.

3) The button strip which contains fog and hazard lamp controls was broken due to bad plastic. I repaired that myself using fewistick.

4) When the plastic in front of odometer removed. I found that Speedometer is supported by thermocol. It has no guarantee that it will serve its purpose for long time.

5) Door handled from inside make some sound while opening. They are not perfect fit at their positions.

6) Door handles from outside are also like that. They should be firm at their position but this is not case. They can vibrate in any direction.

Surely, plastic quality is big let down...
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:31   #103
BHPian

trrk, revhappy, Harry
i think trrk has cleared most of the air about this auto locking. I checked up with the dealer and they seem to offer 2 types of autolock systems. I chose the cheaper option which is a timer based auto-locking.

sushant- these problems let us down big time. Whoz ur dealer by the way? which service station will u be pitting in? I would like to have a look at your car. When can we meet?

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 14:58. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 23rd February 2009, 15:43   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Hi friends,

I own Vista Aura QJD for one month now. And I came in front of lot of plastic quality issues of Vista. I am noting down one by one...

1) AC fan speed control and flow direction control buttons are not working. When the mechanic tried to findout the problem, he found that bad plastic quality has broken various mounts of AC controller. Now ordered replacement for that.

2) While doing this repair work. The top cover which fits on AC buttons got broken at several places from inside. No replacement for this. But can do fine after some packing.

3) The button strip which contains fog and hazard lamp controls was broken due to bad plastic. I repaired that myself using fewistick.

4) When the plastic in front of odometer removed. I found that Speedometer is supported by thermocol. It has no guarantee that it will serve its purpose for long time.

5) Door handled from inside make some sound while opening. They are not perfect fit at their positions.

6) Door handles from outside are also like that. They should be firm at their position but this is not case. They can vibrate in any direction.

Surely, plastic quality is big let down...
well sushant that is ghastly!!!

how can tata go scott free just like that - I know Maruti plastic quality is most car sucks big time but this is simply unacceptable (or is it a one off case). This is surely a let down and would definetly put off quite a few prospective buyers of the vista.

Well in my TD of this vehicle I did found that the plastics were of bad quality but things falling off and getting broke is a complete no-no.

Please write a detailed mail to the Tata's - she shoudl take steps to change the entire plastics at least. In the US you could have got a entire refund or a new car or even a amount over the car amount - simply compalin to the proper authorities and consumer courts there.

Do take your case up with the TATAs.
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:11   #105
BHPian

I think this should be case of every Vista out there. Just you need to peep into Vista's dashboard. Just remove bottom most part of central console ( Cover above AC button controls) It is press fit. You can see that inside finish is total cry. May be I will post some pictures in this weekend. My car is at my home town, currently my parents are enjoying Vista ride. I will go home on this weekend and post some pictures. How to open dashboard and inner cry.

Another problem I am facing is from dealer fitted Autocop system. I complained this to TATA Motors and dealer got good scolding call for this. He is replacing my Autocop unit on next service.

Otherwise car is good. Giving good mileage. My father is learning to drive the car. He never goes above third gear. But still car gives 22kmpl of mileage. That is relieving part of Vista experience.

One more problem I forgot to mention.
Color on power window switches is now faded. They have white spots now on it.... all power window buttons.

Explanation to this problem is like this: My car delivery got postponed by one week in January. I inquired about delay in delivery to one of My friend in Tata Motors. He said that 1000 Vista's were lying in godown due to shortage of power window buttons. To catch up this Tata might have fitted subtle finished/half cooked buttons to all those cars.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 15:32. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks