Old 19th January 2009, 20:40   #16
BHPian

Congratulations. Hope you had taken the delivery. Please post pics
Old 19th January 2009, 20:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase. Drive safe.. and please post pics
Old 19th January 2009, 20:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to a detailed review and some photographs.
Old 21st January 2009, 14:46   #19
BHPian

Hello All here is my journey towards the anniversary edition Indica Vista Aura

I had booked for a vista quadrajet Aura on Aug 30th 2008 itself. I was very convinced then itself that this is one hell of a car and will suite all my needs. I had my priorities clear. I wanted a hatchback with oodles of space and decent power with good FE and decent looks. Was looking at swift Vdi and Ford fusion at the time. There was no space in swift and fusion was very costly. Then came the bolt from the blue. Indica Vista. Went there , had a test drive and decided. This is the car that I am going to buy. After driving an esteem till now Vista was all new for me. Good leg space everywhere. Good pleasant interiors and decent power.

But Alas , suddenly my money dried up and I sat on the booking for months altogether. Every day when I pass the prerana motors on my bullet on my way to office I used to think . "Oh God when will I be able to arrange the money for that car". I had give 1.5 Lacs and now needed 4.24 lacs ( 4.74 was the initial onroad price).

Then SBI came with a plan which was god send for me. SBI home cash. If you had a home loan in SBI for 2 years you can avail loan from SBI which will have the same interest rate as home loan for 10 years. Readily applied for that . This was in september mid. But because of the ineffiency of a personall at SBI the loan process kept dragging and dragging. And I had already got rid of my esteem and now here I was without a car and a need to travel 50 kms a day !!!. Also with a kid and a wife. I think all of you can imagine what will happen to you when you are used to having a car and suddenly it is not there. Its during this period I learnt patience is a good virtue to have. Almost everyday i used to call this lady at SBI and ask what happened of the loan. Invariable I used to get the reply .Next week sir. All is done. Its send to the head office. And at last in Dec 1st week the manager calls me and tells me that my loan is rejected since i hadnt paid some EMIs for my home loan. I was desperate by this time and this was the last nail on my plans to get a vista. I thought i will drop the idea and get a second hand car for the 1.5 lacs. But I was sure that I has paid all the EMIs and so I checked my account statements . It was all there. They had bloody tricked me. I send the whole account statements to the manager and asked for explanation. On the same day the old lady who was incharge of my loan got transferred. But the Manager was a very good person and he told that he will arrange the loan. Then it was all super fast. Got the loan for 5 lacs in a week and got the loan transferred to banglaore on 15th.

That was my tryst with the bank. In december the prices of cars fell and it was 4.54 lacs. I thought. Oh!! God has conspired so that he will save 20 K for me. Then came the Anniversary edition. I didnt think much about it. But one day just like that me and my wife checked out the new Anniversary car in the showroom. I was instantly hooked. It was looking fabulous in white and black and with the alloy wheels. The music system and interiors were also looking great. Decided that I will go for it when I get the money ( Manager had promised me by this time that I will indeed get the money)

So on 16th went to prerana motors and spoke to the sales manager there. He told he can arrange the car by Monday. I was too happy. So atlast God had conspired to get me the best . Got a 6 K discount as corporate discount and mats , idol , perfume etc as goodies. so atlast the price came up to 5.85 Kms on road.

So on saturday I was checking out my jeep in the workshop since it was being restored and was there till about 6.30 PM. Got a call from the sales person that the car is ready for delivery. I was dumbfolded !!!. Car getting delivered 2 days before the said date. But I was not ready. I told him that I will collect it on Sunday morning. Ok on friday itself I had done an inspection of the car before it went for registration as to if there are any problems. The car was good and looked great.

The D day arrives. On Sunday morning we went to the show room and did all the paper work. Then the sales person tells me that actually the discount is 8 K and not 6 K so 2 K will be credited to my account. Again I was pleasently surprised.

There she comes from the basement for us to grab. Did all the PDI as the TBHP specifies and was satisfied. Went back to the showroom and gifted the sales manager and the sales person with a premium pen. They were too happy with this gesture and told me they were surprised. They also told me that this is the first anniversary Vista to come out of their showroom.

Now when I come down TATA started its pranks on me. The bonnet of the care was not opening. It was stuck. All of the people there tried but it didnt budge. I smiled in my inner mind as I had expected something to go wrong. Told them that I will bring the car the next day and they can solve the issue then I took the car and Zoomed off.

Before coming to the showroom itself I had called up sai iyengar and sons in IndiraNagar and fixed an appoinment to change the tyres. I was not at all happy with the tyres on Vista. Went there and changed to 195/60 R14 Michelin XM1+. Got 2100 for each of the old tyre and they charged 4400 for the new ones . Is this a good deal?? . Filled nitrogen and then zoomed off to koramangala where I will do the ICE setup.

Yes I was sure I will change the speakers of my Vista as they were too shoddy for my preference. Went to Auto planet in Koramanagala as I knew them for long time. They are true professionals in this area. Told them what I want. I wanted good clarity in the mid and high frequencies and a good bass to go along with it. He checked the system that comes in the car and told me that it doesnt have a pre amp output. Then we discussed and came to a conclusion. We will use a low pass filter on the signals that go in to the rear speakers and pass it through the amplifier to the sub woofer. We used Mutant components at the front and sansui subwoofer + amplifier .This subwoofer can be easily placed under the front seat and will not obstruct andd take any space. Oh my god when the settings were done I was blown away by the performance of the ICE. It was un beleivable!!!. The clarity was top notch and the bass was adequate. the total cost was 16 K

Also did 3M filming from the same place. costed 2.2 KNow my baby was ready for the road with 195 tyres, 3 M and ICE.

Photos and rest of the incidents to follow. There is much to write . Please forgive me for any problems in thw above writeup as I am a very impatient person and have done this writeup in say 20 minutes.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:45   #20
BANNED

Hearty congratulations! Please bring the car to the meet on Sunday :-)
Old 21st January 2009, 18:20   #21
BHPian

A wonderful buy! Have a great time with the Anni Vista!! and please do write about the experience with the new tyres. Also, are you sure that changing the tyre size wont void the warranty?..
Old 21st January 2009, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate. Nice write up and really glad you got what you wanted!
Few pics please.
Old 21st January 2009, 20:15   #23
BHPian

Congratulations for your new car. Your passion and excitement about the new car can be seen in your write up, keep it up. Give us some nice pictures now.
Old 22nd January 2009, 01:11   #24
BHPian

Hi Baburajs - congrats on your new set of wheels. Post some pics of the interior and ICE as well.

Pls update on the issue of the bonnet - having read through some of the other vista threads - this seems to be a common issue.
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Before coming to the showroom itself I had called up sai iyengar and sons in IndiraNagar and fixed an appoinment to change the tyres. I was not at all happy with the tyres on Vista. Went there and changed to 195/60 R14 Michelin XM1+. Got 2100 for each of the old tyre and they charged 4400 for the new ones . Is this a good deal?? . Filled nitrogen and then zoomed off to koramangala where I will do the ICE setup.
Hi don't want to spoil the party but just wanted to chime in here for the benefit of others i got mine michelins for 3625 per piece and got trade value of 1800 for stock tires and 200 for rims so all in all paid 18300 for 4 alloys and 5 tires in trade off against stock tires. thanks and enjoy....
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:03   #26
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy.Nice choice of rubber there. Post some pictures of your car.drive safe ..enjoy.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:37   #27
BHPian

The bonnet lock has some problem. they have temporarly fixed the problem. Will replace the lock in the first service. I am having the following problems with Vista in the current tiem

- When the steering is at either of the ends meaning if you turn the steering to the maximum there is a distinct hum coming. I heard this is there for all Tata vehicles including Safari . Is it so.

- The back right door is not closing properly. I have to use quite an amount of power to close it. It was identified as a beading problem and will be changed.

will have a new post of the my experiences with Vista. It has already given me some.

Wait for for that!!! ......
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:46   #28
BHPian

i saw one aniversary edition going past me. it was very hot and instantly recognizable. very cool!! i must say.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:14   #29
BHPian

Do any one of you have the steering problem i described. It just disturbs my mind a bit.
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
Do any one of you have the steering problem i described. It just disturbs my mind a bit.
My Car too makes the humming noise zzzzzz sometimes when I am turning the steering especially at idle.

All my doors, bonnet and dickey need to bit hit hard for them to close, almost like tata sumo doors. Unlike my zen doors which close with a light push. Not sure if this by design or a flaw.

Cheers,
Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks