Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 21:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Had a small test drive of the I-20 Asta, as I was thinking of a replacement for the Getz 1.3.
The car is really impressive in looks and equipment. The ride is good also, up there with the Getz which has a super ride. Where I found it disappointing is in acceleration from a standing start, my three -year old Getz is better. This factor alone has pushed me to postpone my purchase for some more time, either till a more powerful engine is provided, or some other competitor comes in from Maruti or Honda.
Honda Jazz is coming in June/July timeframe. It was confirmed by a Honda sales rep here in Delhi. I think Jazz is going to have 90 bhp 1.2 i-vtec. It shud be much better than i20 1.2
Old 13th March 2009, 09:53   #152
BHPian

Another thing points to the mismatch of the engine to the car. Hyundai do not offer an auto transmission option for the I-20, unlike the I-10. I suspect this is due to the fact it would make the car even slower and fuel efficiency figures would also suffer terribly.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:54   #153
BHPian

tejas test drove the car last week, went with him, impressive interior comfort
Old 13th March 2009, 13:00   #154
PSA

Friends, I booked I20 Asta on 10th, epecting delivery in April 3rd week

This is my first post here, thanks everyone for the helpful info on the forum
Old 13th March 2009, 17:52   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Another thing points to the mismatch of the engine to the car. Hyundai do not offer an auto transmission option for the I-20, unlike the I-10. I suspect this is due to the fact it would make the car even slower and fuel efficiency figures would also suffer terribly.
Good observation. In UK and Europe they have the AT version launched with 1.4 engine. FE cannot be any better in 1.4 petrol though...And I don't see 1.4 petrol getting launched in India considering the price points.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:56   #156
Senior - BHPian

This thread is the slowest one in this whole forum I think !! Not a single user-review with photos so far, even after many have already taken delivery in different places. Delivery commitment from dealers itself is different, I heard from Trident Hyundai that they keep 6 weeks to deliver. When will we see a full review with lots of photos here ? The hope has become a dream and the dream has become a faint memory now !!
Old 18th March 2009, 15:05   #157
BHPian

There are two reviews of initial ownerships in this section.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i20-asta.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html
Old 18th March 2009, 19:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thanks for those links !! I never searched here, thinking something would be posted in this thread itself. Atlast we have reports from our members ! Both are fresh threads too. Thanks again!

Last edited by shajufx : 18th March 2009 at 19:34.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the i20 1.2 today. Interestingly Hyundai has sent the Magna Demo Cars to the dealers and not the top end Asta. The car had already done 3400 kms

Whats good:
* Interiors Quality
* The factory stereo sounded decent, much better than the one in Punto
* Smooth Engine and refined engine.
* Supple Ride upto 60 kph(Didnt test the handling or ride at high speeds)
* Nice gearshift

Whats Bad:
* A/C was barely adequate, the one in Punto is a chiller.
* Biggest let down was the engine performance. Its smooth and refined alright but is a gutless performer. There isnt any performance to be had from that engine. I have serious doubts on Hyundai claiming 80 bhp from that engine.
* Steering provides no feedback whatsoever and has elastic effect while coming to straight ahead position. At first I thought alignment was out but no its was the steering!

Overall a nice car but not for me.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Test drove the i20 1.2 today. Interestingly Hyundai has sent the Magna Demo Cars to the dealers and not the top end Asta. The car had already done 3400 kms

Whats good:
* Interiors Quality
* The factory stereo sounded decent, much better than the one in Punto
* Smooth Engine and refined engine.
* Supple Ride upto 60 kph(Didnt test the handling or ride at high speeds)
* Nice gearshift

Whats Bad:
* A/C was barely adequate, the one in Punto is a chiller.
* Biggest let down was the engine performance. Its smooth and refined alright but is a gutless performer. There isnt any performance to be had from that engine. I have serious doubts on Hyundai claiming 80 bhp from that engine.
* Steering provides no feedback whatsoever and has elastic effect while coming to straight ahead position. At first I thought alignment was out but no its was the steering!

Overall a nice car but not for me.
Sorry for going OT on a diesel thread, but had to respond to an OT review. Yeah on paper i20 petrol with 80 Bhp is not on par with Punto, but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance. Infact it is very sluggish despite being a 1.4 ltr engine. MAybe it was due to the car available for test drive, but I felt the i20 petrol was as good in performance as the Punto. If i20 comes in 1.4 ltr manual version, it will leave Punto far behind no doubts on that.

Overall the feeling is Punto Petrol is not having a sporty engine in petrol in line with the sporty looks

Last edited by nurni76 : 22nd July 2009 at 15:13.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:35   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Sorry for going OT on a diesel thread, but had to respond to an OT review. Yeah on paper i20 petrol with 80 Bhp is not on par with Punto, but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance. Infact it is very sluggish despite being a 1.4 ltr engine. MAybe it was due to the car available for test drive, but I felt the i20 petrol was as good in performance as the Punto. If i20 comes in 1.4 ltr manual version, it will leave Punto far behind no doubts on that.
Overall the feeling is Punto Petrol is not having a sporty engine in petrol in line with the sporty looks
I never said anything about power on paper... To me 1.2 Kappa was a big letdown in the i20. It just didnt move!

I havent driven the 1.4 Punto so cant compare or comment but your view in completely opposite to the test drive review posted in another thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1395939

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd July 2009 at 15:45.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
but I felt, having driven both Petrols (Punto 1.4), that Punto is not too far in front in performance.
Not entirely true. Here are 0-100 figures from Whatcar

Punto 1.4 Petrol 16.58 Sec
i20 1.2 Petrol 15.21 Sec

Top Speed
Punto 1.4 144 KpH
i20 1.2 155 KpH

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2009 at 20:38. Reason: Splitting the post
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:17   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post

I test drove the i20 1.2 Petrol Asta and Punto 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack back-to-back a couple of weeks ago. Found not much of a difference in power. The Punto was definitely not that much better - I could hardly tell the difference.

Disclaimer: I have booked the i20.
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:54   #164
BHPian

I'm quite surprised Hyundai launched a 1.4 Petrol with an AT option only. Having said that, I didn't find very encouraging reviews of the European i20 1.4 (MT/AT).
Old 9th August 2009, 14:35   #165
Senior - BHPian

I drove a 1.2 Magna i20 today.

I fell in love with the car. It's ergonomically spot on. The clutch is super, the ride is good on the OE tyres. Whatever people say - I liked the 1.2 engine - smooth silent and a decent performer. It will not perform wheel spins but it's perfect for the city. The handling was quite good too - the ride felt solid too. The interiors are pretty decent and the OE audio is good.

If the CRDi was not there - I would have gone and booked one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks