Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
And yeah, envious that you are at an age that you can ignore VFM
Its not the age. There are other factors too.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:51   #32
BHPian

Congratulations Shyam.

Drive safe and always wear seat belts.

Also you seem to be very happy with the brakes as you mentioned in your first post, where you have written that car comfortably braked even at 100kmph, always remember braking day in and day out is quite different from an braking in an emergency situation.

You have bought a real beast, so just be careful, as at times it becomes difficult to tame such beasts.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

shyam, congratulations for your new beast.Another beast on this forum. Have a safe and happy driving. Looking forward to see few pictures of your new car.
Old 26th February 2009, 10:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations Shyam.

Drive safe and always wear seat belts.

Also you seem to be very happy with the brakes as you mentioned in your first post, where you have written that car comfortably braked even at 100kmph, always remember braking day in and day out is quite different from an braking in an emergency situation.

You have bought a real beast, so just be careful, as at times it becomes difficult to tame such beasts.
Thanks! Actually I compared the brakes to my zen's brakes and found it way more efficient in that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
shyam, congratulations for your new beast.Another beast on this forum. Have a safe and happy driving. Looking forward to see few pictures of your new car.
The internet at my place is conced! (Damn the BSNL) Have already got the pics just need to post them. Sorry all you guys the pics will be coming in shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Congrats on your new rocket.

Does seem that both the car and the driver are eager to take off. Be careful and keep in mind that others around you are not so blessed / competent in their driving abilities.

And yeah, envious that you are at an age that you can ignore VFM
Thanks and Oh yeah! Take off indeed. But will make sure i am safe with the others around me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Congratulations and yeah half hearted from me too.I DONT WANT OBJECTS in the rear view mirror to quickly disappear in the front
Thanks mate! Hoping to disappear right in front of you

New update -> got my ICE fitted up.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:07   #35
BANNED

I test drove a brand new Getz Crdi from superon Hyudnai in gurgoan, the car is awesome but the braakes ary very evry poor. I applied hard brake at 80 and the whole car shockup including the steering. It was scary, my question is even if I get the tyres changed to 195 60 R 14. michelin XM1+, how much would the braking improve, will the still rattle wen sudden brakes are applied.

Note from mod: Do not use FONT/SIZE/COLOR tags. When copy pasting, first paste to notepad(or any other formatting unaware editor) and then post here

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th February 2009 at 16:16.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78 View Post
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff] I test drove a brand new Getz Crdi from superon Hyudnai in gurgoan, the car is awesome but the braakes ary very evry poor. I applied hard brake at 80 and the whole car shockup including the steering. It was scary, my question is even if I get the tyres changed to 195 60 R 14. michelin XM1+, how much would the braking improve, will the still rattle wen sudden brakes are applied.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
That is not only because of the brakes. The whole point here is when you do a sudden braking the car tends to lean forwards due to the weight of the engine. When you upgrade to better tyres the braking is evened out. So the shaking will be lesser. Also the dampers play a big role. Since Getz Crdi has a lot of power when you apply the brake - the braking and the engine are both working at the same time due to this there a loss of balance and the car tends to shake if the dampers are soft. This can be avoided by de-clutching at appropriate times (or engine braking can be used, but the turbo needs to be NOT running for this). After driving the Getz for 800km and the zen for about 50000 km i can say this, all the issues in the getz can be normalized with enough driving experience. I would not recommend Getz to anyone who is new to driving would rather tell them to go in for the Verna with ABS. Cheers.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:39   #37
BHPian

Where the hell are the pics you promised??
Old 27th February 2009, 18:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Three pages without a pic ?!! Come on, show us the monster!
Old 27th February 2009, 20:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Mods : Please delete the thread in case Shyam makes another post without pics
Old 28th February 2009, 14:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Mods : Please delete the thread in case Shyam makes another post without pics
Dont scare me KP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Three pages without a pic ?!! Come on, show us the monster!
Coming up now he! he!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
Where the hell are the pics you promised??
Relax mate it will reveal it self.

Oh! and here is the ICE config:
-> System - Pioneer 7950 UB - Has CD, USB and AUX playback - Ipod integration, Bluetooth ready and also CD changer controls.

-> Speakers - Rear: Polk audio oval - 300W(100W R.M.S)
Front: Sony 4 way 250W with tweeters

-> Amplifier - JBL 600W 4 way output (Rear speaker and sub woofer connected to the Amp)

-> Sub Woofer - JBL 1000W round 12"
(P.S. - All these in the pics as well)

Night pics coming soon
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009032.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009033.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009034.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009035.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009036.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009037.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009038.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009039.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009040.jpg  

My Hyundai Getz Crdi - Dark Grey Metallic. Update: 50,000 kms done-28022009041.jpg  

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 28th February 2009 at 14:55.
Old 28th February 2009, 15:16   #41
BHPian

Finally the snaps come up after all the threatening posts!
Nice car, nice music system ( no doubt cause ive experienced it first hand myself) though I kind of like the original midnight grey more. This is much darker then that. Someone had mentioned on another thread that they want to replace that wooden center console with the one from the petrol getz version. Think it would look better. Do put up snaps of interiors again when you get your seats done.
Maybe an investment on a spoiler is due. That would really add to the looks of the car.
Still pending your comparison between the getz and the verna. Avoid being biased towards your car, else after I TD your car you wont be happy with the review that I put up after that!!
By the way, any idea on that vibration/feedback your getting in 3rd gear at2500 rpm?
And when will you learn to drive with the side mirrors open? Its cause of guys like you cutting lanes without seeing left and right that we guys who drive with our mirrors open have a tough time!!!!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 28th February 2009 at 15:19.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:16   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shyam! That sure is a super fast vehicle! Please get some nice alloy wheels and a good set of tyres which do justice to the car. Have fun and drive safe!
Old 2nd March 2009, 11:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

nice pics shyam, but share some good interiors pics as well, would love to see that centre console with silver finish like 1.3 petrol one has, unlike this fake wood finish. Any rubber upgradation coming with alloys??
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:10   #44
BHPian

Congratulations Dude. Had a test drive of this beast yesterday. This was after TD the i20.I really could'nt wipe the grin off my face when I finally stopped at the dealer. The salesman accompanying us was also floored by the performance (it was his first day and had not sat in a crdi before).
It sure is a great performer. And frankly speaking,I did'nt find the
fake wood console so bad. I mean the matt finish gives it kinda elegant look.
If it would have been shiny then it would have been untolerable. Also,I was wondering if the armrest was available as an accessory. All in all a great car
just a wee bit overpriced.

And oh yeah the i20... naah lets talk about the crdi again shall we.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
nice pics shyam, but share some good interiors pics as well, would love to see that centre console with silver finish like 1.3 petrol one has, unlike this fake wood finish. Any rubber upgradation coming with alloys??
Frankly speaking i don't mind the wood finish center console. But yes would have liked the silver one it self. And for the rubber - its already upgraded - it is a Michelin BF Goodrich, 195/60 R14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Congrats Shyam! That sure is a super fast vehicle! Please get some nice alloy wheels and a good set of tyres which do justice to the car. Have fun and drive safe!
Thnx Nikhil. Tyres already upgraded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Congratulations Dude. Had a test drive of this beast yesterday. This was after TD the i20.I really could'nt wipe the grin off my face when I finally stopped at the dealer. The salesman accompanying us was also floored by the performance (it was his first day and had not sat in a crdi before).
It sure is a great performer. And frankly speaking,I did'nt find the
fake wood console so bad. I mean the matt finish gives it kinda elegant look.
If it would have been shiny then it would have been untolerable. Also,I was wondering if the armrest was available as an accessory. All in all a great car
just a wee bit overpriced.

And oh yeah the i20... naah lets talk about the crdi again shall we.
Thnx Dude. I agree with what you said about the matt finish center console. It kinda matches the beige interiors. So no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Nice car, nice music system.
Thnx.
Quote:
Do put up snaps of interiors again when you get your seats done.
Will do that. As for the time table and the wish list here it is:
1. Lumar 35% sunfilm -> Getting it done tonight
2. GSport seat covers -> Getting it done this week
3. Keyless entry -> Getting it done this week (Please suggest brands)
4. Flooring (similar to pras) -> when i go to chennai
5. Spoilers -> When i have more vita M
6. Alloys -> Same as above

Quote:
Still pending your comparison between the getz and the verna. Avoid being biased towards your car, else after I TD your car you wont be happy with the review that I put up after that!!
Coming up next
Quote:
By the way, any idea on that vibration/feedback your getting in 3rd gear at2500 rpm?
Am yet getting the vibe in the 3rd gear. Will get it checked up this week since i will be done 1500KM tomorrow or day after.
Quote:
And when will you learn to drive with the side mirrors open? Its cause of guys like you cutting lanes without seeing left and right that we guys who drive with our mirrors open have a tough time!!!!
Hmmm. I am comfortable using only the rear view mirror inside the car. It gives me a more secure feeling. And i don't change lanes often. Side view mirrors are needed when you change lanes very often. Knowing pras and his driving I know he changes lanes quiet a lot He! He!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks