Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 16:17   #136

I just finished test driving this car.....whoa! blown away
My 7 yr old Octy is definately headed to the re-sale yard soon

I have one apprehension..what is going to be cost of servicing & spares ?

Imagine if one of the adapative headlights gets cracked ....... It is surely going to cost a lakh or maybe more....
The showroom manager casually dismissed my question saying " these costs are always high with big cars"
Old 19th March 2009, 17:01   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Imagine if one of the adapative headlights gets cracked ....... It is surely going to cost a lakh or maybe more....
The showroom manager casually dismissed my question saying " these costs are always high with big cars"
thats cause hes not paying for it

btw the display car has arrived in mangalore its white colour they have kept it covered in their work shop i wanted to see it so called them and said i was coming over they said ok initially then called back saying manager says not possible u cant see the car the launch is on 23rd till then no one can see it i told them in that case i am not interested so they say ok u can come over and see the car i go there and car is all covered up and hidden at one corner of the work shop they only lift the cover on drivers side of car and let me sit in side i ask them whats all the hush hush for car has already been launched in other cities and people are taking test drives they have no answer
anyway car is really superb except for the rear end like someone said in this thread front looks like a beemer back looks like a cow interior is again superb front seats are comfy back seats although huge and spacious i didnt find them comfy slightly better than the laura feels hard and upright

Note from Mods : Please make sure you use punctuation in order to improve the readability of your posts. Take a look at this thread for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2009 at 10:00. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 20th March 2009, 10:15   #138
BHPian

My friend has got his yesterday, first I assumed it to be a VW Passat (As he gave me a surprise) , but then I saw it closely and saw that it was indeed The Skoda Superb,

Rode it and there is only one word to describe the experience ...Stunning !
Back seat is is also beyond comparison with its segment. Nearest relative to the comfort level is a E- Class or maybe a S-Class.

Packed to the brim with technology and gadgetry , you need to know how to operate the computer before driving this car!
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Does the indian version of the superb has got the park assist?Please confirm after watching this video.Man this is crazy.
YouTube - Skoda Superb Park Assist
I present this video as a response.

On the topic at hand, viddy, you say that the sheer VFM makes up for the atrocious service. Are you really sure about this? Did you think about it after the elation of driving it had passed? I ask only because of the spare prices are bound to be stratospheric. The Laura xenons, which are quite ordinary, cost north of 30K per lamp, without the bulbs (which cost another 20K I believe). The Superb, with it's trick headlamps are going to kill your bank account should your luck run out one day.

And this is before the Skoda A.S.S minefield is considered with respect to the VAG DSG box which is known to be problematic.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:03   #140
Senior - BHPian

The only reason VD wants to buy this car is because it has a lot of gadgets in it. Nothing else matters!
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:08   #141
Team-BHP Support

The VAG DSG box in the superb is different from the problematic 6 speed DSG box. I have been reading up on VW forums and the new dry clutch DSG does not need to be opened up during it's lifetime as per VW owners. It is far more reliable and does not have the issues which were faced with the older unit.

Yes the headlamps are expensive but then which car offers bi-xenons with a full projector setup offering cornering assist, self levelling and beam pattern adjust based on vehicle speed, angle of road, load inside car and rain. You have to pay the premium for the features your getting.

I'm not denying the fact that the car will be a bomb to maintain. If you don't want these features then ofcourse the Superb is not the car for you.

My main concern is not with cost of parts it's with reliability. If the cost is huge but the part does not fail, then it is truly a superb buy.
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:22   #142
Senior - BHPian

Well, good luck with it
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:32   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Well, good luck with it
If I think the risk with the skoda is too much, I may just end up picking up the Corolla Altis. You can't get more reliable than that. lol.

My main concern is with fuel quality as well since it's a direct injection engine. But the Audi A4 3.2FSI and the A6 use a similar FSI engine.

Let's see still not decided.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:46   #144
Team-BHP Support

April's Overdrive issue have printed that the Superb has a 1.8TSI engine which is supercharged and turbocharged. The supercharger is in the 1.4TSI and not the 1.8TSI which has only a turbo. They even have a technical box separately explaining how the belt driven supercharger in the Superb operates in low rpm's and the turbo kicks in after that removing the turbo lag.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:20   #145
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
April's Overdrive issue have printed that the Superb has a 1.8TSI engine which is supercharged and turbocharged.
You aren't serious, are you Vids? If so, God help those who depend on OD as their only source of automotive information.
Old 25th March 2009, 15:09   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You aren't serious, are you Vids? If so, God help those who depend on OD as their only source of automotive information.
Lol. I'm serious no jokes. Forget that, Sirish chandran even said the same thing on TV on the Overdrive show. It was hilarious.

People thing it is similar to the 1.4TFSI engine in the Golf GTi with 170PS.

The skoda sales guy also told the same thing, that the engine has an electric supercharger. I told him to read up the specs and get back to me as it is only turbocharged.
Old 28th March 2009, 15:06   #147
BHPian

Delivery date is 8th april.Can anyone confirm wheter how many key sets will i get with the delivery?and will both the keys will be with the remote?Also the 5 th tyre is it a alloy wheel?
Old 28th March 2009, 17:01   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Delivery date is 8th april.Can anyone confirm wheter how many key sets will i get with the delivery?and will both the keys will be with the remote?Also the 5 th tyre is it a alloy wheel?
Don't know if it will be the same with the superb, but with the Laura i got two sets, the remote is the key itself, and the 5th wheel in my case was not an alloy.
Old 28th March 2009, 17:03   #149
Team-BHP Support

The 5th wheel for the superb is an Alloy.
Old 28th March 2009, 19:20   #150
BHPian

:(
Rosso colour is not available.The dealer is ready to give me a 2.0tdi diesel in silver color.I have to pay him more 3,48,000.Is this advisable?is the 6 speed dsg more reliable than the 7speed petrol dsg?Will I get more mileage with the diesel?I am totally confused.Please help guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks