Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 14:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

1. Do you really get only one master Key and one spare slave key?
Yep,Only one Master key
2. Did you get Extended Warranty and debit note at the time of delivery.
Got Debit Note but Extended Warrantly will be couriered soon by Dealer.
3. Music System warranty comes separate or is included in the FIAT's warranty?
Included with Car Warranty as per the sales guy.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:46   #17
BHPian

Congrats, partner.

I continue to be envious of all thos Linea owners. Wonder why I settled for less and did not wait!
Old 16th March 2009, 14:50   #18
BHPian

@Karthik....Congratulations!!! The Linea is an awesome car- great looker, bucketful of features, built like a tank (warning: I own a Fiat myself), oodles of space, and great VFM. Am sure you will enjoy the ride for a long time to come. Cheerios.
Old 16th March 2009, 14:54   #19
BHPian

Congrats...man the Linea looks good in all the colors, enoy the ride and drive safe.

I agree with you on the plastic, seems like this is an inherent problem with the build quality, but as a friend said, its not the plastics, its the engine, body and suspension which matter .
Old 16th March 2009, 15:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Karthik! The wait even though painful is worth it with Linea.

Enjoy the ride and keep updating the thread.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:16   #21
BHPian

congrats karthik on your new buy!
she looks sweet and has a decent motor as well. enjoy the car and drive safe!!
Old 16th March 2009, 15:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Congrats Karthik on the awesome looking Linea.
Could you please tell more about the parking sensors (and some pics if possible). I am considering having parking sensors for my next ride (an i20 Asta). I saw one set once here in the Car accessories market that had 4 rear sensors and a rearview mirror based warning system. The kit came with a good quality (day and night) rearview mirror that would function as parking distance indicator (visual) when the vehicle is in reverse. I think the dealer quoted me something like 2400 for the system. I wasnt sure of that brand so I didnt go for it at that time.

Anyways congrats again and enjoy your ride.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:53   #23
BHPian

hearty congrats karthik, thats an excellent looking ride. Drive safe.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Could you please tell more about the parking sensors (and some pics if possible). I am considering having parking sensors for my next ride (an i20 Asta). I saw one set once here in the Car accessories market that had 4 rear sensors and a rearview mirror based warning system. The kit came with a good quality (day and night) rearview mirror that would function as parking distance indicator (visual) when the vehicle is in reverse. I think the dealer quoted me something like 2400 for the system. I wasnt sure of that brand so I didnt go for it at that time.

I dont see the need for an elaborate parking assist mechanism for a hatchback unless your car is going to be frequently driven by "L" category people or you have very limited or complicated parking space at your home. Otherwise basic two-sensor setup with audio indicator should be enough.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I installed Xenos 2 Front and 4 Rear Sensors, a rearview mirror based .
Check this URL : Xenos Technologies Ltd.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I dont see the need for an elaborate parking assist mechanism for a hatchback unless your car is going to be frequently driven by "L" category people or you have very limited or complicated parking space at your home.
Well there are two schools of thought on this! I am sure I dont belong to the 'L' category but mistakes (while reversing) can happen with anybody. I subscribe to the "Better Safe than Sorry" school of thought. Cars have many blind spots and one can fall "in the trap" at times. Why take a chance and repent later. Also you have small kids popping up all of a sudden (in colonies etc). You dont want to inadvertantly hit them do you? Its tough to have good view of all the angles at the rear at all times while reversing.

Anyway its also good to have little bit of knowledge about things as well (even if we dont intend to use them.) And what better place than teambhp to acquire that knowledge.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new Linea Karthik. She looks beautiful. Any issues with GC? Heard some reviews wherein they have had problems negotiating speed breakers. Also, any loud sounds especially when the turbo kicks in? Do post a more detailed review once you've done some miles on her.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. That's a stunner of a car. Best wishes for miles of smiles!
Old 16th March 2009, 17:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Very smart looking car Karthik! enjoy the ride
Old 16th March 2009, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Well there are two schools of thought on this! I am sure I dont belong to the 'L' category but mistakes (while reversing) can happen with anybody. I subscribe to the "Better Safe than Sorry" school of thought. Cars have many blind spots and one can fall "in the trap" at times. Why take a chance and repent later. Also you have small kids popping up all of a sudden (in colonies etc). You dont want to inadvertantly hit them do you? Its tough to have good view of all the angles at the rear at all times while reversing.

Anyway its also good to have little bit of knowledge about things as well (even if we dont intend to use them.) And what better place than teambhp to acquire that knowledge.
good thought I agree 100%, I suggest you to go for Camera system parking device, I seen that working, it had Day/Night Camera(got LEDs which lights up if its dark) which they fix in bumper and you have the LCD screen which also doubles up as rear view mirror when not in use. + its cheap total cost something like 5K. it works much better then parking sensors as you clearly can see the rear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks