Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 16:51   #256
BHPian

Re: My New Hyundai i10 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Owners, please can you tell me the top speed you have achieved? I reached upto 130 easily and then she laboured to climb to 140 and stayed there. Tried with OD off as well but no luck.
Easily touched high speeds on Hyderabad-Bangalore highway. I normally keep it consciously about lower three digits 110.

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 17:00. Reason: Removed High speed mentions
Old 18th June 2015, 18:56   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Easily touched high speeds on Hyderabad-Bangalore highway. I normally keep it consciously about lower three digits 110.
Don't cross three figures, not confidence inspiring at all. Hence, very rare. With my Vento AT its a different matter altogether

Good to see this thread revived. Don't get much time, not much on team-bhp these days too. Just done 35k on the ODO. No major problems as such. Same pathetic fuel efficiency. Still sometime to replace her. The Vento too has done a paltry 7.8k. Since i'm the only one who drives now at home, miles don't crunch at all. Especially with my two new best friends Uber & Ola who're doing the needed service efficiently. A boon when you have to go Phoenix Mall, or you suddenly plan to have a drink or two, its so much easier.
Old 18th June 2015, 22:02   #258
BHPian

Trading fuel efficiency for the super convenience of an AT in crazy city traffic is not such a huge compromise at all. Have hit 73K on mine, and while tempted to upgrade, I just got new Michelin XM2s and am thinking of doing another 10K or so... No mechanical issues whatsoever.
Old 24th June 2015, 14:54   #259
BHPian

Hi,

I am about to purchase my first car, which happens to be 2009 I10 auto which has hit 70k on the ODO from a known friend, Please advise me on Do's & Dont's.

Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 15:09   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
Hi,

I am about to purchase my first car, which happens to be 2009 I10 auto which has hit 70k on the ODO from a known friend, Please advise me on Do's & Dont's.

Thanks
Do's:
1. Check whether any major engine or mechanical work is needed/done.
2. Check a/c compressor health.
3. Check if suspension is ok.
4. Check for rust all over especially the cowl & chassis mounts.
(I have gone through the cowl mishap in my Hyundai Accent Viva years ago & its an inherent problem)
5. Get the Auto Transmission also thoroughly checked if its in good health because parts could be expensive to replace. Many people are very impatient while shifting from D to R.
6. Get a tune-up done and detailed servicing to clean fuel injectors & carbon deposits.

Don't:
1. Bother about asking about its F.E.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 15:20   #261
BHPian

Thanks for the Quick response anilkalvani, The car is coming with a one year Hyundai advantage warranty on the Engine and gearbox. i am not worried about the FE as my sole purpose of buying this is for it's ease of use.

Please do share on the general service expenses.
Old 24th June 2015, 15:24   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the Quick response anilkalvani, The car is coming with a one year Hyundai advantage warranty on the Engine and gearbox. i am not worried about the FE as my sole purpose of buying this is for it's ease of use.

Please do share on the general service expenses.
Get the car regularly serviced, even if not through an ASC. Service at a HASC would come to around 4k max including oil change. Check Oil, Air & Fuel filters from time to time. You will be fine. Enjoy the car!
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 11:34   #263
BHPian

Hi,

I need to replace the headlamps for my car, the original MOBIUS parts is costing me around 7.5K plus fitting costs, where as the replica of the same which is made in korea is setting me back by 4.2 including fitting costs, what are your thoughts?
Old 20th October 2015, 12:45   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I need to replace the headlamps for my car, the original MOBIUS parts is costing me around 7.5K plus fitting costs, where as the replica of the same which is made in korea is setting me back by 4.2 including fitting costs, what are your thoughts?
If your car is old, go for after-market fitment. If still in warranty (i had 2+2 years), go for OEM to be safe.

40k down last week. Slowly chugging along.
Old 7th December 2015, 10:39   #265
BHPian

Just got the 2 din stereo system for the car, but its not a snug fit and the dealer claims that you cant get any 2 din stereo system installed without the panel gaps in the dashboard(even the ASS guys to whom i spoke over the phone confirmed the same). tried Pioneer and Sony and both had gaps in the front fascia.

Really disappointed with the outcome.
Old 5th May 2016, 11:36   #266
Senior - BHPian

Two days ago I bought a 2012 i10 auto (Sportz variant) which has done about 21K kms & the biggest impression so far - it has the deadest steering feel of any car I have driver (mainly City, WagonR & Swift Dzire). The only time I feel the steering is connected to the car is when i turn the steering & the car turns too.

Besides that the engine seems punchy. 4 speed AT means, you really have to stomp the pedal hard to get it to downshift for a quick overtake. But still seems like a good AT (though the only other AT i have driven a lot was about 15 years ago). I am beginning to like the comfort of an AT - it's so much less work to do when commuting.
Old 5th May 2016, 12:20   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
it has the deadest steering feel of any car I have driver (mainly City, WagonR & Swift Dzire). The only time I feel the steering is connected to the car is when i turn the steering & the car turns too.
Upsizing generally reduces this dead steering feel. Based on the conditions of your tires and your requirement, you may go for the same.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 13:04   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Upsizing generally reduces this dead steering feel. Based on the conditions of your tires and your requirement, you may go for the same.
Thanks. Tires are in reasonable shape right now but will definitely be up-sizing on next change. OEMs are too skinny anyway.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:04   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I have a question (for i10 Auto users).

How does the O/D button in the gear lever work? Also, What is L2? I do not see any changes it makes - I may be using it wrongly.
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:13   #270
BHPian

Hi,

Read this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...automatic.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Hi, I have a question (for i10 Auto users).

How does the O/D button in the gear lever work? Also, What is L2? I do not see any changes it makes - I may be using it wrongly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks