Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 14:48   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

As a Team-Bhpian and the knowledge you get here and as per recommendations i changed the Engine Oil and Oil filter, the regular one, no special filter used/fitted. They were not keen i change the oil, but i insisted. Vaguely remember a post by GTO where he mentioned slithers from a new engine during run-in and suggested that changing oil at first 1000kms would be good for the overall engine life and efficiency. Thanks GTO!
Did you change the oil / filter during the first service?
Old 10th September 2009, 14:56   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Did you change the oil / filter during the first service?
No. when i was not here, mom got a call home that the car is due for 1st free service (Mid June). Since i was not around, they advised Mom that they could pick up and drop the car. So without asking me, Mom asked Dad and he said sure, if they're picking it up, good. So the Oil change was not done then. Anyways that time there were only 500 odd kms on the ODO. I had decided to change oil when 1000kms are done and i did it yesterday.
Old 4th October 2009, 15:38   #228
BHPian

Hi anil, Does your car or may be i10 automatics in general have a slight jerk when auto gear shifts takes place at different speeds ?
Old 4th October 2009, 16:28   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Hi anil, Does your car or may be i10 automatics in general have a slight jerk when auto gear shifts takes place at different speeds ?
Yes there is a slight jerk when the gear changes but its smooth. The i10's gear shift is slower than the ANHC AT which i drove recently & takes a longer time to downshift.
Old 4th October 2009, 19:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes there is a slight jerk when the gear changes but its smooth. The i10's gear shift is slower than the ANHC AT which i drove recently & takes a longer time to downshift.
I must say shifting in an i10 A/T is real smooth. The car I drove in US literally shuddered sometime while downshifting (hunting for the correct gear??). i10 is so much more smooth, and only a VERY minor jerk tells you that you have switched gears.
Old 4th October 2009, 21:49   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Owners, please can you tell me the top speed you have achieved? I reached upto 130 easily and then she laboured to climb to 140 and stayed there. Tried with OD off as well but no luck.
Old 4th October 2009, 22:00   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Owners, please can you tell me the top speed you have achieved? I reached upto 130 easily and then she laboured to climb to 140 and stayed there. Tried with OD off as well but no luck.
125 easily. Ran out of road after that.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:16   #233
BHPian

Quote:
145 Km/hr and this was when the odo was at about ~850 Kms. I did not feel comfortable to go beyond that on cement. It had some steam left and now with the 3K mark approaching I am sure it will have that little extra steam. I would try about 155 km/hr but need a nice stretch of bitumen for that.

Any suggestions buddies?
Old 5th October 2009, 13:44   #234
BHPian

Quote:
I must say shifting in an i10 A/T is real smooth. The car I drove in US literally shuddered sometime while downshifting (hunting for the correct gear??). i10 is so much more smooth, and only a VERY minor jerk tells you that you have switched gears.
Yes it is smooth, but i found the ANHC AT to be good too. Sad that i did not get the opportunity to test the paddle shifts.

Quote:
Hi Tejas, great that you touched 140, how much F.E. are you getting out of your car now? Has it improved?

Quote:
I think most of you guys have 14" rims right? I have R13's with 175/70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
145 Km/hr and this was when the odo was at about ~850 Kms. I did not feel comfortable to go beyond that on cement. It had some steam left and now with the 3K mark approaching I am sure it will have that little extra steam. I would try about 155 km/hr but need a nice stretch of bitumen for that.

Any suggestions buddies?
The road from Bhiwandi towards Thane, there is a straight stretch of tarmac there where you could try your luck. I havn't still got the chance to take her on a long drive, invariably Dad says lets take the Logan as its more comfortable on longer drives.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:12   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tejas, great that you touched 140, how much F.E. are you getting out of your car now? Has it improved?
The bandra worli sea link is now a good place to test car high speeds early in the morning.
FE is still a disaster though hovering at 6.5 - 7. Finally crossed 1000kms on the odo and the car is going for service on the 9th. Let's see after that if FE improves.

EDIT: We have three - four AT owners in bombay... let's have a mini meet!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 5th October 2009 at 15:14. Reason: see edit
Old 5th October 2009, 15:28   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bandra worli sea link is now a good place to test car high speeds early in the morning.
FE is still a disaster though hovering at 6.5 - 7. Finally crossed 1000kms on the odo and the car is going for service on the 9th. Let's see after that if FE improves.

You are killing the car jesal - it shall die of sadness on not being driven!
1000 kms now after how many months?
Old 5th October 2009, 17:14   #237
BHPian

Quote:

Its mainly due to the short driving distances, nothing else so you don't have to get worried. Are you changing your engine oil & filter? Yes, lets meet, PM the rest.

Quote:
You are killing the car jesal - it shall die of sadness on not being driven!
1000 kms now after how many months?
Bro, it Tejas, not Jesal. I'm marginally better than Tejas at 1,200kms on the ODO , Bought the car on 18th April, 2009.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:28   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bro, it Tejas, not Jesal. I'm marginally better than Tejas at 1,200kms on the ODO , Bought the car on 18th April, 2009.

Sorry, I stand corrected - my apologies to both the intended and mentioned person.
On a lighter note, I should confiscate all of your cars for driving them so sparingly! 6 months and 1200 kms is injustice I did almost the same distance in a months time!
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:52   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Updated: 140 kmph today while coming to office, and the car still had room for more! (just on an empty stretch of road - no road races here)

Last edited by blackasta : 23rd October 2009 at 10:54.
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:58   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Updated: 140 kmph today while coming to office, and the car still had room for more! (just on an empty stretch of road - no road races here)
140 is awesome dude. How was the overall stability and steering feedback at those speeds? And thank God, please don't try road races, not advisable, not worth it. Whats the mileage you're getting now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks