Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:55   #196
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
anilkalvani, is under chassis coating necessary for i10 . One of my friends suggested to have this done from the dealer.
I am sure you would know somebody who would be having a 3 to 4 year old Santro (or older). Ask him whether he has had underbody coating. If you have 2 people, one with and one without, check the respective cars' underbody. If you find even 5% difference, go in for the coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
I don't know if it is necessary. Will ask my dealer when i give my car for the first service.
You are going to aks the dealer whether something is necessary to do, which would give him a healthy profit. You can imagine his answer.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:43   #197
sdh
BHPian

I understand that the car already comes with anti rust coating. At least that is what I was told by sales guy for my Asta.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:41   #198
BHPian

Hi anilkalvani,

Could you post a pic of the Fog Lamp switch. I am planning to get a pair of Fog Lamps done for my i10. I am worried about the switch option. Don't want it to look like bad on the console.

Regards,
Alex
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:54   #199
BHPian

Congrats for the new i10 auto.

@ AKi10.
Me too looking for fog lamps in my i10.
Do let me know how much it cost you and about the switch and wiring too...
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
I understand that the car already comes with anti rust coating. At least that is what I was told by sales guy for my Asta.
Ask a few owners if it already comes with anti-rust coating. In fact better you befriend a ASC Mechanic who will tell you the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKi10 View Post
Hi anilkalvani,

Could you post a pic of the Fog Lamp switch. I am planning to get a pair of Fog Lamps done for my i10. I am worried about the switch option. Don't want it to look like bad on the console.

Regards,
Alex
Sure Alex, i will post it in a day or two, not been driving the car much as i drive the diesel to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
Congrats for the new i10 auto.

@ AKi10.
Me too looking for fog lamps in my i10.
Do let me know how much it cost you and about the switch and wiring too...
I don't exactly remember but i think it was 900-950 bucks including installation and wiring. Still will confirm and get back. Also you could install Bosch Twin horns costing 900 since the front bumper will be dismantled anyways for the fog lamp installation. The Puny OEM horn is no good.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:10   #201
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the under chassis comes with anti rust coating by default, I got this on my santro . I wasnt sure if they have done it so took it to a service center and went below the car to see it for myself, its a thick tar sort of thing which prevents rusting.
It is not necessary to have this Or for that matter anything other than insurance , get it done if you want to increase the longevity of your car parts.
Old 4th June 2009, 09:36   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKi10 View Post
Hi anilkalvani,

Regards,
Alex
Clicked a pic of the Switch for the Fog Lamps for you.

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-switch-fog-lamp.jpg
Old 5th June 2009, 22:24   #203
BHPian

@anil:
I like the switch placement in your i10.My mechanic simply told a dummy switch cant be installed in an i10! Anyway i went for OEM fog lamps.By the way whats the wattage of the fog lamp bulb that you have fitted ? OEM says 27 w.
Old 5th June 2009, 23:26   #204
BHPian

@Kums how much it cost you for original fog lamps.
Old 6th June 2009, 08:52   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post
@anil:
I like the switch placement in your i10.My mechanic simply told a dummy switch cant be installed in an i10! Anyway i went for OEM fog lamps.By the way whats the wattage of the fog lamp bulb that you have fitted ? OEM says 27 w.
Yes its the same as the OEM specified i.e. 27W. Seriously speaking, i have never got a chance to use Fog Lamps ever in a city like Bombay where weather is usually tropic. How much was the damage for the OEM's?
Old 9th June 2009, 12:19   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
@Kums how much it cost you for original fog lamps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Yes its the same as the OEM specified i.e. 27W. Seriously speaking, i have never got a chance to use Fog Lamps ever in a city like Bombay where weather is usually tropic. How much was the damage for the OEM's?
I paid 3000 bucks and got it done from Hyundai itself.But HMP charges 5700 ,as i was told OEM is a premium when compared to aftermarkets but convinced of the the quality of OEMs.Brands available outside are OCN,NEOLITE,etc.But they look cheap so went ahead for OEMs.The switch provided with OEM is good .Its semicircular with a green indicator light to show if the light is switched on.But yes,everything comes at a price.

Its useful at dawn/dusk for better visibility on highways.Also combined with high beam it adds up some visibilty to nearer areas.

@anil :
Pls give me suggestion.
Can a 2 way switch (for two sets of horns) be placed in the same area in the dash where you have placed your fog lamp's switch? Currently, i have it fixed it with a bracket and it's held by screws in the gear console.The switch i use is bigger than yours,i think.Another mechanic told that the black area in dash cant be cut for the switch! So i went for this set-up.But i want the switch in the dash for easy reach. I attach a pic of my set up here -
Attached Thumbnails
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00176.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 17:48   #207
BHPian

Hey guys got new one few days back , i was able to click only few from my iphone , will update the pics and review later.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-picture-006_no-num.jpg  

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-picture-007.jpg  

Old 10th June 2009, 13:29   #208
BHPian

Automatic Transmission

What are the other models which are available in auto transmission in India?
Old 11th June 2009, 16:43   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post
@anil :
Pls give me suggestion.
Can a 2 way switch (for two sets of horns) be placed in the same area in the dash where you have placed your fog lamp's switch? Currently, i have it fixed it with a bracket and it's held by screws in the gear console.The switch i use is bigger than yours,i think.Another mechanic told that the black area in dash cant be cut for the switch! So i went for this set-up.But i want the switch in the dash for easy reach. I attach a pic of my set up here -
I reckon you could, it all depends our your fitter's skill/ideas/suggestions. The fitter i have got for all my cars till now is an expert at after market fittings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Hey guys got new one few days back , i was able to click only few from my iphone , will update the pics and review later.
great, waiting for your feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.m View Post
Sadly none under 10 lacs. If the Wagon R with its 3 speed gearbox counts as one.

Cars listed <= Rs. 10 lacs as below:
1. Hyundai i10 1.2L 4-speed AT 80bhp - 4.5L onwards
2. Wagon R 1.1L 3-speed AT 63bhp - 4.5L onwards
3. Honda City S 1.5L 5-speed AT - 10.5L
4. Hyundai Verna 1.5CRDi SX 4-speed AT - 10L

Last edited by anilkalvani : 11th June 2009 at 16:44. Reason: typos
Old 11th June 2009, 19:02   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.m View Post
Within i10 u have
i10 Magna - 4.83
i10 Sportz - 5.09
i10 Asta - 5.88
All OTR kolkata

Other than these , what anil mentioned above

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks