Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 10:07   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Congrats on your puchase. What is the cost of the HU and speakers? I personally think double din system will match perfectly with the dash of i10. How do you find the performance of your ice?
Well i was thinking of a double din but i thought of the utility space i'd get under the HU to keep my cellphone, iPod etc. 6k's for the HU, 1.9k's per pair for the 6 inchers, wiring, installation extra. Performance is much better with the damping rings (extra for that too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
It looks this bad in the bright sun. Pic taken today morning. See the clarity in the rear view mirror. Front side should be that clear too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thats too dark for front + reflection is doing no good.

How do you find it at night where there are no streetlights ?
I saw that there is a very very slight reflection in my car, specially as i looked hard because you mentioned sdh, but its not obtrusive like yours. But now i am sure i will not go for the front winscreen film. That reflection is way too bad dude. It is possible that the reflection may be intensified with the sunfilm and maybe the angle. Maybe some expert on this could shed some light?

Last edited by anilkalvani : 8th May 2009 at 10:16. Reason: typos
Old 8th May 2009, 10:45   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
It is possible that the reflection may be intensified with the sunfilm and maybe the angle.
NO NO NO! There is no relation between the sunfilm and reflection. How is that possible? NO!
I spoke to my father regarding this and he has faced this similar problem and we still haven't installed the front film. Once the car is back from the workshop, i will check it out myself.

In fact, a lot of other members including flyingspur, etc have reported this glare problem as well and none of them have the front film installed.
Old 8th May 2009, 12:29   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Reflection of the vents below the wind shield and the curved part above spedo is clearly visible. In photo it is not looking as bad as it really is.
Guess this is a problem with all the i10. The reflection of the dash onto the windscreen is extremely distracting and irritating. Especially, the reflection of the part just above the steering.

More than that, the reflection of the silver rings surronding the right and left AC vents onto the side rear view mirrors made me stop looking into the mirrors Guess it is because of the darker tint I have used.

Speaking about the mileage, I never knew i10 could take in as much as 38 litres That was my last re-fill and trip read 380. There has been a reduction in the mileage and that I guess is because of the excess revving nowdays.

Quote:
Finally did the Accessorising yesterday being my weekly holiday.

See the USB Slot & Aux-in

More later....
did you check if the USB detects the 3rd Gen IPod Nano (the slimmest one) ? My kenwood 5039U detects it nethier as an USB device nor as a ipod

How much did you pay for the fog lamps ? What brand is it ?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2009 at 12:48. Reason: back to back posts
Old 8th May 2009, 18:55   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
NO NO NO! There is no relation between the sunfilm and reflection. How is that possible? NO!
I will check it in detail for a few days, till now seriously it has not bothered me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyoyster View Post
Speaking about the mileage, I never knew i10 could take in as much as 38 litres That was my last re-fill and trip read 380. There has been a reduction in the mileage and that I guess is because of the excess revving nowdays.

did you check if the USB detects the 3rd Gen IPod Nano (the slimmest one) ? My kenwood 5039U detects it nethier as an USB device nor as a ipod

How much did you pay for the fog lamps ? What brand is it ?
Mileage i checked today and i have got 7.5kmpl this time.

Not checked the 3rd gen Nano as it is used by wifey and have not been able to get a hand on it. Will check it, i got the full range, Nano 3rd Gen, Classic 120GB & the Touch 32GB.

Fog lamps are i10 originals, 900 bucks with installation.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 8th May 2009 at 18:58.
Old 8th May 2009, 19:34   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact, a lot of other members including flyingspur, etc have reported this glare problem as well and none of them have the front film installed.
Yeah I confirm that. No front film. I don't think a relation can be found between the two.
Old 8th May 2009, 20:16   #171

Quote:
I will check it in detail for a few days, till now seriously it has not bothered me dude.

Mileage i checked today and i have got 7.5kmpl this time.

Not checked the 3rd gen Nano as it is used by wifey and have not been able to get a hand on it. Will check it, i got the full range, Nano 3rd Gen, Classic 120GB & the Touch 32GB.

Fog lamps are i10 originals, 900 bucks with installation.
Only 900 ???? I guess HMP quoted me around 3K for the fogs. Not very sure though. Anyways, giving my car for the first service on Sunday. So will check it by then. What switch did u get for the fogs? Is it the semi-circled one or the normal on/off switch we use normally in household switch boards ?
Old 9th May 2009, 10:11   #172
BHPian

@flying spur
I checked this morning too dude but its not that bad as its being made out to be bro.

@greyoyster
got it from grey market.

Finally got Seat Covers for my car. The thing is a guy, which was suggested by extended family, comes home and fits the seat covers in your premises. i was not there at home and Mom overlooked the whole thing. Since i have really not had much time and was going to leave it for next Wednesday, i got to know of this guy by chance. The colour i chose was black because the car is white, alloys have black and silver, and it was looking good. Here are some pics clicked from my Blackberry. I will post more clearer pics in a couple of days.

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00114200905082034.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00117200905090740.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00118200905090740.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00119200905090740.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00120200905090740.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00121200905090740.jpg

Don't like that i10 emboss though.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:24   #173
Senior - BHPian

Have been following your thread and the other i10 threads since I too am planning to buy a small hatch. The car looks wonderful. Many may say that for this price the auto box is is excellent vfm etc. However I feel that the mileage figures posted by most for the i10 automatic is pathetic. IMHO 10kpl is a reasonable figure for the autobox in mumbai city traffic. I do not see value in any figure lower than that for a small hatch. 7.5kpl isgood for a honda civic but not for i10.
I feel Hyundai should work on improving the Kappa engine's economy.
I saw the SRK ad about how more power does not mean less mileage. BUt reality seems otherwise.
Overall the car is good. I like it. Will I buy it. I would love to buy the autobox but hate the mileage figures. Seems to me like a pricey offering by Hyundai.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 9th May 2009 at 12:25.
Old 9th May 2009, 12:39   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a call from Hyundai regarding my car's FE yesterday in the evening:
"Sir, we have tuned your car now and with exact measurements on road test drive conditions have achieved an average of 9kmpl."
So i asked him how much was the average before tuning. He said that we didn't check that. So i guess my figures synced with theirs but they did not want to admit it. Anyways, car should be back after dent work this evening or monday and then i will again to my own FE check and revert back here.
Old 10th May 2009, 11:37   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I got a call from Hyundai regarding my car's FE yesterday in the evening:
"Sir, we have tuned your car now and with exact measurements on road test drive conditions have achieved an average of 9kmpl."
So i asked him how much was the average before tuning. He said that we didn't check that. So i guess my figures synced with theirs but they did not want to admit it. Anyways, car should be back after dent work this evening or monday and then i will again to my own FE check and revert back here.
You need to test it yourself before believing them. Keep updating dude.

I have begun to get more and more addicted to the automatic so much that when i drive the Logan to work i don't change the gear many times. Plus the clutch seems so cumbersome and more so being a diesel. The car has been pretty good till now and appreciate the convenience immensely. With the change in tyres cornering which was noticably feeling jittery on stocks has vastly improved. Tyres though a bit soft are very comfortable.

When are you getting back flying spur aka akshay? meet anytime soon???

Will click clearer pics from a Digicam and not from the BB and will post some. The tints have transformed the look of the car.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:50   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When are you getting back flying spur aka akshay? meet anytime soon??
Hey you guys should go ahead and have a meet. I won't be back until May 29. Nice seat covers, although personally I like the i10 emboss. To each his own!
Old 14th May 2009, 10:46   #177
BHPian

Clicked some pics after the accessorising. But again from the BB, clearer pics though. Man its a hoot to drive.

@flyingspur aka akshay
you in boston eh? cool, folks there?

@ tejas
what updates man, any changes in FE? How was the paint finish, upto the mark?

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00130200905131135.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00131200905131135.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00132200905131136.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00133200905131136.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-img00134200905131326.jpg
Old 14th May 2009, 12:06   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Anil,
Jaybharat Hyundai is majorly screwing around. They are doing a Skoda on me (albeit not as bad). I have written a flurry of email communications and ruffled a lot of feathers. I have given them 3 days to respond to me before i put up everything on team bhp. Sent them the skoda link as well. So waiting for their response. If not adequate, i will spill the beans on monday.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:01   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Anil,
Jaybharat Hyundai is majorly screwing around. They are doing a Skoda on me (albeit not as bad). I have written a flurry of email communications and ruffled a lot of feathers. I have given them 3 days to respond to me before i put up everything on team bhp. Sent them the skoda link as well. So waiting for their response. If not adequate, i will spill the beans on monday.
keep posting. PM me ur issues bro, is it that scary?
Old 14th May 2009, 19:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@flyingspur
you in boston eh? cool, folks there?
Yeah. Well folks everywhere actually. It's one big folk-visiting trip, except for one big road trip I made from Atlanta to NYC and back.

Sorry for going OT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks