Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 09:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Congrats on your i10 AT, post your experiences with your new car, there are quite a few members now on the forum who are enjoying it.
yup thanks, i will do so soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
fantastic, a good looking car with upscale interiors and a dream to drive in the city what with an Auto box. I got to tell you i suggested the same car for my father to get!! Hope you got her in red, or white.
thanks redeff, seriously the fit and finish is top notch. You come to know from the quality of the dash & glove box opening, no gaps. I feel that as this car is exported they maintain the same quality for local & export +/- features as usual. Yup i got her in White! She's butter smooth to ride & i feel i made a good purchase by buying a segment lower, i never used the boot in the Viva, Always used the Indigo (now sold) & Logan(since 10 months) for the 2-3 airport trips a year! Tell me which other 4 speed auto tranny can you get under 10 lakhs? I have kept my Viva outside my building now, the i10 & Logan are inside!
Old 19th April 2009, 09:12   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Got it... finally!!!
hey i booked mine from jaybharat !! and am getting it in 10 days + 30K discount.... car has come to their godown , just need to give them the final payment.

i got a auto sportz model

But had booked my car wid sharayu first on 2nd april, but cancelled it as he was not offering discounts more than 10K ( initally had agreed for 27.5K).

will update more on delivery... cheerz
Old 19th April 2009, 10:44   #18
BHPian

Here are the pictures, will write some more today

The Instrument Cluster
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00882.jpg

The ODO showing 37kms
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00883.jpg

The Auto Transmission
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00884.jpg

The Centre console
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00885.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00886.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00887.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00888.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00889.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00890.jpg

Thankfully Tyres are Bridgestone which will fetch me higher buyback during upsizing
My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00891.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-clutch-foot-rest.jpg

**MODS: CAN YOU ADD IN THE MAIN THREAD TITLE (PICS ON PAGE 2)**
Thanks

Last edited by anilkalvani : 19th April 2009 at 10:51.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2009, 15:16   #19
BHPian

I like!!! Ps. What with the Logan and I10 in it , your garage screams practicality. The logan is perfect for the weekened get away or the trip with suitcases to the Airport and the I 10 is perfect for the city commute! Man , and all this for the price of an ANHC. Sweet deal!!
Old 19th April 2009, 15:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car anil. the auto i10 is the perfect city car. The magna auto is news for me. I thought the auto came in only the sportz and 6the asta variants. Also, i think the dead pedal is a recent addition, the car ii td did not have it. Does the manual version have it too?
Old 19th April 2009, 15:34   #21
BHPian

@redeff
Yup practicality is what had been imbibed into us through generations, the Viva was a mistake on our part (read "MY" part) as we did not use the car as much as i have mentioned earlier. The Logan diesel is driven to factory by me (I leave home at 6.45am back at 8.30pm), averages 15-16kmph regularly in horrendous traffic & 20-24kmph on the highway depending on my driving. My sisters live in the US & mom goes there once a year. I precisely use the humungous 500 litre boot for these airport trips. Other than that the boot is opened by the shopping mall & movie theatre security personnel. I know that the i10 wont give me more than 6-7, i don't even care as it is an extremely practical car. Frankly we thought long and hard about the ANHC/Altis (only considered it) but all it would do for us is "A nice car to park in the building", thats it!
Old 19th April 2009, 16:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Rulez View Post
hey i booked mine from jaybharat !! and am getting it in 10 days + 30K discount.... car has come to their godown , just need to give them the final payment.

i got a auto sportz model

But had booked my car wid sharayu first on 2nd april, but cancelled it as he was not offering discounts more than 10K ( initally had agreed for 27.5K).

will update more on delivery... cheerz
Cool, what colour have you booked. You have got a sweet deal dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on the new car anil. the auto i10 is the perfect city car. The magna auto is news for me. I thought the auto came in only the sportz and 6the asta variants. Also, i think the dead pedal is a recent addition, the car ii td did not have it. Does the manual version have it too?
I don't know if the manual version has it as the sales people there too were clueless about the footrest, ill informed i may say. With the knowledge you get on t-bhp, i better advise them to hone their skills by logging on to Team BHP.
Old 19th April 2009, 17:24   #23
BHPian

We more or less had practicality on our mind too till i got a renegade thought that resulted in a revolution of a sort at home. All hail the German bandwagon! However congrts my friend, as much as i like the I 10 in red, it's a beauty in white too!!
Old 19th April 2009, 18:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
We more or less had practicality on our mind too till i got a renegade thought that resulted in a revolution of a sort at home. All hail the German bandwagon! However congrts my friend, as much as i like the I 10 in red, it's a beauty in white too!!
Well, I would have loved to buy a bigger car but reality sinks in here in Mumbai with potholes, bad road manners, terrible traffic and lack of ethics and civility. if I see a scratch on a car I've spent a lot, my blood would boil. Just waiting at a signal a rick scraped an inch of my Logans rear bumper. Imagine I was just standing at the signal, which was beyond my control to avoid. Hence common sense and practicality prevails in the family.
---
Sent from my BB....
Old 20th April 2009, 10:01   #25
BHPian

New experience with two near misses

Okay now to continue with my story…

I went to the showroom on 18th April i.e. Saturday without calling at 6pm exactly. The car had not come as yet. At 6.40pm to be precise I see the car coming from a distance, the heart saying…. Finally!!! After a thorough visual inspection as it was fading pretty soon, I took out my t-bhp checklist & got down to inspecting the car. The folks at the showroom were pretty darned impressed. No paperwork was possible as everybody had left the showroom but I got the delivery of the car without "delivery note" but with a insurance cover note & invoice copy that I had. As the car came late, no Free Accessories were fitted at that time & will be fitted Tuesday or Wednesday by the dealer. Told the driver to take her down the ramp as I was not confident about handling the Auto box. Took a 5 minute lesson from him on what gear to use, driving tip.

Then on my way back home which is around 13-14kms in peak hour traffic. Had a near miss twice, really bad ones too, see as I’ve driven a manual for near 16-18 years now (got my drivers license in 1993) your instincts are to upshift by depressing the clutch. As the brake pedal is pretty wide in an automatic car, I kept on banging the brakes. As automatics are, the brakes are powerful which led me to brake suddenly. There was a NHC behind me at the Leela junction when I was taking a left turn. Thinking i’ll ‘slot’ it in 2nd gear, instinctively I slammed the brakes hard instead. The car just missed banging my rear by a whisker. Anyways drove very cautiously after that, picked up Mom and Wifey and went for a shot drive. Again did the same but this time there was thankfully no car behind me but got the people sitting behind a bit ruffled. After that I was smooth sailing though.

The driving experience has been really good till now and I would recommend an auto box to all, but be cautious initially. The car screams for new footwear though and will be done by me on Wednesday.

Overall I feel its been a good buy…. Till now….

Last edited by anilkalvani : 20th April 2009 at 10:04. Reason: typos
Old 20th April 2009, 14:14   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The best automatic city car one can buy today! I am a huge fan of the auto-i10. Congratulations & drive safe.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Great car, AnilK! How does the i10 Auto compare with the Santro Auto? Are they still manufacturing the latter?
Old 20th April 2009, 15:09   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great car, AnilK! How does the i10 Auto compare with the Santro Auto? Are they still manufacturing the latter?
Exactly my question. AFAIK, Santro auto is not manafactured anymore. Would love to know the difference though.

Congrats Anil, I have the same car, same color albeit it's a manual
Old 20th April 2009, 15:16   #29
BHPian

I think, they have stopped manufacturing the Santro-Auto.

@ Anil- Congrats!...the photos look cool!
Old 20th April 2009, 15:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Exactly my question. AFAIK, Santro auto is not manafactured anymore. Would love to know the difference though.

Congrats Anil, I have the same car, same color albeit it's a manual
AFAIK, i10 uses the same gear box as Santro Auto. Hence, there should not be much of difference at least from the gear box perspective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks