Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 23:20   #1576
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
It will make a huge difference. I recently got the same even for my Alto which does not see trips bigger than 3km and 15 minutes.
Great!!
So I will call the SVC up and order a day/night one.
Hopefully the Swift's or the refreshed Ritz's IRVM should fit in
Old 10th April 2017, 23:27   #1577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Hopefully the Swift's or the refreshed Ritz's IRVM should fit in
Very much possible. It costs about 500 rupees.

Ritz ZXi facelift's D/N mirror

Part Number: 84780M83K10-6GS/84780M83K11-6GS
Part Name: MIRROR COMP INSIDE REAR VIEW
Price: Rs.502/505

Swift/Dzire ZXi D/N mirror

Part No: 84703M75J12-6GS
Name: IRVM DZIRE (OLD)
Price: Rs. 511

Part No: 84703M75J12-V6N
Name: MIRROR ASSY INSIDE REAR VIEW
Price: Rs. 489

Last edited by Leoshashi : 10th April 2017 at 23:35.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 07:30   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also wanted to know how much of a difference will a Day/Night ORVM(the one that comes with a flip switch) will make during night driving. I have a regular IRVM glass which came with my Ritz VXi Genus. The day/Night IRVM costs around 500 rupees and I am thinking to get my IRVM replaced as well.
My solution - sun film in rear glass alone. The sun film ban came when i had my ritz, and i removed all but rear glass sunfilm. It worked beautifully.

Cheap sunfilm costs around Rs 300 for rear glass.
Risk - against the law and police can fine you.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 08:48   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Price: Rs.502/505.
Thank you for the part number, will call up and order

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
My solution - sun film in rear glass alone. The sun film ban came when i had my ritz, and i removed all but rear glass sunfilm. It worked beautifully.

Cheap sunfilm costs around Rs 300 for rear glass.
Risk - against the law and police can fine you.
Will explore this option, will it not hamper the visibility, I don't have any parking sensors installed and depend heavily on the rear glass view in my IRVM while reversing.

Noticed yesterday that a couple of scratches on the front windshield are also major contributors to the oncoming glare, any option available to weed them out
Old 11th April 2017, 10:15   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will explore this option, will it not hamper the visibility, I don't have any parking sensors installed and depend heavily on the rear glass view in my IRVM while reversing.
It can hamper night time reversing visibility depending on the shade you choose, darker shade film means less visibility.

I believe I had some 50% transparent film and with that I was able to reverse except in situations where I am reversing against oncoming traffic.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 10:47   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, yesterday around noon my SA calls me and tells that the vehicle would be ready by 4pm and the bill would be close to 9K as Parag told me

I took her for a spin yesterday and Boy the car literally flies. The clutch is so smooth and it feels like driving a petrol engine
Quote:
Even i got the clutch plates changed for my car recently at 60k kms and along with the service the bill came to ~ 12k(including engine oil change, brake liner replacement and spark plugs).
The driving experience has totally changed after the clutch replacement.However once in a while in heavy traffic, when launching from 1st gear with AC On i get some vibrations. It doesn't happen regularly but I am still thinking of going back to the service centre and getting it looked into.Problem would be to replicate the scenario
I took the car to the service centre(MARS ENterprises, Sanjay Nagar. Highly recommended!!) and on a short test drive , was able to replicate the scenario. They did some clutch adjustment and carried out a throttle body cleaning which fixed the vibration issue. Talking about Throttle body cleaning, i had never got it done earlier in 62000 kms
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is it a Diesel?

What was the total cost for clutch work alone?
Quote:
Its a Petrol

Clutch work alone was around 6.5k including labor.
I will fish for the invoice and upload later.
Here is the invoice copy, finally
Cover Assembly: 651/-
Disc Clutch: 940/-
Flywheel: 1074/-
Input shaft bearing: 117/-
Clutch release bearing: 507/-

Labour:
Gear box remove & refix: 1300/-
Clutch Overhauled:300/-
Flywheel replaced:100/-

Comes to roughly around 5k + taxes which i feel is quiet reasonable.
Only grouse is, I should have got it done way earlier.The pressure bearings were gone since the car was at 20k on the odo which had made the clutch really hard.However, there was no issue with the Vehicle performance other than that.
It is only now when i had to face the B2B traffic on the way to my new office that i just could not bear it anymore and got the entire set replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-clutch-plate-service-1.jpg  

Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-clutch-plate-service-2.jpg  

Last edited by InControl : 13th April 2017 at 10:49. Reason: added the name of the Service Centre
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 17:24   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Price: Rs.502/505

Swift/Dzire ZXi D/N mirror

Part No: 84703M75J12-6GS
Name: IRVM DZIRE (OLD)
Price: Rs. 511

Part No: 84703M75J12-V6N
Name: MIRROR ASSY INSIDE REAR VIEW
Price: Rs. 489
The Swift/Dzire ZXi D/N mirror did not fit as the bolt clamps were different
The Ritz one's were not in stock, have ordered for one, lets see
Old 5th May 2017, 17:34   #1583
BHPian

Can anyone advise if replacing the timing chain on the DDIS engine is required during 100K service? If not, when does it need to be replaced? I am planning to sell the car soon so not keen on doing a lot of unnecessary maintenance.
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:36   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
The Swift/Dzire ZXi D/N mirror did not fit as the bolt clamps were different
The Ritz one's were not in stock, have ordered for one, lets see
Had to chase Bimal Whitefield for it, but after three visits and innumerable follow ups on call, they sent across a Mobile Service Van to my home at 7 in the morning today to fit the D/N Mirror. Cost of the mirror : Rs 505/-, No labor was charged
Considerable improvement in Night Driving, i feel like I am watching the happenings on a Dark Movie Screen
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review-day-night-mirror.jpg  

InControl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 16:40   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
I took the car to the service centre(MARS ENterprises, Sanjay Nagar. Highly recommended!!)

Here is the invoice copy, finally....

Comes to roughly around 5k + taxes which i feel is quiet reasonable.
I had a look at the bill and I see:

Caliper Pin Greasing - 250 - Total Scam. Included in Periodic Service
Brake Lining Replaced - 500 - I think this is for rear brake shoes. Again very high charges.
Clutch Overhaul - 300 - There is a single labor charge for clutch replacement which they have billed under gearbox Remove and Replace and charged extra for clutch overhaul.
Flywheel Assembly Replaced - 100 - Again separate line item to inflate bill.

Please screen the bill carefully as MASS have made it a habit to fleece customers.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 21:51   #1586
BHPian

After almost 7 years of blissful ownership and many great memories with my Ritz, it's finally time to say goodbye to it, with a mixed emotions. I have put it up for sale and the TBHP classified ad is here:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/55980/

It lacked safety (Airbags were not available even as an option on the diesel variant when I bought the car), and had the limitations of the tall-boy handling characteristics and the laggy, bunched up power delivery of the MJD engine, but it was one heck of a car to drive nevertheless. I still miss the comfortable seating, there was absolutely no fatigue felt after driving the whole day and it just felt like sitting in one's favorite armchair. The controls were light and precise and it was the best built Maruti of it's generation. The steering is a lot better than Maruti's current generation cars and so is the ride quality. There is a lot that Maruti got right with that car, too bad that our market is driven by looks and herd mentality and the model was only a modest success when it should have been a bestseller.

Last edited by chncar : 31st May 2017 at 21:53.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 03:26   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
After almost 7 years of blissful ownership and many great memories with my Ritz, it's finally time to say goodbye to it, with a mixed emotions. I have put it up for sale and the TBHP classified ad is here:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/55980/

It lacked safety (Airbags were not available even as an option on the diesel variant when I bought the car), and had the limitations of the tall-boy handling characteristics and the laggy, bunched up power delivery of the MJD engine, but it was one heck of a car to drive nevertheless. I still miss the comfortable seating, there was absolutely no fatigue felt after driving the whole day and it just felt like sitting in one's favorite armchair. The controls were light and precise and it was the best built Maruti of it's generation. The steering is a lot better than Maruti's current generation cars and so is the ride quality. There is a lot that Maruti got right with that car, too bad that our market is driven by looks and herd mentality and the model was only a modest success when it should have been a bestseller.

I completely agree with you on all of these points. It just had the best front seat. I too had to sell the car after a huge odo reading and due to the lack of airbags. I got the s-cross and it still does not have the feeling that the ritz used to give. I am waiting for the price of ritz to fall to re-acquire a pre-worshipped example for city runs.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 10:37   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I am waiting for the price of ritz to fall to re-acquire a pre-worshipped example for city runs.
Yes, a Ritz with that smooth petrol engine would be perfect for the city. I loved the petrol esp the original one that wasn't detuned for fuel efficiency like the later ones, but had no choice due to my daily commute distance and huge difference in fuel pricing at the time.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 15:05   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had to chase Bimal Whitefield for it, but after three visits and innumerable follow ups on call, they sent across a Mobile Service Van to my home at 7 in the morning today to fit the D/N Mirror. :
How was the mirror removed? Is it twist type or pull down type or screws holding the mirrors?
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 16:41   #1590
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
How was the mirror removed? Is it twist type or pull down type or screws holding the mirrors?
IIRC the IRVM is held by screws behind the plastic cap.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks