Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2009, 19:41   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
My linea also makes thud sounds even for small holes/patches on the road.
I feel the ride jittery and not stable.
Also when making sharp turns, my seating position becomes unsettled ... is it a case of smooth seat material?
For the first point, my car's suspensions do not make a thud unless the pot hole is very large and I go over them at a higher speed.

For the second one, Linea is extremely stable at bends and turns.. i have taken steep curves at very high speeds (close to 140/150kmhr).. One word to explain the handling "its marvelous"

For the third one, may be you have to put some weight .. Jokes apart, I dont feel that way at all. I am glued to the seat.. Am I so fat and heavy?

The only one annoying factor that I have is the sound "tak tak sound" that comes from the underbody from some mysterious spot (my guess is the steering column). I need to find that and sort it out.

Otherwise there are absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Cheers!
Sathya
Old 5th June 2009, 17:41   #107
BANNED

Quote:
My linea also makes thud sounds even for small holes/patches on the road.
I feel the ride jittery and not stable.
Same here. When she hits pothole, the sharp thud soun worries me a lot, it sounds like something will get broken.
Old 5th June 2009, 18:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Same here. When she hits pothole, the sharp thud soun worries me a lot, it sounds like something will get broken.
Surprising,I am not hearing anything of that sort except when I go too fast on a big pot hole and I feel mine sounds like the front bumper probably kisses the ground.. Otherwise there are no strange sounds.. get your suspensions checked..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:31   #109
BHPian

Writing again after a long break.. The work pressure was too high and I was out of India in a hectic assignment..

However coming to the point.. My beauty has run 4114kms..

Visited Concorde Ambattur for the second time because.

1. The suspension problem (the sick "tak tak" noise came back)
2. I called them and expressed my concern and Mr. Senthil from Concorde Ambattur assured me of fixing the problem.
3. I went there by 9AM in the morning and was received by the CRM with a "red" carpet. I was surprised! - Meanwhile the trip in the Tambaram-Koyambedu bypass was excellent..Felt my beauty after about a month! It started to gallop without any hesitation.. It was as though, she was waiting to open up and stretch her arms after a long time!!! Had a tough ride with Verna on the way.. Did close to 175-180km/hr a couple of times (quick bursts). The verna was really surprised and didn't attempt to catch up with me since he lost control in one of the chase and was about to hit the divider.. One more surprise, the beauty when driven alone crosses 180km/hr.. Last time with full load it didn't budge beyond 178-179 km/hr..I had also posted a 175km/hr picture. May be some time later I will post a 180+ pic.. I did it and will take a pic next time if I get a chance to do it again..After all the fun.. finally reached the service station! - It looks like everytime when I am in a peppy mood to drive.. a verna comes by as a teaser!!!
4. The service engineer was so patient in doing multiple test drives to understand the nature of the "tak tak" sound and finally decided that the culprit was the front suspension links.
5. Immediately it was replaced under warranty.
6. I went again for the test drive and found the sound non-existant.

Honestly, the service that I got from Concorde Ambattur this time was better than the visits I have had with my Maruti Swift.. Surprising isn't it?

The CRM and the Service Manager were discussing with me about the shift in their way to handle FIAT service calls. They said that they are learning day by day and trying to improve.. I was happy and said that they have a long journey to go.. and also said that they are on track.. (atleast I had some good exp. there)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the problem should not recur. However the Service Manager / CRM of Concorde Ambattur politely assured me that even if it will recur, they said they will do their best (everything they can) to get it fixed.

Felt happy and came back.. today i received follow-up call from Concorde (the engineer who attended me) to check whether the sound got arrested. I was happy and with a pleasant surprise I said an "Yes".

The FIAT saga continues!! As I write this I see my baby eagerly waiting outside for my command to burn the tarmac!

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 2nd August 2009 at 20:42.
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:00   #110
BHPian

Hi Satya, welcome back.

Its true that there is a sea change in the behaviour of Concorde, Ambattur service guys. I could observe that in the last one month.

Moreover, they have so much of respect (or fear) towards Team BHPians as we are "almost" technically sound as they are.

You need to thank me and Ashwin for all the change you see in their attitude. We are there almost every weekend keeping them on their toes. Infact, two weeks back i took a 10 minutes session to Sairaj and Shivshankar to browse Team BHP forums to keep themselves updated about Linea problems.

I think, happy days are back and we will visit the service centre's only for our regular services.

Btw, a new Concorde service centre is coming up at Tambaram next month and a new one in Ambattur for Linea, Indicruz and Safari customers in Q4.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back sathya.
How is the car now.as you have left her untouched.She definitely cursed you.
Take her for some long drive to give her a good breath.

Time for Linea Meet.Plan and we will have a bash again.
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:19   #112
BHPian

Hey Satya nice to see your passion, but mate don't you think its risky, not just for yourself but other commuters,by trying stuff like taking fotos of your speedo at 170+kmh?
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:03   #113
BHPian

Bnzjon.. True.. Even Sai told me about you and Ashwin.. Together we should create a difference! Lets hope for the best to come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Welcome back sathya.
How is the car now.as you have left her untouched.She definitely cursed you.
Take her for some long drive to give her a good breath.

Time for Linea Meet.Plan and we will have a bash again.
Yes.. she definitely deserves a long ride.. but the problem is I am going back to US on 12th of this month for about 2-3 weeks... I am going to miss my beauty again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Hey Satya nice to see your passion, but mate don't you think its risky, not just for yourself but other commuters,by trying stuff like taking fotos of your speedo at 170+kmh?
Yes.. True.. Everytime I take a oath not to cross 80-90km/hr.. but what to do sir... the handling capabilities of my beauty compels me to floor the metal.. However i know I am doing a mistake and not all days will be alike.. I have to change myself...

Regards,
Sathya
Old 4th August 2009, 12:18   #114
BHPian

I Found Something Interesting About Drivers Seat Height!!!!!!

Hello all Lineans!!!

There was a problem with drivers seat height adjustment right?
I have found the root cause and here it is..

There is actually "NO" problem with the seat height adjustment.. It does not come automatically low. What happens is, the lever used for seat height adjustment is positioned in such a way that everytime you get in or out of the car.. the thigh presses the lever once and hence the seat height becomes the lowest after 5-6 days.. I noticed this when I went to abroad and had put the seat at the highest position before leaving.. the car was kept unused for 35 days.. when i came back the seat was still in the highest position..there was no change in the seat height.

I had a doubt whether, as we sit the seat becomes low.. I was extra careful for the past 5 days when I entered or exited the car and hurray the seat remained intact.. didnt go low by even a centimeter.. so the problem is with the position of the lever and not the seat..

Request everyone to check and let me know..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 4th August 2009, 12:37   #115
BHPian

Lot of this analysis was done by me and othere "Lineans" long ago (I guess while you were away)

We have already notified Fiat and got fixes also
Check my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1409626
Old 4th August 2009, 14:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

OT: if i was to buy a linea/punto or any car, is there any considerable saving in registering it in Salem/Trichy over Chennai?

cheers
Old 4th August 2009, 14:17   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Lot of this analysis was done by me and othere "Lineans" long ago (I guess while you were away)

We have already notified Fiat and got fixes also
Check my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1409626
Oops.. I am miles behind the latest updates I guess... Can some one put one post on what are all the various issues faced in Linea so far and for how many - we have got fixes.. that will really help...

Reg. this issue.. will FIAT replace all the height adjustment levers or have we to take a print of this and go to service station and force them to change.. sorry if I had missed something..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 19th August 2009, 21:02   #118
BHPian

Some squeaking noise now...

After the suspention noise has settled (the infamous "tak tak" sound), now something is squeaking in the front left hand - side. Not sure where it is from.. Even the service engineer is dumbfounded..Anyone exp. this noise??Pls help in locating this.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 21st August 2009, 10:08   #119
Senior - BHPian

Sathya why dont we all meet at the concorde ambattur once and take these service advisors to task? and ask them to rectify all our vehicles.

I am ready. bnz jon would be ready too. may be we can call redone too. we can plan things and go as a group and give them a good hidng.
Old 21st August 2009, 10:44   #120
Senior - BHPian

One question about the rear legroom. How good or bad is it. The reason I am asking is that I had gone to the showroom to check out the Linea and after making myself comfortable in the drivers seat (I'm 6 ft tall), I was taken aback by the lack of legroom at the rear to the extent that I was finding it difficult to sit comfortably. I expected a generous room looking at the external dimensions of the car (its a few mm longer than my Civic).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks