Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 11:02   #61
BHPian

You stole my words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Now-a-days by start of the week itself I am thinking of weekend trip and it never ends.
100 % true...

Even now I am thinking.. Its a Monday morning and I am thinking of a weekend trip somewhere.. I am not sure how much I am going to spend on my beauty (for diesel ).

Enjoying every moment!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th May 2009, 12:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

When you guys are thinking about a weekend trip i am thinking about weekday trip!!. Have to get off from my work and take my linea around as it is getting very boring down here.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:55   #63
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Looks like Chennai Team-BHPians are going in the Linea way.

Satya, i am sorry if my post made you feel bad for pushing your Linea. I am sure that modern engines are built solidly and a little bit of harsh treatment does not have any negative effect.

I had a bad experience with Getz (in 2006), when i ripped the car before it had "run-in". The car did not give a consistent mileage even after running 20K kms. I made it a point from then on that every new car i buy will be "run-in" properly (atleast 3000 kms), before i explore her limits. One of my car is a Fusion TDCI and i ensured that i did not push her till i crossed 5000 kms. It is now 20 months old and almost 58,000 kms later, it gives me a consistent mileage of 18 in city and 19.5-20 in Highways.

Good luck, safe driving and enjoy your car.
Old 26th May 2009, 00:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Thanks man! Yeah.. I know I made a severe mistake.. pusing her very very hard during the run-in period (the car has just done 600kms). Hope nothing happens...
I really don't think there will be any problems. My friend claims to have driven his Baleno out of the showroom at 115 kph and it did his car no harm.
Of course, its best if you take it a bit easy till you have done ~2500 km.
BTW, I just got back from Chennai and man, its like being in a sauna every time you step out.

Last edited by Roy.S : 26th May 2009 at 00:37.
Old 26th May 2009, 05:42   #65
BHPian

Congratulations Sathya, she is a queen in all sense. Your wife would envy you now as you might end up giving this queen lot more care . In anycase I see lot of lineas and Palios here. Now I see few 500s also . With punto's launch I am sure fiat community would peak. Hope as the numbers rise A.S.S would also would get better. Enjoy your drive and drive safe. Happy Motoring.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Congratulations Sathya, she is a queen in all sense. Your wife would envy you now as you might end up giving this queen lot more care . In anycase I see lot of lineas and Palios here. Now I see few 500s also . With punto's launch I am sure fiat community would peak. Hope as the numbers rise A.S.S would also would get better. Enjoy your drive and drive safe. Happy Motoring.
Yeah.. True! I am sure that the A.S.S would improve and I also see considerable amount of Lineas in Chennai. True that Fiat had hit the sweet spot. This should clearly revive the fortunes for Fiat in India (mainly after the GP launch)

Lets hope for the best. Fiat is one of the best car makers in the world and they warrant the same in India as well.
This weekend - have finally planned for Yercaud. . Will post feedback once I finish the trip.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 28th May 2009, 16:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

yercaud trip

Het sathya,
Due to sudden change of plans i am also visiting yercaud and will be starting tomorrow morning(friday), staying for the weekend there. So will try to meet you there. So linea is gonna rock yercaud now.!!

Last edited by geeash : 28th May 2009 at 16:56.
Old 28th May 2009, 17:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Het sathya,
Due to sudden change of plans i am also visiting yercaud and will be starting tomorrow morning(friday), staying for the weekend there. So will try to meet you there. So linea is gonna rock yercaud now.!!
Wow..thats fantastic! lets rock Yercaud with our beloved Lineas. But, I am starting Saturday early morning since its very tight for me at my workplace. I will come downhill starting 2/3PM sunday evening. Lets catch up in Yercaud. So its only one day stay for me (Saturday) at Yercaud.

Karthik.. Are you listening buddy?

May its high time you must take your beauty for a spin !

Regards,
Sathya
Old 28th May 2009, 17:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow..thats fantastic! lets rock Yercaud with our beloved Lineas. But, I am starting Saturday early morning since its very tight for me at my workplace. I will come downhill starting 2/3PM sunday evening. Lets catch up in Yercaud. So its only one day stay for me (Saturday) at Yercaud.

Karthik.. Are you listening buddy?

May its high time you must take your beauty for a spin !

Regards,
Sathya
I already gone there 2 months back in Verna crdi and ripped her > 190 kmph sathya.
I just posted my reply in Geeash's thread.
If my wife permits ,I'll join with you guys.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:05   #70
BHPian

Engineering Brilliance... Thats FIAT (Stands by its statement - First In All Tests)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Speedo pic removed. Please refrain from posting about speeds which are over and above the legal limits of our highways and roads.

Guys..

Time for an update. I did a round trip Chennai - Yercaud - Chennai on 30th and 31st May 2009.

Took the Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Yercaud route.

First things first, the road was fantastic.. Looked like I am driving in a European country.

Now the details:
Total people travelled: 4 Adults and 1 kid

Boot: 3/4 Full

Total trip distance: 867.8kms

Avg Consumption: 16.4km/lt (round trip including trips within Yercaud and the complete ghats section)

Top Speed: 175km/hr (Pic attached showing my "until date" top whack..Had some more throttle to go. My feel is that top whack should be close to 180km/hr)

Avg speed : 61km/hr (for the complete round trip)

Constant cruise speed: 120-140 km/hr

Positives:
1. Extremely good handling
2. Fanstastic ride quality
3. Effortless cruising at 130-140-150 km/hr
4. Terrific top whack - 175km/hr. Now comes the interesting part.. I have read in this forum statements like this...

-->"A Xylo would put Linea to dust", -- Linea MJD would eat it for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.. What else?

-->"Linea would appear as a dot in Fiesta 1.6's/Honda City's rear view mirror" - Haha... should have seen Fiesta 1.6, OHC and ANHC getting awestruck in the highway.. They tried to catch up with me but was not able to since I was able to put the car in steep bends at speeds more than 140-150km/hr and they had to slow down. SX4 was not able to take me even in the straight line. Actually I saw them as a dot in my rear view mirror!

-->"Extremely underpowered car" - I dont have to speak any more. This statement is all time "invalid"

-->"A verna would eat linea for lunch by all means" - Linea can join verna for lunch.. If the roads are with some bends, the verna would bend on its knees before Linea!

I am NOT trying to be offensive here or hurt someone. But the point is - don't underestimate a car without driving it. Linea is a mighty machine waiting for your command to rule the tarmac.

Negatives:

Nothing till now! Actually, now my car feels more smooth than before.

Ok.. Enough talking.. let the pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-car1.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-family1.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-highway2.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-killiyur2.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-killiyur1.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-killiyur4.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-killiyur7.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-manyu1.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-killiyur5.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 17:52.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:34   #71
BHPian

Nice post sathya. One has to drive the Linea to truly appreciate it. Fantastic photographs buddy.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-->"A Xylo would put Linea to dust", -- Linea MJD would eat it for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner.. What else?

-->"Linea would appear as a dot in Fiesta 1.6's/Honda City's rear view mirror" - Haha... should have seen Fiesta 1.6, OHC and ANHC getting awestruck in the highway.. They tried to catch up with me but was not able to since I was able to put the car in steep bends at speeds more than 140-150km/hr and they had to slow down. SX4 was not able to take me even in the straight line. Actually I saw them as a dot in my rear view mirror!

-->"Extremely underpowered car" - I dont have to speak any more. This statement is all time "invalid"

-->"A verna would eat linea for lunch by all means" - Linea can join verna for lunch.. If the roads are with some bends, the verna would bend on its knees before Linea!
hahahaha
very good Sathya.
when i posted earlier that i have reached 175 kmph some body criticised me in this forum.
What was the RPM that time when you crossed 175 kms?
you have attached the proof as Snap.
Now people will really admire LINEA.
Even I took Verna till 193 kmph in the same strech.
But linea is well planted in any speeds and with Pete's oh boy we can dare to race with MIGs.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 1st June 2009 at 13:07.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:30   #73
BHPian

wonderful pics there satya.

What was rpm at 175?
I have a linea petrol and I can't tolerate the engine groan after 4000rpm :(

Last edited by neotraveller : 1st June 2009 at 13:31.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:36   #74
Senior - BHPian

In Diesel,It roars after 3000 rpm itself.
It's very sporty to hear that sound(Subjective).
Old 1st June 2009, 13:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

Sathya, stunning pics! Just curious, did your kid get car sick while going uphill or during high speed bends?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks