Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
What brand of tyres have you got. in my SX4 its JK and tyre noise is pathetic after 80.

Also how is NVH after 80?, obviously reply once you try that.
NVH beyond 80kmph is better than the test drive car I drove as I did not drive beyond 80kmph with the stock tyres on my own car, its quieter for sure but beyond 100kmph the wind noise from around the wing mirrors takes over.

I've got a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle NCT 5's (SIZE: 225 / 55 R16) in place of the stock JK Vectra's (SIZE: 205 / 60 R16), I didn't change the 5th tyre (Spare) as these ones are wider and hence they wont fit perfectly in the boot slot thereby leading to rattles in the future as they're wider by 20mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
congrats on the buy ..... the SX4 is a great car for our indian roads .... my SX4 has done more 15,000 kms and i have not had any rattling issues till date.... the car is far more comfortable to get in and out with respect to so many other cars on our indian roads.... enjoy this beauty.......
I am facing one rattle from the drivers side door, close to the b pillar near the lower part of the window pane. Apart from that no rattling issues.

But there is a more serious issue with the hand-break, whenever i park my car on an incline the hand-break is not able to stop the car & it tends to roll down. Any idea about the hand-break issue, my Accent used to stay still with just two clicks.

Last edited by maglev : 2nd July 2009 at 22:33.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

I am facing one rattle from the drivers side door, close to the b pillar near the lower part of the window pane. Apart from that no rattling issues.

But there is a more serious issue with the hand-break, whenever i park my car on an incline the hand-break is not able to stop the car & it tends to roll down. Any idea about the hand-break issue, my Accent used to stay still with just two clicks.[/quote]

Please take the car to MASS and have it checked. There should be no such isseues with the hand-brake. Please have the window pane chjecked as well.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new buy, surely its one of the best looking cars from maruti and as they rightly said men are back.Ragarding your hand brake issue please take it to your dealer and get it rectified.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new car. I have also bought an SX4 yesterday and first impressions seem good.

wishing you miles upon miles of happy motoring.
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congrats on your new buy, surely its one of the best looking cars from maruti and as they rightly said men are back.Ragarding your hand brake issue please take it to your dealer and get it rectified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Please take the car to MASS and have it checked. There should be no such isseues with the hand-brake. Please have the window pane chjecked as well.

Thanks for the wishes guys, I would be taking the car to MASS at the first available opportunity.

&

Is it advisable to get an under body Anti-Rust coat done, I'm mean does it work or is it just a marketing gimmick ???
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Is it advisable to get an under body Anti-Rust coat done, I'm mean does it work or is it just a marketing gimmick ???
Try to get it done in front of you. In fact not a big task they spray anti rust paint but what matter is to raise the car to a height of 4 to 5 feet
Old 9th July 2009, 15:16   #37
BHPian

I'm Planning to get a few accessories, Are the following prices justified:

1. Sun Film Llumar: Total Cost 6K
  • Sides: 5% Visibility (Jet Black)
  • Front Windshield: 75% Visibility (transparent type)
  • Rear Windshield: 75% Visibility (transparent type)
2. Gear Lock Autocop 2K

3. Under Body Anti-Rust Coat from Maruti 2k

4. High security registration plates or should I wait for the official regulation as the official ones are supposed to have an embedded computer chip.

5. Are there various types of ART leather, if so which one should be bought?
Old 12th July 2009, 23:32   #38
BHPian

Guys I'll be going for my first service in a day or two. The odometer reading is 1033 kms.

I've gotten a pretty low mileage of 8.3 & 8.4 kmpl in the first & second cycle respectively, tankful to tankful method with the auto cut fuel dispenser. Fuel filled was speed-91 (Bharat Petroleum).

Also the service manual says that during the 1st free service the engine oil & filter need to be changed but it does not specify whether its the owner or the dealer who pays for the oil & filter change. The same thing is mentioned in the 3rd free service coupon as well and not in the 2nd free service coupon. Can anyone throw some light on this and the post right below this one as I've not bought any of those accessories yet,

And Is there anything I should lookout / check for during the 1st service ???

Waiting for your reply!!

Will be posting a detailed ownership experience after the first service!!

Last edited by maglev : 12th July 2009 at 23:36.
Old 13th July 2009, 08:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

You have to pay for Oil and Filter during all free services that require oil change or topup.

Regarding mileage, it would get better after car has run 3 -4k kilometers. That is once friction between moving parts subsides due to run in.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

why are going for speed. I always used normal petrol and if remember correctly, it gave me 11 km/l in first 2000 km
Old 13th July 2009, 12:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I'll be going for my first service in a day or two. The odometer reading is 1033 kms.

I've gotten a pretty low mileage of 8.3 & 8.4 kmpl in the first & second cycle respectively, tankful to tankful method with the auto cut fuel dispenser. Fuel filled was speed-91 (Bharat Petroleum).

Also the service manual says that during the 1st free service the engine oil & filter need to be changed but it does not specify whether its the owner or the dealer who pays for the oil & filter change. The same thing is mentioned in the 3rd free service coupon as well and not in the 2nd free service coupon. Can anyone throw some light on this and the post right below this one as I've not bought any of those accessories yet,

And Is there anything I should lookout / check for during the 1st service ???

Waiting for your reply!!

Will be posting a detailed ownership experience after the first service!!
Maglev,

Please stick to normal petrol. None of the engines in India (except in exotic imports) need Speed or any other branded/high octane petrol.

Do not rev the engine. It is a good idea to upshift at 2200 rpm. You pay for all consumables changed during service.
Old 13th July 2009, 12:18   #42
BHPian

Quote:
If possible get the oil and filter changed in front of your eyes. It hardly take 1/2 hr to do it.
Old 13th July 2009, 14:37   #43
BHPian

8.3-8.4 sounds ok to me considering I get between 8.5-9.5 on normal runs. For some reason, last 2 tankfuls I got 9.8-10. Not complaining.
Am running 215/55/16, am curious to see what effect the 225s will have on efficiency. Congratulations though, is a brilliant car to have!!
Old 14th July 2009, 01:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
You have to pay for Oil and Filter during all free services that require oil change or topup.

Regarding mileage, it would get better after car has run 3 -4k kilometers. That is once friction between moving parts subsides due to run in.
The Only issue is that she drinks Mobil1 (Fully Synthetic) so I thought just in case I'm lucky and Maruti's generous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
why are going for speed. I always used normal petrol and if remember correctly, it gave me 11 km/l in first 2000 km
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Maglev,

Please stick to normal petrol. None of the engines in India (except in exotic imports) need Speed or any other branded/high octane petrol.

Do not rev the engine. It is a good idea to upshift at 2200 rpm. You pay for all consumables changed during service.
Would be switching Over to Normal Petrol from now, hopefully the mileage improves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
If possible get the oil and filter changed in front of your eyes. It hardly take 1/2 hr to do it.
Will ensure of that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
8.3-8.4 sounds ok to me considering I get between 8.5-9.5 on normal runs. For some reason, last 2 tankfuls I got 9.8-10. Not complaining.
Am running 215/55/16, am curious to see what effect the 225s will have on efficiency. Congratulations though, is a brilliant car to have!!
She surely is brilliant to drive hopefully the 225's dont make a Deep Impact on the fuel consumption!! considering that the price of fuel has recently been increased.

Also do I still need to drive the car in the Running-In Mode or drive normally. It has 1100 kms on the clock as of today ???

Last edited by maglev : 14th July 2009 at 01:57.
Old 14th July 2009, 09:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
The Only issue is that she drinks Mobil1 (Fully Synthetic) so I thought just in case I'm lucky and Maruti's generous.
Mobil 1 I think I am using Castrol and one oil change is approx 1600 bucks
Is Mobil recommended by Maruti? Service book does not says anything. It says about the grade of oil to be used.
Using fully synthetic from the starting may not be good option

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks