Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 11:32   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Is this problem only related to Delhi ? and Delhi customers ? I went through all the posts and one thing is common that the issue has erected after the service. Seems like they might have re calibrated or reset the idle which is not matching with the company settings.
Interesting Observation. I have been driving this car for over 2.5 years now and haven't faced this problem of hovering RPM. Yes, the low end torque is less and that means you need to raise the accelerator a bit to set the car in motion. In case of lower RPM (less throttle) while starting, there is a slight judder and the RPM needle goes a little low, but at idle the needle shouldn't hover and come below 700 RPM
Old 20th October 2009, 23:19   #77
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After my first service I have been driving only on petrol as the technician said that I must also check the mileage in petrol. (It was running on CNG from the day of delivery)
The first 100KMs that were covered during diwali traffic, I got mileage on 11.5 KM/Ltr (Normal petrol)
The next 100 KMs where I drived Delhi-Gurgoan-Delhi and Delhi-Noida-Delhi, during less traffic hrs, I got mileage of 16KM/Ltr (Normal Petrol)
Entire duration speed did not crossed 80 and RPM kept around 2000 or less.

And in the first service I went for normal engine oil, where Maruti has recommended some Mobil1 for SX4. No synthetic.

Now I am sure, my car will run more then 20KM per KG of CNG gas.

One more thing that I noticed is issue with left wiper (small one), its not doing its job properly. I told the superviser during first service that there is a problem and replace this wiper, instead he got it adjusted.
When you have small droplets dried up on the wind screen, that time the main wiper works as the area below it gets cleaned but the small wiper don't. I will be going to Rana workshop this week to get it replaced.
Old 21st October 2009, 00:12   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindtayal View Post
Hi Guys,

After my first service I have been driving only on petrol as the technician said that I must also check the mileage in petrol. (It was running on CNG from the day of delivery)
The first 100KMs that were covered during diwali traffic, I got mileage on 11.5 KM/Ltr (Normal petrol)
The next 100 KMs where I drived Delhi-Gurgoan-Delhi and Delhi-Noida-Delhi, during less traffic hrs, I got mileage of 16KM/Ltr (Normal Petrol)
Entire duration speed did not crossed 80 and RPM kept around 2000 or less.

And in the first service I went for normal engine oil, where Maruti has recommended some Mobil1 for SX4. No synthetic.

Now I am sure, my car will run more then 20KM per KG of CNG gas.

One more thing that I noticed is issue with left wiper (small one), its not doing its job properly. I told the superviser during first service that there is a problem and replace this wiper, instead he got it adjusted.
When you have small droplets dried up on the wind screen, that time the main wiper works as the area below it gets cleaned but the small wiper don't. I will be going to Rana workshop this week to get it replaced.

I haven't faced the wiper issue, get it replaced by claiming warranty.

You are getting some really fantastic figures both 11.5 & 16 KMPL,

I only manage to get around 8.0 - 8.4 KMPL 100% A/C + spirited driving,
I red line her at least once or twice a day. Love the torque from around the 2500 rpm mark.

BTW does the vibration issue in your car still persist ??

The vibrations in my car are noticeable by touching the steering, pedals & the Internal rear view mirror vibrates as well, also I can feel the base of the front seats vibrating. In short my car manages to give me a mild massage.
Old 21st October 2009, 00:20   #79
BHPian

That fluctuation in the RPM needle is still there, but will again check tomorrow and confirm.
But as you mentioned earlier, it does not happen every time.
Old 21st October 2009, 00:25   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hey its more than a month since the vibrations started, right? Not fixed yet? What is MASS telling you?
Old 21st October 2009, 00:47   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Hey its more than a month since the vibrations started, right? Not fixed yet? What is MASS telling you?
To be honest the last time I went to MASS was on 23-September-2009,

I have been busy with my Mid-Term exams and my finals are coming up in December. I have been trying to study.

Although a girl from MASS has called me thrice for a repeat visit to get the issue resolved but due to extreme paucity of time I have not been able to visit MASS.

Will be going there after the Mid Terms. hopefully
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:17   #82

My SX4 ZXi is now 3 months old and yes even I feel minor vibrations at low RPM but cannot really figure out the root cause. See if anyone can find the solution for it.

Regards,
Suchit
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post

You are getting some really fantastic figures both 11.5 & 16 KMPL,
Are you sure about that, if yes than its phenomenal.
Though its true that SX4 gives worst FE when driven for shorter and micro-shorter distances. but I also do Gurgaon - Noida - Gurgaon twice a week, but never get more than 13 KM/L. Though I might not be accurate in calculatting it as its a mix of 2 days long and 3-4 days short.

While local in Gurgaon, I get 12
Old 23rd October 2009, 08:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Trial & Error method adopted by MASS always takes its time.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:38   #85
BHPian

Hey Maglev.,,

Whats the latest update on your car ??
Did you manage to sort out the problems ??
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:49   #86
BHPian

Hay guys !

I have a SX4 zxi, and I've got the same vibration issue for for a long time now.
The RPM's drop to 500-600 rpm mark and stay there even if the AC is on . I can feel the floor under the pedals vibrating, and i can feel some vibrations through the clutch also !

My car is 2.5 years old and done around 14k kms. I got the throttle body calibration thingy done at the 10k service and i think thats when the problem started !

@maglev> Give us an update when your next MASS visit happens ..

Cheers.
vibhu
Old 27th December 2009, 13:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

I visited MASS 2 week back for following problems:
1. Vibration and Juddering : Long time problems
2. Right - front, PW making noise
3. Little squeaking noise from brakes.
4. Suspension making some noise some time.

and very unfortunately, they did a temp work on all those and all re-appeared after a drive of around 100km. Though I was too busy to report it back, I got a call from CC of MASS, to check how car is doing, and I blasted back on them, obviously with right tone. Basically I do not want to screw them, as they have been very helpful for me. So I told them I am very angry with the work as I spent whole day at station for just four problem.

Will take it up again.

For juddering, they have decided to invite the experts from maruti once we fix the date as per convenience for both side
Old 3rd January 2010, 03:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
Hey Maglev.,,

Whats the latest update on your car ??
Did you manage to sort out the problems ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hay guys !

I have a SX4 zxi, and I've got the same vibration issue for for a long time now.
The RPM's drop to 500-600 rpm mark and stay there even if the AC is on . I can feel the floor under the pedals vibrating, and i can feel some vibrations through the clutch also !

My car is 2.5 years old and done around 14k kms. I got the throttle body calibration thingy done at the 10k service and i think thats when the problem started !

@maglev> Give us an update when your next MASS visit happens ..

Cheers.
vibhu
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I visited MASS 2 week back for following problems:
1. Vibration and Juddering : Long time problems
2. Right - front, PW making noise
3. Little squeaking noise from brakes.
4. Suspension making some noise some time.

and very unfortunately, they did a temp work on all those and all re-appeared after a drive of around 100km. Though I was too busy to report it back, I got a call from CC of MASS, to check how car is doing, and I blasted back on them, obviously with right tone. Basically I do not want to screw them, as they have been very helpful for me. So I told them I am very angry with the work as I spent whole day at station for just four problem.

Will take it up again.

For juddering, they have decided to invite the experts from maruti once we fix the date as per convenience for both side

Apologies for the extremely late update guys, actually I had been very very busy with my final year exams.

My next MASS visit is due within this week,

for the vibration issue and the 2nd service

The car has run around 3900kms a detailed review would be coming up soon.
Old 10th January 2010, 00:28   #89
BHPian

Guys,

I would be going for my 2nd free service on Monday (10-Jan-2010)

I've already bought Mobil1 5W-50 fully synthetic from outside instead of buying it from MASS as its cheaper by more than Rs. 1700/-

Tips / Suggestions / Advice are highly needed / welcomed
Old 10th January 2010, 00:57   #90
BHPian

low engine idle speed could be due to wrong lubricant viscosity. If the problem only appears when you switch on the A/C then the idler needs a slight adjustment. I'm not very sure but i think the idle speed of the engine id governed by the ECU and is not adjustable manually and only through the ECU. So try to take a peek at the electronic reading of the idle. i had a similar idle problem with my car and all i did was an oil change and it was smooth as butter again. try it out. cheers mate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks