Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 09:34   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
@aravind, if I remember correctly, as for ford ikon manual, you should wait for a couple of seconds before engaging the reverse gear from any other gear.
@sanjayc

oh I see, may be it the same with the Fiesta too, usually I pump the clutch and it would work, thanks for letting me know.
Old 4th December 2009, 10:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

EW Certificate is a contract for 3nd and 4th year i.e total 48 months or 150,000 kms
whichever comes earlier. This Warranty means that ' Ford dealer will repair/replace free of cost including labour, at his premises, any covered components of the vehicle listed under 'what is covered' (you will see that when you get the certificate) that suffers a failure during the EW plan period (ofcourse subject to terms/conditions as listed in the contract).

There is no mention about RSA.
I mean RSA is useful when your car fails on the way and then you have to call RSA for attending the car on the spot?
Old 4th December 2009, 10:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

@ nairrk,

I was given the EW for 3 & 4 th years along with RSA in place of corporate discount. I think the normal EW does not come with RSA and has to be purchased seperately as per dealer. The cost for RSA per year is Rs 1100/-. So EW+ RSA for 2 years = 10K corporate discount.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ nairrk,

I was given the EW for 3 & 4 th years along with RSA in place of corporate discount. I think the normal EW does not come with RSA and has to be purchased seperately as per dealer. The cost for RSA per year is Rs 1100/-. So EW+ RSA for 2 years = 10K corporate discount.
+
Noted.
When you get the Contract Certificate (for EW) from Ford, please see
the terms and conditions mainly how the RSA will be applicable and how they charge Rs.1100/-
Also is this Rs.1100/- charged by the Dealer or Ford (my dealer not at all mentioned about this RSA?)
Wait for the certificate from Ford, then you will know the details.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk

Thanks for the info, will keep in mind the same and let the forum know once I get the EW details. Even I was not aware of the RSA but chanced to see my booking application form where the option of EW+RSA was ticked and cost mentioned was Rs 9800/-. later I Found that there are options of EW with/without RSA. Without RSA for EW per year was 4200/- (actually Rs 5000/- mentioned in the Ford price list) and with RSA was 5000/-. This EW & RSA would be given by Ford through the dealer and applies to some select cities only.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Nairsab, I was given the RSA as well as part of the corp discount. It's not yet available in all cities, so maybe that's why the dealer did not mention it to you.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nairsab, I was given the RSA as well as part of the corp discount. It's not yet available in all cities, so maybe that's why the dealer did not mention it to you.
+
yes I got it.

probably, they are offering to all the metro cities now and may extend to suburbans at later stage.
Anyway did you get the certificate from Ford?
if yes, what actually they have written(warranty /coverage) about this RSA?
Old 31st December 2009, 12:14   #68
BHPian

Windshield Film

Guys,

I got a quote from an after market shop for installing windshield film, it is HP50 from 3M and the quote is 2750, it has one year warranty on it.

Is this is a fair price?
Old 16th February 2010, 14:37   #69
BHPian

Second Long Drive in My Fiesta

Recently did a long trip to Nagercoil in my Fiesta (P) and I thought I will share it here. It’s my second trip in the last 4 months, and the road conditions have improved tremendously beyond Madurai, hardly one or two diversions. It was a breeze till Trichy and the diversion at Trichy took an hour
Here are the details,
--------------------
Distance Covered = 720 KMS one way approx
Travel Time = 11.5 Hrs (including few breaks and lunch)
Mileage = 15.1 KMPL with Shell regular petrol
13.9 KMPL with the PSU regular petrol
Tire pressure = 30 PS with nitrogen(checked three weeks back).

Behavior of the vehicle
----------------------------
Until up to 120-130 KM/HR it was very very stable and feels like we are cruising at 40-45KM/Hr
At 140 KM/Hr there is slight variation in the wheel but still the car was handling very well (no wobbles), don’t know if this is normal.

Adventures
-------------
Had a close shave with an oncoming load auto near Madurai, on a 4 lane road while I was trying to over take a bus I noticed a load auto coming towards me (the guy was on the wrong side of the road) I had to break hard and maneuver the car to the left lane, thank god the car obeyed the instructions perfectly and we were safe.

Lesson learned
------------------
Even if we are driving on the 4 lane road with median e.t.c we need to be very watch full to guard ourselves from those morons who doesn’t know how to use the road.

Dislikes
----------
I found the AC little ineffective during the day, I haven’t installed the wind shield sun film yet, probably this would help.

Other Info
------------
There were few reliance petrol pumps that are open in down south, I learned from the pump guy that these pumps are open at Madurai, Kovilpatti, Thirunelveli and Nagercoil
I thought this would help people who travel down south so that we don’t have to fill our cars with adulterated fuel from the PSU pumps.

Last edited by aravinrd : 16th February 2010 at 14:40.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:44   #70
BHPian

Closing in on 1st Year of Ownership

I am closing in on my one year ownership of Ford Fiesta (P) I have done close to 11500 KMS that includes 4700 KMS of highway driving and rest all city/semi city traffic. Apart from the initial issues that I had with my wheel alignment it has been trouble free experience. I am getting a mileage of 12 KMPL to 13.5 KPML depending on the AC usage and road conditions. I am happy with this mileage. In recent times I started filling the extra premium and just realized that Ford has suggested to use the regular petrol, I will switch back again to regular petrol from next fill.

Completed the 2nd service few months back and I had to spent Rs.1700 for the service that included refilling the windshield wiper fluid and cleaning the engine bay (they charged somewhere around 400 and 500 rupees) otherwise the 2nd service would have been around 1200 – 1300 Rs only which I thought is a reasonable amount for this lovely car.

Now, my insurance expires on 14th July and I am planning to renew it with Bajaj Allianz again, they are quoting 13,150. I am not sure if this is a good quote and I am in a dilemma whether to go with the Bajaj Allianz or to find better quotes from other providers. The thing that I am concerned about is, say if I opt for another insurance provider would the claim processing be as smooth as Bajaj, since Ford has a tie up with Bajaj.

Looking forward for your valuable suggestions.

Guys who are up for renewal in the coming months or those who have renewed in the recent past could help me out here .
Old 24th June 2010, 11:05   #71
BHPian

Congrats Aravind, I have also clocked around 10000 kms in the last one year and the mileage is more or less like yours. Till date I have had only one issue, which is related to the driver side power window.

As for the Insurance, I think 13150 is a fair price, provided your IDV is over 620000.

Recently I renewed my insurance, btw mine is a 2008 model and hence my IDV is 560000 and I got the best quote from Bajaj. They had a special discount for Woman( the car is in my wife's name and that helped me save some money) My premium is 9,800 which I think is reasonable.

You may also want to get a quote from ICICI and if there is considerable difference, you can switch. From what I have heard, the claim is also handled quite well by ICICI

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I am closing in on my one year ownership of Ford Fiesta (P) I have done close to 11500 KMS that includes 4700 KMS of highway driving and rest all city/semi city traffic. Apart from the initial issues that I had with my wheel alignment it has been trouble free experience. I am getting a mileage of 12 KMPL to 13.5 KPML depending on the AC usage and road conditions. I am happy with this mileage. In recent times I started filling the extra premium and just realized that Ford has suggested to use the regular petrol, I will switch back again to regular petrol from next fill.

Completed the 2nd service few months back and I had to spent Rs.1700 for the service that included refilling the windshield wiper fluid and cleaning the engine bay (they charged somewhere around 400 and 500 rupees) otherwise the 2nd service would have been around 1200 – 1300 Rs only which I thought is a reasonable amount for this lovely car.

Now, my insurance expires on 14th July and I am planning to renew it with Bajaj Allianz again, they are quoting 13,150. I am not sure if this is a good quote and I am in a dilemma whether to go with the Bajaj Allianz or to find better quotes from other providers. The thing that I am concerned about is, say if I opt for another insurance provider would the claim processing be as smooth as Bajaj, since Ford has a tie up with Bajaj.

Guys who are up for renewal in the coming months or those who have renewed in the recent past could help me out here .
Old 24th June 2010, 11:22   #72
Senior - BHPian

Whoever you prefer to take the insurance, make sure that ford has a tie up with them as it will help you to getl quick claim settlement like Bajaj Allianz offers.

Your Fiesta completed 1 year and 11500 kms - presume, time for a longtime ownership report?
Old 24th June 2010, 11:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I am closing in on my one year ownership of Ford Fiesta (P) I have done close to 11500 KMS that includes 4700 KMS of highway driving and rest all city/semi city traffic. Wow, thats good mile crunching you did. Mine has completed 7.5K kms in 7 months, maybe I'll reach your figure in another 4 months time

I am getting a mileage of 12 KMPL to 13.5 KPML depending on the AC usage and road conditions. Me too getting the same mileage range.

In recent times I started filling the extra premium and just realized that Ford has suggested to use the regular petrol, I will switch back again to regular petrol from next fill. Pls do so, I started doing this since last couple of fills. Would suggest you to use IFTEX-G

Completed the 2nd service few months back and I had to spent Rs.1700 for the service. I think the cost will be somewhat in the same rane, I paid 1K for the second service.

My comments in bold. I cant comment on the renewal thing since mine is to be due in Nov only. I would like to know what are the renewal options when other Fiestians would reply to your query.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:31   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Congrats Aravind, I have also clocked around 10000 kms in the last one year and the mileage is more or less like yours.

Congrats Chillout

As for the Insurance, I think 13150 is a fair price, provided your IDV is over 620000.
Recently I renewed my insurance, btw mine is a 2008 model and hence my IDV is 560000 and I got the best quote from Bajaj. They had a special discount for Woman( the car is in my wife's name and that helped me save some money) My premium is 9,800 which I think is reasonable.

Mine is a 2009 model and the IDV is 505794. But, mine is Zxi may be that is the reason why is it less than yours. I dont know if I need to ask them to increase the IDV

You may also want to get a quote from ICICI and if there is considerable difference, you can switch. From what I have heard, the claim is also handled quite well by ICICI
I already sent a mail to Sundaram customer service, I will also check with ICICI. Thanks for your suggestion
Old 24th June 2010, 11:37   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Whoever you prefer to take the insurance, make sure that ford has a tie up with them as it will help you to getl quick claim settlement like Bajaj Allianz offers.

But how do I find this? if I ask the insurance company will they be able to help? I think if we call the dealership we may not get the desired answer.

Your Fiesta completed 1 year and 11500 kms - presume, time for a longtime ownership report?
Yes I agree with you, I will do so as soon as I am done with the next service which is due in the 2nd week of July.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks