Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 18:13   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Does the chassis replacement reflect in the final invoice under warranty ?
If they have replaced it, it should reflect in the final invoice after closing the job card.
Could you post what was the cost of the Chassis?
Jay!
Yes it does reflect on the job card. They still haven't closed the Job card so they still haven't given me the final invoice.

On the other front, I do not have any issues if I am stuck somewhere down with a problem alone or with friends + wife, but not with only wife alone. That trust will come in some time once I get out for a long drive. This car has never broken down on me and so I am happy for it.
@n.devdat
I don't care if it is a Jan model or anything anyways. If it can be fixed then let it be fixed.
Now I know how so many people have gotten fooled like this including the person who bought it along with me. I hope that she is not facing any problems.

Anyways, I am planning to go to media and create awareness about old cars being sold. Whether I get the refund from them or not is a different issue, but I don't want others to suffer as much as me. Let's see.
Old 13th July 2009, 18:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is why Safari still has so many lovers...

Just look at it...Wow is all you can say....majestic, sophisticated, yet cool....
True! That is the problem, I still love it very much! I will try to spin it around tonight and then will call you. The brakes still seems a little flaky to me. I will let you know in the evening anyways.
Old 13th July 2009, 18:33   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Does the chassis replacement reflect in the final invoice under warranty ?
If they have replaced it, it should reflect in the final invoice after closing the job card.
Could you post what was the cost of the Chassis?
I have forgotten the price. I think that it was hovering around at 60k in the invoice. I will confirm when I get the bill.

Tejas
Old 13th July 2009, 19:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Jay!
Yes it does reflect on the job card. They still haven't closed the Job card so they still haven't given me the final invoice.
AFAIK it takes quite a long time to change the chassis, considering the number of components involved with a ladder chassis. In your case however, they seem to have done it super quickly, which makes me doubtful about the whole replacement. I really hope that they have replaced it. PLease do verify on your proforma. I would appreciate if you would share the cost details when you find out.

On the other front, I do not have any issues if I am stuck somewhere down with a problem alone or with friends + wife, but not with only wife alone. That trust will come in some time once I get out for a long drive. This car has never broken down on me and so I am happy for it.
For all its irritating niggles, the Safari rarely ever breaks down on anybody, however, when it does theres no telling where and who you will be with.

@n.devdat
I don't care if it is a Jan model or anything anyways. If it can be fixed then let it be fixed.

I wonder what you could do even if you cared other than going to court which will be a terrific pain.

Now I know how so many people have gotten fooled like this including the person who bought it along with me. I hope that she is not facing any problems.

Anyways, I am planning to go to media and create awareness about old cars being sold. Whether I get the refund from them or not is a different issue, but I don't want others to suffer as much as me. Let's see.
Thats a very positive initiative on your end. I hope you are successful in your endeavour.

Goodluck.
Old 13th July 2009, 19:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have forgotten the price. I think that it was hovering around at 60k in the invoice. I will confirm when I get the bill.

Tejas
60k is damn cheap for a NEW Safari Chassis IMO.
Old 13th July 2009, 19:20   #96
BHPian

Quote:
60k is damn cheap for a NEW Safari Chassis IMO.
It was written 3L at one place: Dev correct me if I am wrong. Why would the chassis cost that much is what I am wondering? Let me get the papers and then I will tell you the actual cost. I think that 60k was for something else. I am not sure because I had to run back to office and anyways, I will get the invoice after everything is done.

Quote:
AFAIK it takes quite a long time to change the chassis, considering the number of components involved with a ladder chassis. In your case however, they seem to have done it super quickly, which makes me doubtful about the whole replacement. I really hope that they have replaced it. PLease do verify on your proforma. I would appreciate if you would share the cost details when you find out.
There were about 20 guys who worked on it from Thursday to Wednesday to get it done. IMHO, it doesn't take much when you have to mount the chassis is so many people are working on it when you have to just mount the body. We (Myself and Dev) have verified that the chassis is fine. We did some softroading too make sure about it. Tonight I will drive and I'll find out if there are any problems. Also, I am meeting one of my friends who has
an LX model. I will TD that too to see if there are any differences that I see in them.
Quote:
Thats a very positive initiative on your end. I hope you are successful in your endeavour.
Thanks a lot! I just want to do it! I will be going to meet the Dealers on this Sat along with my wife/dev/HappyWheels(if poss) and we will have a chat with them.
Quote:
I wonder what you could do even if you cared other than going to court which will be a terrific pain.
True and hence I can't do anything much about it. However, if some how we can make sure that these goons can be punished by their a little negative sales, I will be far more than happy. I will try my best to do it.

PS: Please let me know if there are any people here who has some contacts in the media preferably in Bangalore in TOI etc. I know some people in Hindu and Indian Express I think. I will dig all the info by this weekend.

Last edited by bantejas : 13th July 2009 at 19:29.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:31   #97
BANNED

Manipal dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Dev i think so it could be one of a kind incident, but as far as i have seen them they are having a good team.

We got our Safari from them with good service & deals right from the begining of our purchase.

Till date we get our Safari serviced at their Hebbal Service Station and get good service.

Its been 1.5yrs since we are dealing with Manipal and not found any problem either in service or sales.
Manipal's sales dealership has been closed down by Tata Motors. Their service centres continue to operate. This leaves potential customers a choice of 2 sales outlets in Bangalore - Concorde & Prerana.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Manipal's sales dealership has been closed down by Tata Motors. Their service centres continue to operate. This leaves potential customers a choice of 2 sales outlets in Bangalore - Concorde & Prerana.
Hrishi, Yes it is true that the dealership has been closed for Manipal and it is only Prerna & Concorde are in sales.

Manipal are coming back into sales again by this year end and hope they do well, coming to service i do not have any problems getting my Safari serviced at Hebbal.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed an astonishing, and for TML/Concorde, a shameful chapter of events. I strongly suggest that you write a small story around this and send it to Mr Tata. I am not sure he hears enough of what is happening in the real world of TML customers. He would be very very disappointed, I can assure you. And some good will come out of it - if not directly for you, for future customers. Send it to his residence, I am sure you will be able to find out his address.
Old 14th July 2009, 09:21   #100
BANNED

Chassis price as per the invoice

Quote:
It was written 3L at one place: Dev correct me if I am wrong. Why would the chassis cost that much is what I am wondering? Let me get the papers and then I will tell you the actual cost. I think that 60k was for something else. I am not sure because I had to run back to office and anyways, I will get the invoice after everything is done.

As per my recollection it was INR 110000.00 for the chassis.
bantejas,
Were you able to drive your friend's vehicle yesterday?
If yes could you find any noticeable difference?
I checked out a 25k run 2.2 last night just to have a feel of it compared to your truck and was satisfied to a great extent.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
As per my recollection it was INR 110000.00 for the chassis.
bantejas,
Were you able to drive your friend's vehicle yesterday?
If yes could you find any noticeable difference?
I checked out a 25k run 2.2 last night just to have a feel of it compared to your truck and was satisfied to a great extent.
dev,
Amazing it is when dealing with TASS! last night when I reached my friend's place (about 2 kms from my office), diesel got over! We went to get some diesel and since it was late, I got back home via Airport for a TD. Issues were the heating of the brakes (again)! I called up the TASS and they promised to come in morning to my place. They have fixed it and I had a small TD without any issues. Will go again for a small drive in the night and will let you know the results.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:11   #102
BANNED

You were lucky.,...

Quote:
dev,
Amazing it is when dealing with TASS! last night when I reached my friend's place (about 2 kms from my office), diesel got over! We went to get some diesel and since it was late, I got back home via Airport for a TD. Issues were the heating of the brakes (again)! I called up the TASS and they promised to come in morning to my place. They have fixed it and I had a small TD without any issues. Will go again for a small drive in the night and will let you know the results.
The fuel was at the red mark yesterday but I didnt expect it to run dry so soon, anyway, good that you were at Airport Road where you have 24 hour pumps.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:23   #103
Senior - BHPian

Tejas, I'm shocked to learn that this is a January 2009 vehicle that is being passed on to you in May! Where was the vehicle all this while, I'm sure the demand for 4x4 Safaris is not that low?

I'm not being a damp squib here but I hope that you don't keep facing fresh issues every day!!!

Last edited by suman : 14th July 2009 at 11:25.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tejas, I'm shocked to learn that this is a January 2009 vehicle that is being passed on to you in May! Where was the vehicle all this while, I'm sure the demand for 4x4 Safaris is not that low?

I'm not being a damp squib here but I hope that you don't keep facing fresh issues every day!!!
I know that! Well needless to say, I was stupid enough not to have a PDI. It also depends on the situation that I was in then and hence didn't really care much about it.
The EX 4x4 is not a model that sells the most. I think that people either go for LX or VX4x2/VX 4x4.
I have a basic doubt: Does the VIN number reflect the day actually the chassis was built or the day when the Vehicle was made ready to drive? I think that it is the latter but just wanted to know if I am still wrong.
I have spoken to the dealer yesterday and to the Tata Sales Head too. He was a little surprised. I hope that I will get a call today from the dealers.
However this issue has been escalated already as the TASS in the morning asked me if I had lodged a complaint with the dealers about it.
I am trying to get some info about my vehicle's PDI and more papers. I hope that I will get it by this weekend.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the VIN number reflect the day actually the chassis was built or the day when the Vehicle was made ready to drive? I think that it is the latter but just wanted to know if I am still wrong.
Correct - it is the batch/date when the vehicle is ready to be driven.

Most Viewed