Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 11:46   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Correct - it is the batch/date when the vehicle is ready to be driven.
Last night when I had spoken to the sales exec, he had tried to fool me by telling me that it was the chassis date, but I was adamant on me being right. I told him that I have been fooled enough now and he can't try more. He just kept quite.
Anyways, even if I do not get a refund or anything I am OK as long as it doesn't give me any more problems. I don't think that it will after last night's TD. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:53   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Anyways, even if I do not get a refund or anything I am OK as long as it doesn't give me any more problems. I don't think that it will after last night's TD. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Ya, I can understand your feelings. I'm just pissed with what I hear about this Concorde at regular intervals - I'm surprised that they're so blatantly out to pull the wool over their customers eyes and yet, they're still going strong!
Old 15th July 2009, 09:12   #108
BANNED

Howz it doin now??

Quote:
dev,
I had a small TD without any issues. Will go again for a small drive in the night and will let you know the results.
Hi bantejas,
Did you check your truck yesterday last evening?? Any updates, issues, concerns???

I have my fingers crossed.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

Ah, Dev, you beat me to it!

Was going to ask the same set of questions to Tejas!

Tejas, update please.

And who is the smart alec sales executive that you are dealing with over there?
Old 15th July 2009, 10:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi bantejas,
Did you check your truck yesterday last evening?? Any updates, issues, concerns???

I have my fingers crossed.
I did and I found no issues with the truck. It was very smooth and for some reason found a little better than before the chassis change. The suspension too looks fine. For some reason, my wife is not that comfortable with driving it but she still took it to office today. Some how I am pressurizing the Concorde Dealers to give me a replacement truck after selling this one and paying the difference amount. I know that it will not work, but lets see if it does.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ah, Dev, you beat me to it!

Was going to ask the same set of questions to Tejas!

Tejas, update please.

And who is the smart alec sales executive that you are dealing with over there?
HappyWheels,
I spoke to a person called Srinivas there. He too got a blast the day before yesterday. People are horrible. When there's a problem and if you call from your mobile, they don't pick it up. If you call from a land line then they do!
Old 15th July 2009, 10:33   #112
Team-BHP Support

bantejas, if you want a replacement, you have to go to court. Since your vehicle is not even 6 months old, and you have proof of all replacements, your case is solid.
So if you really want a replacement, go to court. Neither Tata or Concorde will give you replacement no matter what you do or who you talk to.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:50   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
bantejas, if you want a replacement, you have to go to court. Since your vehicle is not even 6 months old, and you have proof of all replacements, your case is solid.
So if you really want a replacement, go to court. Neither Tata or Concorde will give you replacement no matter what you do or who you talk to.
tsk,
It is difficult for us to roam around in the court for the same. I will still explore the option and see what can be done about it. Let me just speak to them and find out if something can be done by selling this car and getting me a new car with the diff amount paid.
One more doubt I have: If suppose I want to sell this beast at some point of time, won't I be getting far too less for the truck because of the manufacturing defect?
Old 15th July 2009, 10:52   #114
Team-BHP Support

Since chasis replacement is done mostly when there is a big accident, and since the service record will show this change, the future buyer will offer you much less than a normal safari will get.
Thats why if you don't want to go the litigation route, get all the defective parts replaced, and then keep the car for long time.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:56   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Since chasis replacement is done mostly when there is a big accident, and since the service record will show this change, the future buyer will offer you much less than a normal safari will get.
Thats why if you don't want to go the litigation route, get all the defective parts replaced, and then keep the car for long time.
How long is a long time? 5 yrs? By that time, since the extended warranty would have expired I will anyways get a lower price. Anyways, my plan is to keep it for some where aroud 3 yrs or run about a lakh or more kms and then sell it off. Will I be still hit then?
Old 15th July 2009, 11:08   #116
Team-BHP Support

As you log in kms, the impact will diminish. For example lets say you sold after 1 year, you will feel a lot of impact
But if you sold after 1 lakh kms, the impact would be much less.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How long is a long time? 5 yrs?
Keep it for long time and as you said 1Lakh or more kms or until the warranty(4yrs).

Please confirm if the RC book has been updated with the NEW CHASSIS number.

Quote:
But if you sold after 1 lakh kms, the impact would be much less.
Tanveer, I would agree on this statement.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:21   #118
BHPian

chassis num un-changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Keep it for long time and as you said 1Lakh or more kms or until the warranty(4yrs).

Please confirm if the RC book has been updated with the NEW CHASSIS number.
They have given me a chassis with the old number itself. I'd have kept the car there it self and forgotten about my money if the chassis number had changed!
Old 15th July 2009, 12:23   #119
Senior - BHPian

I hope that after this Chassis replacement everything will work fine and you will enjoy your vehicle.

Till now I used to think that Concord is one of the better dealers and that was the reason I bought from them even after taking countless test drives from Prerna on Outer Ring Road and that too when when Prerna offered some more freebees and Concord was not willing to negotiate any discount or goodies except footmat and mud flaps.

But this story left me dumbfounded ,thanks to T-BHP check list I checked and rechecked multiple times before invoice was made and verfied VIN number. I remember same person Srinivas dealt with me and after spending some good 2 hours in yard with me he said sir we don't cheat at concord but today I realize how hollow that statement was.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:30   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have given me a chassis with the old number itself. I'd have kept the car there it self and forgotten about my money if the chassis number had changed!
How is this possible to give the chassis of same number ???

When a new chassis is prepared at the factory a unique number will be given to each chassis to track it, correct if i am wrong.

Most Viewed