Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 00:34   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
How is the sound? If its kinda "kichuk, kichuk", it could be because seat covers will be settling down.

When seat covers were installed in my Linea, for a week that kichuk kichuk sound came. 1st 2 days I was worried but then thought it'll go away when the covers settle itself & sure it went away.
The "kichuk, kichuk" is also happening but once in a while. This sound is almost consistent like "tik, tik, tik"
Old 4th September 2009, 00:43   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
The "kichuk, kichuk" is also happening but once in a while. This sound is almost consistent like "tik, tik, tik"
Check everything suggested on "Did you Know? thread on rattles & wait for 3-4 days. My logic always is to let such things die its natural death. If it does not, then get her to TASS
Old 4th September 2009, 21:06   #138
BHPian

Today morning before taking the car for a drive I checked the rear parcel tray, rear arm rest and adjusted (pulled it up and put it back) the sun curtain. After this the rattling sound seemed to have stopped !!!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions !!!
Old 4th September 2009, 21:21   #139
BHPian

Guys,
I have some questions regarding the car. Please help:
1. In the feature list it is mentioned that Linea has dual horn. How do we change the horn type?
2. The clutch has a free ply for 2-3 cms after which it gets harder (where it gets engaged). Is it ok to keep the clutch pressed within the free ply region. Because of the long clutch in Linea I am finding it difficult to release it fully in most of the seat positions.
3. In certain FM stations I hear lot of static from the ICE. I did not have this issue with my ICE in the Santro. Any setting in the Equalizer will help reduce it?
Old 5th September 2009, 00:57   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I have some questions regarding the car. Please help:
1. In the feature list it is mentioned that Linea has dual horn. How do we change the horn type?
2. The clutch has a free ply for 2-3 cms after which it gets harder (where it gets engaged). Is it ok to keep the clutch pressed within the free ply region. Because of the long clutch in Linea I am finding it difficult to release it fully in most of the seat positions.
3. In certain FM stations I hear lot of static from the ICE. I did not have this issue with my ICE in the Santro. Any setting in the Equalizer will help reduce it?
1. Dual horns mean- two horns. That will result in a louder horn than a single horn. It does not mean horns with two different types of pitch!
2. The clutch is hydraulic. Anyway, you're not supposed to press the clutch even a bit while normal driving.

Last edited by firstguri : 5th September 2009 at 01:00.
Old 5th September 2009, 05:44   #141
BANNED

@firstguri Dual Horns are made of two tones .Low and High which gives the ringing effect when you press the horn button .
Cars with two horns such as Santro , Accent , SX4 , City , Civic etc .Well most are dual horn cars these days .I believe since these type of horn are more shrill and get attention of other road users easily.
Cars with single horn such as M800 , WagonR, Estilo .Mostly Maruti gives single horn .Single horns are more easy on the ears thus difficult to get other's attention using them in India.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:23   #142
BHPian

Went for another trip to Mysore. Visited Gosayi Ghat and Balmuri Falls (both Kaveri river). Top speed for 130kmph. Average speed was 40kmph. Mileage was 18kmpl.

Though the car was very stable at 130kmph, I was not comfortable going beyond this speed. I don't know how Satya and others are feeling comfortable at speeds of 180kmph !!!
Old 7th September 2009, 12:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though the car was very stable at 130kmph, I was not comfortable going beyond this speed. I don't know how Satya and others are feeling comfortable at speeds of 180kmph !!!
Give some more time to get fully accustomed to your car and its road dynamics. I have gone till 160 and was very very comfortable at that speed. Could have pushed more but there is no space on highways around Delhi full with trucks

Hope you are enjoying the car.
Old 7th September 2009, 12:53   #144
BHPian

During the Mysore trip I completed 1000 kms. Currently Odo reading is 1200 kms. Average mileage in city is 12 kmpl. Hoping it will increase to 14-15 kmpl as it has for others !!!
Old 7th September 2009, 14:58   #145
BHPian

Do you still feel that the car is underpowered?
Old 7th September 2009, 15:20   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Do you still feel that the car is underpowered?
Yes, in second gear, you need to rev it a lot to go uphill. It is also not the fastest of the blocks at signals. My Santro can accelerate faster !!!
Old 7th September 2009, 15:35   #147
Shivashara

Quote:
During the Mysore trip I completed 1000 kms. Currently Odo reading is 1200 kms. Average mileage in city is 12 kmpl. Hoping it will increase to 14-15 kmpl as it has for others !!!
What is your average speed in the city where you are getting 12Kmpl.?

Old 7th September 2009, 15:43   #148
BHPian

The one thing I don't like about the Linea apart from the GC is there is virtually no good cup/bottle holders in the front. The one next to the gears is too small and shallow. You cannot keep a water bottle as it comes in the way of the central console. Is there any after market bottle holder accessory available that can be fitted to the Linea? Main criteria is it should not look out of place and should match the interiors of the car. If yes, please let me know where I can buy it?

Last edited by achinthg : 7th September 2009 at 15:46.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:38   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@firstguri Dual Horns are made of two tones .Low and High which gives the ringing effect when you press the horn button .
Cars with two horns such as Santro , Accent , SX4 , City , Civic etc .Well most are dual horn cars these days .I believe since these type of horn are more shrill and get attention of other road users easily.
Cars with single horn such as M800 , WagonR, Estilo .Mostly Maruti gives single horn .Single horns are more easy on the ears thus difficult to get other's attention using them in India.
Dual horns are more audible, that you are correct but what I was trying to say is that there aren't two different types of pitch that we can control. I think that is what the OP was confused about. And here's what I found on the net:
In dual horns, one horn with a low pitch is blended with another horn with a high pitch. These horns, although operated electrically, produce a sound closely resembling that of an air horn. The sound frequency of the low-pitch horn is controlled by a long air column and the high-pitch hornsound frequency is controlled by a short air column. The air column is formed by the projector and a spiral passage cast into the base of the horn.
Old 9th September 2009, 00:03   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
What is your average speed in the city where you are getting 12Kmpl.?
The speed is around 20kmph. Too much traffic and too many speed breakers in Bangalore !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks