Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 11:23   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
While driving today I noticed that when the car stalled (still getting used to the Linea clutch) and I tried to start again, I couldn't turn it back on till I turned the key to off position, before turning it on. I know this is to prevent double cranking but it is very irritating because when your car stops in heavy traffic, cars behind you are honking and it takes time to go back to off position and start again. Is there any work around for this?
Yup, there is one best workaround, dont stall your car in the traffic, practice the clutch and master it.

P.S. - Just kidding, no offences meant.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:13   #92
BHPian

I have got CR-70 for the windshield and CS-20 for windows and rear. Will post pictures soon !!!
Old 24th August 2009, 21:56   #93
BHPian

I already see some swirls and scratches on my car Please suggest a good product to remove them? Or should I opt for 3M swirl and scratch removal service?
Old 26th August 2009, 00:12   #94
BHPian

Found this product on ebay India: eBay India: Car Polisher MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK NEW AS BEFORE+100%Money (item 290342342450 end time 29-Aug-2009 17:58:51 IST)

Let me know if anyone has used this and would it be a good buy?
Old 26th August 2009, 14:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have been looking at this for months. But have not got it

Actually this is a rotary polisher it can burn the paint if used carelessly.

there are two types of polishers
1. dual action orbital polisher ( which is the safest)
2, orbital polisher

the previous is harmless on paint. the second one have to be used only by trained persons. this is the thing that 3M guys use for surface refinement. Worth a try if u want to master things

Last edited by geeash : 26th August 2009 at 14:30.
Old 26th August 2009, 20:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have been looking at this for months. But have not got it

Actually this is a rotary polisher it can burn the paint if used carelessly.

there are two types of polishers
1. dual action orbital polisher ( which is the safest)
2, orbital polisher

the previous is harmless on paint. the second one have to be used only by trained persons. this is the thing that 3M guys use for surface refinement. Worth a try if u want to master things
Ashwin, thanks for the info. Can you tell me where I can buy this dual action orbital polisher and what the cost is?
Old 28th August 2009, 21:20   #97
BHPian

Guys,
I observed that even if you close any of the AC vents and if the fan speed it set to high, air still comes from the vents. Is this common to all Lineas or is there is problem with my car. Please check and let me know.
Old 28th August 2009, 21:49   #98
Shivashara

Quote:
Guys,
I observed that even if you close any of the AC vents and if the fan speed it set to high, air still comes from the vents. Is this common to all Lineas or is there is problem with my car. Please check and let me know
Man keep discovering, there will be lot of new things to discover because you have opted a very different car than a usual one and welcome to the world called Lineans

Old 29th August 2009, 00:20   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,
I observed that even if you close any of the AC vents and if the fan speed it set to high, air still comes from the vents. Is this common to all Lineas or is there is problem with my car. Please check and let me know.
Yes. Because AC vents can not get fully closed. Thats how they're designed
Old 29th August 2009, 08:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin, thanks for the info. Can you tell me where I can buy this dual action orbital polisher and what the cost is?
At present it is not available in india. you can book online from any web site if you want but that will prove costly.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:05   #101
BHPian

Mysore trip with new sunfilms

As promised here are the photos from the Mysore trip. Also notice the new sun films - 3M CS 20 and CR 70 - cost Rs.11000/-

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01949.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01950.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01951.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01952.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01956.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01958.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01974.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01975.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01976.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01977.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01978.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc01979.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc02035.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc02038.jpg

Fiat Linea MJD: TD, Dealership & Ownership Reports-dsc02039.jpg
Old 31st August 2009, 00:10   #102
BHPian

Total distance travelled 310 kms, max speed 100km/hr - 2500 rpm. My most comfortable journey to Mysore ever except for grazing some speed breakers.

Tomorrow I am getting beige leather seats installed from Karlsson. Cost Rs.28000/-

Will post the photos soon...
Old 31st August 2009, 01:23   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Stay under 100kmph & under 2500rpm for running-in reasons.
Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
As for the drive dont cross 80kmph.
5th gear @80kmph gives max mileage and good run in
Linea has no running in period. I dont know who or where has this thing started in Team-BHP. When the manufacturer who has engineered and produced the product, has made no mention of it anywhere then who are we to assume that the engine needs running in? Due to the modern munufacturing methods and bench testing almost all modern cars have already run-in engines before they're bolted on to the frames. And dont you guys think that if any running in was actually required then Fiat would have been the first one to tell us to do so rather than Team-BHP members? It's a different matter that the engine will over a period of time free up more and rev up a little easily, but that should not be confused with break-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes achinth,
After 1st service you can feel a smoothness in engine noise and gear shift and some power increase.
I have felt this after first service though i haven't changed the Engine Oil.
Once engine settles you can feel the change abruptly.
Well I've felt absolutely no change in power, noise and gear shift after the first service. Even we have not got the engine oil changed. It still pulls away as cleanly as it did on the first day, still makes as much noise as on the first day and gear slots in as perfectly as it did on the first day! The thing that has changed in our case is the increased FE, nothing else apart from that.

Quote:
While driving today I noticed that when the car stalled (still getting used to the Linea clutch) and I tried to start again, I couldn't turn it back on till I turned the key to off position, before turning it on. I know this is to prevent double cranking but it is very irritating because when your car stops in heavy traffic, cars behind you are honking and it takes time to go back to off position and start again. Is there any work around for this?
No there's no way around it. Diesel engines have glow plugs to heat up the combustion air before starting. So maybe double crank protection is provided for the purpose. But it's just my assumption. I recall that Ford Ikon 1.6 also had it; not sure about other petrols.

Quote:
I went to Mysore and back today. Left at 9 AM and returned at 7:30 PM. 4 adults and 1 kid. Travelled a distance of 310 kms. Mainly travelled around 80km/h speed going to 100km/h couple of times. RPM was 1800 to 2000 going to 2500 couple of times.

Ride was great expect for one issue - speed breakers. My Linea grazed most of the speed breakers. Is there some way to overcome this by:
1. Increasing tyre pressure? What is the optimum tyre pressure for a city with too many unscientific speed humps?
2. Will filling nitrogen instead of normal air help?
3. Will going for tyre size upgrade help?
4. Is there a driving technique which will avoid this grazing?

Guys need your help to resolve this very troubling issue !!!

Apart from these drive was very comfortable. Everyone had a comfortable journey and were not tired and with no aches. ACC was great. Only GC !!! Need help guys and quick !!! Please !!!!
1. Over inflating will slightly increase GC but will also result in hampering the tyres, ride and handling.

2. Nitrogen will have no affect on GC! But c'mon, you dont need an Einstein's brain to figure that out, but no offence meant.

3. Tyre plus sizing can help but you have to be careful so as to not affect the overall diameter too much.

4. I read once in Autocar India that the best way to negotiate a speedbreaker is to slow down before and then accelerate over it. This helps in reducing the bounce.

Quote:
I had heard that Fiat accessories has 17" alloys in one of the thread. I would like to hear opinions from the experts on this.
Usually with rim plus sizing there is a corresponding change in the tyre size as well! But I'm not sure about it in this case but that is what's generally done so as to maintain the same overall diameter. So it might or might not increase the GC.

Quote:
Guys,
Actually the vents are pretty old school with no volume control and vents do shut tight, but air leaks from around the vents and not through them.
Old 31st August 2009, 06:59   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow I am getting beige leather seats installed from Karlsson. Cost Rs.28000/-
I am coming to bangalore on sept 3-6 is there any possibility that i can place a order for seats at karlsson and get it fitted there within that time?. kindly mail me the contact info of karlsson
Old 31st August 2009, 07:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations brother..! I really liked the pics of your car..Would like to see the interior pics after you install leather seats

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks