Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 12:06   #136
BHPian

Very good pricing from Toyota, it's sure to become the dominant player in the segment.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:07   #137
Senior - BHPian

O - M - G !!! That pricing is indeed going to be a real nightmare to HONDA and Chevrolet.

Insane pricing !! Kudos Toyota !! A real VFM for 20Lakh odd on road.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:07   #138
Senior - BHPian

18.45 lakhs is close to 20 lakhs on road, which is quite competitive for me compared with Camry. Big negative for me: no automatic. Perhaps will consider it if automatic and prices go down a bit (previous year model, discounts, etc).
Old 24th August 2009, 12:12   #139
Senior - BHPian

cracker pricing! this one's going to be a hit!

However, to me it still makes more sense buying an innova. I know I have no use for a 4wd system daily, and the interiors look alike. Infact I could get an innova and a gypsy for hardcore offroading for less!

cheers
Old 24th August 2009, 12:12   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
18.45L for Fortuner is a slap in the face for Pajero and Captiva. Way to go Toyota, that's great pricing compared to all other lesser SUVs in the market.

The on-road price in Karnataka will be Rs.23.3L...
Well at this pricing I am pretty sure that all other SUV's in the price range would soon be history.
Though Fortuner might not have all the bells and whistles but it would be thoroughly reliable and backed by great customer service.
Honda is feeling the heat now, CRV would be killed, Altis is eating Civic day by day and Skoda Superb is feasting on Accord.
The only bread earner for Honda would now be the City. Wish they price the upcoming refreshed City realistically now.
Way to go Toyota !!!
Old 24th August 2009, 12:17   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
@ Samurai - 23.3??? How much is the Pajero in Bangalore then- 25.5???
Oops! It would be 22.25L including road tax and insurance. Missed a decimal point in my excitement.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:20   #142
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
LAUNCHED! All prices ex-showroom Delhi:

Fortuner : 18.45
Pajero : 20.64
Endeavour : 17.38 (3.0 4x4 variant)
Captiva : 21.50 (AWD variant)

AWESOME pricing, superb value for a Toyota 4x4 SUV. Heck, this makes the Pajero & Captiva seem overpriced. I'm glad that Toyota has priced the Fortuner realistically, and not gone overboard with the Toyota badge (as Honda did with the Jazz). To most potential customers, the Fortuner becomes a no-brainer at this price.
Further to my previous post, the Fortuner seems like value even compared to the Grand Vitara (16.67 lakhs), which is the cheapest premium 4x4 SUV in the market. I mean, for 1.8 lakhs more, you get a 3.0 diesel (diesel alone is worth a lakh more) in a larger SUV. And then, there's all the good stuff that comes with the Toyota badge.

Job well done. Made my monday.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post

The Fortuner comes with full time 4WD.
That to my mind, is its one drawback, that it does not have a 2wd mode. Be interesting to see the FE it returns in the real world running 4wd all the time.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:25   #144
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing toyota, did the right thing by not going too much with toyota badge and what now needs to see is other suv's facing the heat with fortuner.Captiva, pajero and new Endy surly looks overpriced and Honda CR-V would be affected the most by this.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:28   #145
Team-BHP Support

Wow. Am pleasantly surprised at the pricing. Good work by Toyota. This is going to cause many sleepless nights to Mitsubishi with their Pajero and Outlander as well as Ford and Chevrolet.

3L Diesel with 4WD fully loaded with features. Just amazing VFM.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:30   #146
BHPian

Awesome pricing by Toyota. Beats the competition hands down. Let the queues begin!!!!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Pajero should not be affected.Otherwise why should Mitsubishi retain both Outlander and Pajero at same price points?Pajero is purchased only by enthusiasts for whom nothing else will do.I.M.O the Outlander,C.R.V and Captiva will be busted.
The "Pajero" being sold in India is a very outdated model. The Montero in India is the actual Pajero everywhere else in the world. If you compare the Pajero & Fortuner, why would someone want to buy an old discontinued model of Pajero for the same price as the new model of the Fortuner which is being sold everywhere?

Last edited by wheeler : 24th August 2009 at 12:44. Reason: Replied to a post that was posted after I posted my post.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:32   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Decent pricing. All though I wish it were a lakh cheaper and at par with 3.0 Endy.
So only one variant being launched? Rumors claimed two variants at launch?
And agent just informed that bookings are already on 5 month wait? Seems unreal but I think I'm ready to put my money down after a TD. Hope Mumbai dealers will get TD vehicles this week.

Last edited by Sahil : 24th August 2009 at 12:35.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:32   #148
BHPian

PUNE PRICING

20 lacs ex-showroom. OTR will be close to 23

Pune launch tomorrow. I will be getting a call today to confirm the launch timing.

I am going. Anyone else planning to go .. you can ping me.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:35   #149
BHPian

Pajero should not be affected.Otherwise why should Mitsubishi retain both Outlander and Pajero at same price points?Pajero is purchased only by enthusiasts for whom nothing else will do.I.M.O the Outlander,C.R.V and Captiva will be busted.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:35   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Infact I could get an innova and a gypsy for hardcore offroading for less!

cheers
If parking at home is not a constrait, that is truly a better alternative! The other advantage in doing this is that you can baby the Innova and thrash the Gypsy. A lot easier than you could the Fortuner, having paid the price it asks. And both would be very reliable cars, just as reliable as the Fortuner.
For all it offers, and if you need to move the load it can take, the Innova is one of the best cars in the market today in terms of VFM.
@freewheelburning - I tend to agree with you re the Pajero, but HM needs to make some smart moves to reinforce its cult status. The dumbest thing they can do is to drop the price, having done the dumb thing of raising it in the last 12 months or so!

Last edited by Sawyer : 24th August 2009 at 12:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks