Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 15:29   #181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Have you TDed both. Atleast to compare "Stiffness" of a suspension ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That statement indicates you had driven Fortuner- have you?
My friend in Qatar drives Fortuner. While his collegue drives a CRV. Both agree on the short comings either of these. And if they were to buy again, they make the same choice again.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
My friend in Qatar drives Fortuner. While his collegue drives a CRV. Both agree on the short comings either of these. And if they were to buy again, they make the same choice again.
Is there a 7 lacs price difference in Qatar as well?
Old 24th August 2009, 15:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I guess one of them likes going off the beaten track while the other just drives to the supermarket?
Old 24th August 2009, 15:59   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Is there a 7 lacs price difference in Qatar as well?
Not 7lakhs. But between 4~4.5lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I guess one of them likes going off the beaten track while the other just drives to the supermarket?
Could be my friend likes to jump off the cliff. While his collegue like to drive up the cliff.

Last edited by diabloo : 24th August 2009 at 16:01.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:02   #185
Senior - BHPian

Actually, on the open highways, the new CRV can go a lot quicker, more safely and comfortably than any other SUV in that price range, Fortuner included. The latest CRV drives as well as a sedan. It is just the recent price increases that have made it unviable. At the Rs 22/24 lakhs on road price point, it was a very good package.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:02   #186
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

fair point.
so how much does 18.38 lac ex Showroom BLR become in terms of OTR BLR?
add about 2-2.5 lacs atleast - say about 20.5 to 21 OTR BLR?
Still very expensive by my standards.
but as far as I am concerned the silly old CRV, Captiva and other wannabes can roll over and expire!
I think the Fortuner will squash the competition completely with its genetic make-up and tough pedigree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
The website shows 18.38 lakhs in Bangalore, ex-showroom. Excellent pricing .

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th August 2009 at 16:05.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:05   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Actually, on the open highways, the new CRV can go a lot quicker, more safely and comfortably than any other SUV in that price range, Fortuner included. The latest CRV drives as well as a sedan. It is just the recent price increases that have made it unviable. At the Rs 22/24 lakhs on road price point, it was a very good package.
Making an SUV starting from a car's platform and then trying and making it handle like car in the process loosing the SUV bit... how stupid can it be? If I want dynamics, why do I want an SUV at first place?
Old 24th August 2009, 16:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The latest CRV drives as well as a sedan. It is just the recent price increases that have made it unviable. At the Rs 22/24 lakhs on road price point, it was a very good package.
You are correct, but, even at 22/24 On-road, why would people buy a CRV for its sedan-like capabilities? There are so many better sedans available. IMHO.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:16   #189
BANNED

Pricing is ok but there's a catch, Toyota are adamant on selling accessories worth 1.5L on initial Fortuners. Local dealer says company has made it mandatory, I lambasted both the company & the dealer for this.
Toyota seems to have learned this bad habit from Maruti. With 1.5L waste of accessories, Fortuner is no more a sweet deal.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:18   #190
BHPian

Had a talk with my dealer. He says already booked solid till December or may be January. Only manual for now but AT will be launched shortly (cant give any time frame).

And perhaps the best news : Local assembly of Camry may start next year (when Toyota's new plant goes on stream.)
Now that will give a very tough fight to Superb and Accord.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:24   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You are correct, but, even at 22/24 On-road, why would people buy a CRV for its sedan-like capabilities? There are so many better sedans available. IMHO.
It is as good as any sedan at the price. In addition it gives you a better view, scenic and of the developing traffic, better ground clearance, more internal flexibility for people/luggage combinations, easier ingress/egress, and the pose value of a SUV. For what that is worth to you maybe the last does not count, but lots of people buy SUVs for pose value. At its price point, it does exactly what the BMW X5 does at its point.
And a lot of them were sold at that price, which sort of clinches the argument, don't you agree?
Old 24th August 2009, 16:26   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At its price point, it does exactly what the BMW X5 does at its point.
And a lot of them were sold at that price, which sort of clinches the argument, don't you agree?
Nope, I don't agree . But TEHO.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Pricing is ok but there's a catch, Toyota are adamant on selling accessories worth 1.5L on initial Fortuners. Local dealer says company has made it mandatory, I lambasted both the company & the dealer for this.
Toyota seems to have learned this bad habit from Maruti. With 1.5L waste of accessories, Fortuner is no more a sweet deal.
. It is not like Toyota to pull a stunt like this, and if they have really done this, egg on all our faces, including theirs!
Old 24th August 2009, 16:28   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes but not for car like handling or dynamics!
Old 24th August 2009, 16:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Yes but not for car like handling or dynamics!
I was impressed when I drove it. I did not buy it because I was just coming off a 2004 CRV and wanted a change. And I remember that Karthikeyan had rated it very highly, above some sedans I cannot recall...let me check my book rack. Here we are - above the Fiesta 1.6 S, the Civic and the Cedia. Decent handling cars, that lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks