Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 19:01   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
Here are some of the pictures of my brand new baby.
Looks like you went in for the chrome-accessories package that was so hotly discussed on this thread a couple of pages back.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:03   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
For interior pics, refer to Innova thread

Quote:
Here are couple more of the interior pictures. I agree that the interior was a bit letdown , but happy with the overall package. Three years in the waiting for this one helluva SUV. Phew !!!!!!
Acutally not that bad. Only if you take a scopic look at center console it resembles Innova, otherwise ok. The back view from driver seat is totally different, infact its good.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:17   #333
Senior - BHPian

Great looking beast. Congrats! The chrome bits on the rear look a bit tacky in my opinion.

Last edited by Gilead : 31st August 2009 at 19:19.
Old 31st August 2009, 19:38   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you went in for the chrome-accessories package that was so hotly discussed on this thread a couple of pages back.
Correction... Looks like my Dad went in for the chrome package. I think i would have got rid of the chrome package if i was there back in India

Right now i am in Sydney drooling over the pictures and biting away my time to get myself behind the driving wheel
Old 31st August 2009, 19:57   #335
BANNED

Fort

Wow...nice pics...Fortuner does look smart in white. When did your father book it?
Cheers
Dilip
Old 31st August 2009, 20:10   #336
BHPian

With all those accessories kit for Fortuner, Toyota has left no stone unturned to make money off this much awaited SUV.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:10   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Wow...nice pics...Fortuner does look smart in white. When did your father book it?
Cheers
Dilip
Thanks buddy. The guys from the cochin nippon toyota called Dad up by mid june ( i think it is the same time as you mentioned when they called you up) and said booking had started and if he was to get hold of the first one , he would have to come down soon enough as Nippon Toyota already had couple more bookings confirmed.

By sheer luck, when those guys called Dad up , he was on his way to cochin. He gave them a visit and wrote them a cheque for 3 lakhs and Voila , the Fortuner was booked

Last edited by rijo_tj : 31st August 2009 at 20:28.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:50   #338
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere that they Toyota have confirmed booking's for 3100 vehicles. If that true than 3100 X 20 lacs approx per vehicle comes to a whooping 620 crores!!!
And they say that India is effected by the ongoing world recession and money is in short supply etc etc!!!
Long live India and long live Indians!!!

Quote:
Thanks buddy. The guys from the cochin nippon toyota called Dad up by mid june ( i think it is the same time as you mentioned when they called you up) and said booking had started and if he was to get hold of the first one , he would have to come down soon enough as Nippon Toyota already had couple more bookings confirmed.

By sheer luck, when those guys called Dad up , he was on his way to cochin. He gave them a visit and wrote them a cheque for 3 lakhs and Voila , the Fortuner was booked
Congrats buddy!!! The vehicle is great and and white looks very nice and aristocratic!!! Great going!!!
Old 31st August 2009, 21:14   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy!!! The vehicle is great and and white looks very nice and aristocratic!!! Great going!!!

Thanks buddy !!!!!
Old 31st August 2009, 21:30   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Saw a silver one on road, did not look as imposing as the Endy. pretty plain jane too.
Toyota's reputation is/will drive sales. Otherwise, I find it a little overated or maybe its the initial euphoria.
Felt the same too. I saw a new black Fortuner here in the HSR Layout, Bangalore and and I felt that it's footprint is not as huge everyone made it out to be. Also, I didn't like how the rear of the vehicle looked as compared to the front.

I saw a white Endeavour on ORR 2,3 minutes after that and it did nothing but confirm what I just felt.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:00   #341
Senior - BHPian

rijo; I think you should start a new thread.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:09   #342
Senior - BHPian

Toyota's Fortuner a huge hit...bookings closed for now!!

Toyota's newly launched sports utility vehicle Fortuner has been a massive hit with 3,100 orders. Meanwhile, considering the rush, the company has stopped taking further orders for the next seven months.Elaborating on the huge demand, Toyota Kirloskar Motor's Marketing Deputy Managing Director Sandeep Singh said they have asked the dealers not to take further orders from customers for the next seven months.The demand for the new car is such that the company has a backlog of customers willing to buy it. Though at the moment, it is just registering the names of interested clients and is revving up the production to meet the growing demand.Throwing light on this, Singh said that they can assemble 550 Fortuners per month and are working to touch the 600 mark. Source:Toyota's Fortuner a huge hit, booking closed for now- Hindustan Times

Last edited by theragingbull : 31st August 2009 at 23:17.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:28   #343
BANNED

This vehicle suits if bought in addition to a luxury sedan, sole buy would deprive one of the luxury!

Also, I do not see the end of Endy. with this, Pajero shall be severly affected.

If Toyota can't deal with the nos. thumbs down to them. Afterall dearth of vehicles is not expected from the World's leading carmaker. Where is their research & logistics department? Or has the design deparments philosophy rubbed on them!

More demand for Fortuner is going to come from smaller towns, where Toyota is spelt as "Toyta"!
Old 31st August 2009, 23:34   #344
Senior - BHPian

Wow imagine that, seems like a lesson for all the auto manufacturers to launch the right stuff at the right price and make everyone happy.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:45   #345
Senior - BHPian

The fortuner has made good fortune for Toyota. Already seen 5 on road till today.
Is it Bye Bye endeavor?
Looks like Ford needs an endeavor to climb the Everest soon.
Get the new endeavor fast.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st August 2009 at 23:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks