Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 23:00   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

I think its not fair to compare Fortuner to a CRV as anybuyer who is not confused and is looking for a rugged diesel Suv wont consider a CRV.Fortuner will surely kill Endeavour and Pajero.
Old 24th August 2009, 23:57   #227
BHPian

Thanks for the review jyobeb! Looks like Innova in few pics! Toyota, diesel & 7 seater seems to be the USP here! Now why can't the price it <15L?
Old 25th August 2009, 00:15   #228
BHPian

People will consider this against accord / supreb, but when they see the interiors, they will think thrice before having a decision.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:21   #229
BHPian

Several cars in the Indian market are overpriced. Its an old story and I am sure, Toyota management is NOT a bunch of amateurs.The segment they are targeting is worth huge potential.

I wanted to buy a diesel SUV and my budget was 15-20 L , and after considering Pajero and Endy , ended up buying Laura.I would have seriously considered Fortuner if it was available.I was even ready to go for an Endy eventhough its interior, especially gear lever was appalling.But in the end,its suspension was impossible for me to live with.

I know several people who are waiting for Suzuki GV diesel just because its a diesel and is in the 18-22L price range.

I am sure Fortuner will not disappoint Toyota until GV diesel and CRV diesel launches in India.

Last edited by artofzen : 25th August 2009 at 00:26.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:27   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Exactly what i was thinking. The Accord and Superb will definitely get affected.

A person looking out for a car in 20L segment will also consider the Fortuner along with Superb and Accord.

At superb petrol pricing you are getting a toyota SUV diesel which will appeal to a lot of buyers.

The percentage maybe only 10-20% buyers who instead of superb/accord went for fortuner but that will be enough to dent the sales as the numbers in this segment are anyways small.
Only if the people could differentiate between 2wd & 4wd.
Not only that but accord is crappy fwd & if the fortuner would be a 2wd it would be rwd.

I wonder if they would release the 4 liter v6 which is here in dubai.That is one kick A-s 4x4!.Its light & agile conquers dunes like on a straight road & if they did release what would be its price?? Or is it already there?
Old 25th August 2009, 00:30   #231
BHPian

Mind blowing and a head turner offcourse. Congratulations!! jyobeb.

Interiors are okay, but best is the all time 4WD. At 20lacs, this is a VFM.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:31   #232
BHPian

Now it would be really interesting to see how the diesel version of GV (Multijet?) would be priced. Same applies for the facelifted Endeavor as well. Honda being Honda will always price the CRV Diesel up there, that is if they ever launch the diesel version.

Toyota has indeed made the job tough for the competition now.
Old 25th August 2009, 08:08   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I have mentioned some in my earlier posts. Anyway, these are - front bull guard, side claddings, roof carrier, rear view mirror(bonnet), chrome on door handles, rear lights, etc.
This is intriguing, also because going by what the site says for accessories, other than the chromed door handles, none of the above are on the list on the site.
So that begs the question - are these Toyota accessories at all? And if they are not, it would be even more unlike Toyota to turn a blind eye to such a stunt by a dealer.
Something is missing in this picture.
Old 25th August 2009, 08:26   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
This is intriguing, also because going by what the site says for accessories, other than the chromed door handles, none of the above are on the list on the site.
So that begs the question - are these Toyota accessories at all? And if they are not, it would be even more unlike Toyota to turn a blind eye to such a stunt by a dealer.
Something is missing in this picture.
All these accessories are listed on the site. Please click different sub-tabs on the web page to see them. You can also find these listed in the accessory brochure that you can download from same site.
Old 25th August 2009, 08:35   #235
Senior - BHPian

Ah ok, I missed the subtabs. So what remains is the alleged mandatory nature of some of these. It now does look like dealer level exploitation, unless it persists into a common theme across the country.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:24   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
I am sure i am missing something here as accessories worth 1.5 L is totally bull unless they giving gold instead of chrome.
You're not missing anything here. It's truly and properly 1.5 lacs worth of garbage. I've seen all of these accessories, hence this comment.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th August 2009 at 10:02. Reason: spelling
Old 25th August 2009, 09:28   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
You're not missing anything here. It's truly and properly 1.5 lacs worth of garbage. I've seen all of these accessories, hence this comment.
So are you saying that one should add on 1.5 lakhs to the price? Maybe this is a gimmick that Toyota have figured out to reduce the incidence of excise duty and RTO tax on the car. Even if that is the case, it will backfire, and I still can't see that Toyota can be so shortsighted.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th August 2009 at 10:02. Reason: spelling
Old 25th August 2009, 09:33   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So are you saying that one should add on 1.5 lakhs to the price? Maybe this is a gimmick that Toyota have figured out to reduce the incidence of excise duty and RTO tax on the car. Even if that is the case, it will backfire, and I still can't see that Toyota can be so shortsighted.
Who said anything about adding on? You can opt for accessories worth Rs.1.5L which is absolutely of no use.

You have a choice as to which ones to go for or don't go for any.

Not even one accessory apart from the fender mirror is useful.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:34   #239
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree !! This is simply atrocious ! I would never want half those accessories even if they gave them free !!
Old 25th August 2009, 09:38   #240
Senior - BHPian

Now I am confused because of the two preceding posts - is the 18.40 price inclusive of any 1.5 lakh worth of accessories, or is it 19.9, and you get to choose any 1.5 lakh worth of accessories??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks