Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2009, 20:47   #121
Senior - BHPian

Since its your own pump why are you worried about FE ?
Old 29th October 2009, 21:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Update: 6000+ kms and going strong...
Wow, headers ! 6000+ kms in a little-over-2 months of ownership....wonderful ! Looks like you are really enjoying the STORMy drives .
Old 30th October 2009, 08:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Since its your own pump why are you worried about FE ?
When a vehicle performs beyond expectations it needs to be mentioned, right?

BTW, how do you manage with 2 petrol pumps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Wow, headers ! 6000+ kms in a little-over-2 months of ownership....wonderful ! Looks like you are really enjoying the STORMy drives .

Last edited by headers : 30th October 2009 at 08:19.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Update @ 6800 kms

FE hovers in 12.5 range. And I did something interesting today:

There is a flyover close to my place that Chennaiites would know [The Music Academy one].

Did the flyover starting from the Chola traffic light without using the accelarator!! The vehicle started and went over the apex of the flyover without me touching the accelarator!!

The torque is impressive even if there were 3 people on board!

Cheers
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:17   #125
Senior - BHPian

What did the people behind you have to say about that ?
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
What did the people behind you have to say about that ?
I'm sure he would have floored it after reaching the apex to get away from the unruly mob.
Old 11th December 2009, 07:35   #127
Senior - BHPian

Guys:

Update: Have crossed the 10K kms mark and vehicle due for 2nd service on Monday.

No issues so far and have managed an FE of 14.1 max!!!
Old 11th December 2009, 14:15   #128
Senior - BHPian

Hey is the bolero storm available in 4WD??
Old 11th December 2009, 14:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys:

Update: Have crossed the 10K kms mark and vehicle due for 2nd service on Monday.

No issues so far and have managed an FE of 14.1 max!!!
Sir, Please educate me on how to extract mileage like that. The max that I have extracted is 12.1 and the worst was 9kmpl.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:48   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anirudha,

Well I manage 12.xx most of the time. I did a Chennai - Bangalore - Pulivalam - Chennai last week and consumed 52 litres for a distance of 752 kms. Was amazed myself with the FE and that was the first time!!

Did 100-120 and touched 140 once while trying to show a smart qualis chap who is quicker!!

I generally do NOT stomp on the accelarator, but am gradual in its usage, and try not to cross 3000 RPM and it works!
Old 11th December 2009, 15:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Anirudha,

Well I manage 12.xx most of the time. I did a Chennai - Bangalore - Pulivalam - Chennai last week and consumed 52 litres for a distance of 752 kms. Was amazed myself with the FE and that was the first time!!

Did 100-120 and touched 140 once while trying to show a smart qualis chap who is quicker!!

I generally do NOT stomp on the accelarator, but am gradual in its usage, and try not to cross 3000 RPM and it works!
I guess I have got a heavy foot. The max on 52 Litres I have ever got was 610 odd Kms and that was around the 8k mark. Now that the vehicle is nearing 17k Kms, will try to do a long run and see . I generally cruise between 100-120 on the highway, but I guess my method of reaching there is quite different to yours. Also whenever I get some good space and tarmac, I try to hit 150kmph. I guess all this is resulting in exemplary FE for me
Old 14th December 2009, 21:10   #132
BHPian

Quote:
have managed an FE of 14.1 max!!!
Great going headers. FE of 14.1? With or without AC? I got 14 when I did B'lore-M'bai without A/C, that's why.

Quote:
Did the flyover starting from the Chola traffic light without using the accelarator!! The vehicle started and went over the apex of the flyover without me touching the accelarator!! The torque is impressive
I've been wanting to comment on this for quite sometime, but somehow missed out. Anyways, right after reading your post I'd tried out the same thing at my in laws' place - their house being slightly uphill, and it works! it's amazing to see the vehicle climb up the slope without any pressure on the accelator. I tried the same thing in the below stretch and barring a very bad section of the road and the concreted slope, 60-70% of the road I can cover on the torque alone.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Also whenever I get some good space and tarmac, I try to hit 150kmph.
People who don't know the 'Storm' well would be amused to hear such comments from a couple of Bolero owners. But this vehicle's power is so seductive and addictive... before every long drive I promise myself I won't cross 100 kmph but alas! some jerk or the other must butt in from the side or honk furiously from the back and it's enough to break my resolve.

P.S.: OT but still. As I got the better of a Verna and Innova today, couldn't help but wonder - Why is that people don't use engine braking when driving at high speeds? Is it 'out'? Is it dangerous? Am I one of the few 'oldies' who still use engine braking now?
Old 15th December 2009, 12:07   #133
Senior - BHPian

Hey MM, I always drive with AC on, idle, even if waiting for someone for 15 minutes, listen to audio, do all the wrong things etc etc..

I will get one pf the video guys to capture the incident again and post it here fyi.

He who does not use engine braking has no mind and he doesnt matter!

Cheers
Old 15th December 2009, 12:23   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Great going headers. FE of 14.1? With or without AC? I got 14 when I did B'lore-M'bai without A/C, that's why.
I met a Storm Owner in the workshop last Saturday and on asking him said that he gets about 14kmpl but he never drives over the 80-100 range and generally travels in the bad roads of Raichur district.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

OK Guys: Update: 11111 kms Just completed the 2nd free service yesterday. They changed all oils - engine, gb and differential oils on my request as i had thrashed the storm thru the recent chennai rains where we had waterways to traverse on. Vehicle feels smoother after service - they probably have tightened all loose bolts and the vehicle too. The only grouse I have is the front bumper lips keep coming off and the jokers have no clue how to fix that. Will probably find a solution on my own. Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks