Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 23:58   #16
BHPian

WOWWWWW!! looks awesome with the spoiler!! btw, i like the shade of the sunfilms, goes well with the body color!! is this Armorguard medium or another brand??
Old 9th September 2009, 03:09   #17
HKP
BHPian

congrats

Congrats man. Is it possible to put some more interior pics like back seat, Boot etc. I am outside india and this car is in my hotlist to buy after coming back. thanks.

\\hkp
Old 9th September 2009, 14:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase,why didn't you opt for Sports model,any reason?
Old 9th September 2009, 16:20   #19
BHPian

@shajux: I kinda thought you were near by when you mentioned the 3KM distance to tyre shop.

@raamki: The sunfilm was part of the free stuff, as per the sales guy, it is Lumax, Medium.

@hkp: Thanks, i will get a few pics taken tomorrow. This car is fun to drive.

@ramsagar: Thanks. This was going to be a family car and the Sports model did not enter our minds. If i was a little younger maybe things would have been different
Old 10th September 2009, 00:39   #20
BHPian

good stuff!! the sales person we were talking to @ Metro spoke about a brand called 'armorguard', which according to him was better than 3M. however, their heating gun was broken the day we went to get ours done. I was impatient and did not want to wait for another week, got it done from a Garware retailer the same day who has done an amazing job!! so, absolutely no regrets there!!

anyway, if you have reverse parking sensors in mind, whatever brand you opt for, ensure you ask for 'beige' colored sensors, thats the one we got (through Redsoul). The color is a perfect match with the platinum bumpers, looks so much more better than the conventional black ones.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:37   #21
BHPian

One Week after the Delivery

It has been one week since my Fiesta was delivered.
Have driven over 400KM and enjoyed every KM of it.
Did notice when the car is fully loaded (ie three adults in the rear) i did manage to scrape a speed breaker which i normally don't if its just me in the driver's seat.

Removed the plastic covers today and realized i need to get some seat covers asap.
I was planning for Stanley but that requires a large investment so plan to go for Art Leather.
Just checked out a friends Verna which he got done with Art leather it was quite impressive, it had cost him around 8K. well worth it IMHO.
I have also got some input from a Senior TeamBHPian (who happens to be sitting near me @ work) on where to head for some good work/pricing (thanks rjstyles)

A quick review of the stock Audio unit.
I was thinking of upgrading it but find this unit to be quite good for my needs. An option which was missing was the USB connectivity.
This got solved by getting a FM Transmitter. (this one i got from Hong Kong via a friend but saw the similar stuff on ebay.in).
The USB stick just plugs into the device and tune the Radio to the desired frequency. Presto we have music.
The disadvantage is a slight hum at certain times when interference is encountered.
The Aux port works wonders with the Ipod Nano 4G, just terrific sound output, the HU is just at 9 to 10 and one can enjoy their music collection on the go.

Here a few pics of the car with a view of the rear seat folded for extra trunk space.
While folding the seat i found a date code on them and on the seat belt.

Note: The pics have a slight pinkish tint as the White Balance was incorrectly set on the camera.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0001.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0002.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0004.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0005.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0007.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0009.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0012.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0015.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0016.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0017.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0019.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0021.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0022.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0023.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0027.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0029.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0032.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-fiesta10th_0034.jpg  

Old 10th September 2009, 16:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
i did manage to scrape a speed breaker which i normally don't if its just me in the driver's seat....Removed the plastic covers today and realized i need to get some seat covers asap.
...stock Audio unit. I was thinking of upgrading it but find this unit to be quite good for my needs.
Certain speed breakers in bangalore city are sure to scrape, specially with 5 adults on board. I spotted 3 on my regular and familiar routes, lowering the speed to stand-still saves my bottom now.

Fabric seats look like it will attract dirt too fast, but I am running for 45 days, so far no stains. Child shoe marks (not valid if you have an infant) should be wiped with a dry cloth as soon the trip is over, otherwise it will become a mark which can be cleared only with a detergent spray.

Stock HU is good enough for my liking too. If you are playing quality audio CDs (not MP3s), it will have a very good clarity and output for better listening. I thought of upgrading, but not for a while. May be the chinese speakers replaced with JBL or Pioneer could make a huge difference.

Btw, where did you get that 'Child on Board' stuff ? I never knew it has prints on both sides. Hope its not meant for the one who is driving . Do you find any difference in the attitude of people behind you with that sticker displayed ? If you are in the UK or US, I can bet, people will respect you, not honking behind you or trying to scare you by overspeeding in your line. But in India, I think "I AM PARTIALLY BLIND" could be the best board to get some respect or force others to leave you alone on road.

Last edited by shajufx : 10th September 2009 at 16:22.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rajesh congratulations mate, couldn't quite catch up on the review thread earlier. Since the seat covers part is decided on, I suggest that you get the car a set of alloys and some good rubber. Your car really needs better rubber and alloys.

Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring. Drive Safe !!
Old 10th September 2009, 17:11   #24
BHPian

Congratulations yajaman99, welcome to the club, I do own Zxi Platinum gold, hope you enjoy every inch of the drive. Btw, did you opt for the Windshield sunfilm (I am not sure what is is being called).

You have covered almost all the angles of the car and it is cool

Last edited by aravinrd : 10th September 2009 at 17:13. Reason: added a new line
Old 10th September 2009, 17:27   #25
BHPian

Let me answer this, yes it is the sunfilm for Windshield and you have quite a few brands out there. However the best value for money brand is Garware Ice Cool Shield. Raamki had this done for Rs 2500 and senior member Vnabhi has endorsed the same. I have decided to get the same and I think it is a must for a place like Chennai. If you interested let me know and we can strike a price with the dealer. He is currently asking for 3150. I checked a few other places and nobody offered it for less than 4000. If interested send me a PM with your number and we can discuss over the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Congratulations yajaman99, welcome to the club, I do own Zxi Platinum gold, hope you enjoy every inch of the drive. Btw, did you opt for the Windshield sunfilm (I am not sure what is is being called).

You have covered almost all the angles of the car and it is cool
Old 10th September 2009, 17:30   #26
srinivas9446

Yeh FIESTA Yajaman,

Congrats !

With the car, the temple seems to be very good. Where is this temple man ?

please let me know.

bye

P.S: BY the way, does the rear spolier cost so much 8k ? i personally feel its on the higher side ..

Old 10th September 2009, 18:06   #27
BHPian

@Shajufx: Good idea of the speaker upgrade, something to consider. The "Child On Board" was picked up from Mothercare, Indiranagar.
As for making a difference, not sure but it does look nice and my kid is really attracted to it.

@rjstyles: Thanks Riju and congrats on becoming a Distinguished BHPian

@aravinrd: Thanks, I have not installed the Windshield Sunfilm (or i should say Not Yet).

@srinivas: Thanks, the temple is in Sahakarnagar. As for the spoiler its from Ford itself hence the high price (i guess).

Go Fida
Old 10th September 2009, 22:18   #28
BHPian

Yajaman: Pics are nice and am sure that you are totally fida on her as you tried to take picture of her from every possible corner.

Above rear window I can see provision to put retractable sun blind but in between them I think the lamp is fitted which for sure will be obstacle to fit it. Just need to know about fitting retractable sun blind?
Old 11th September 2009, 09:56   #29
BHPian

sunblind

@kumar7: The sunblind was fitted by Ford itself as part of the extra accessories i ordered. It fits "almost" perfectly. The lamp does not obstruct the blind but the center pull attachment does have contact with the lamp.

Here a are a few pics. Hope it helps.

Go Fida
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-pic02.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-pic03.jpg  

The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-pic04.jpg  

Old 11th September 2009, 11:27   #30
BHPian

Yajaman,

wow......i didnt know the following:

- that the rear seats (lower portion) can also be folded... thats a neat feature !! how easy / difficult is it to fold these seats?
- that the stock ICE came with a remote !! i thought it didnt...

nice pics overall. yes, seat covers are a must. the rear sun-blind is a must-have accessory

even i am eagerly awiating the delivery of my 1.6 Sxi.

Thanks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks