Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 13:00   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post

BTW, AFAIK; IOC is the only one providing, 91 octane as xtra premium.

Aashay B.
Shell regular and super are both 91 octane - the additive content differs. I might be wrong but this is what I was told at Shell on Hosur road.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Shell regular and super are both 91 octane - the additive content differs. I might be wrong but this is what I was told at Shell on Hosur road.
That is confusing. Coz; there is a shell outlet in pune on the highway towards mumbai, and when I asked the guy filling fuel if he had 91 octane?? he said it was regular.. (guy had a confused look)

Guess he himself had no clue. BTW, there at shell i noticed the fuel was costlier than HP & IOC.
Old 14th November 2009, 16:49   #48
BHPian

went against everybody's advise to book swift ZXi ....Booked 1.4 emotion pack...going with white color....heart rules for me!
Old 14th November 2009, 21:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ankur. You've made a good choice. I'm a proud owner of a Red Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack
Old 15th November 2009, 00:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

one more punto congratulations ankur.

my friend wanted to buy Swift ZXI in Bangalore. But showroom ppl advised that swift ZXI is not available any more!! is it true?
Old 15th November 2009, 08:53   #51
BHPian

There are rumors of a new swift but i am not so sure. Usually Maruti brings a new model without discontinuing the old model.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
There are rumors of a new swift but i am not so sure. Usually Maruti brings a new model without discontinuing the old model.

Swift will need to meet BSIV norms from next year. I guess there will be no change in the body,only the engine will be tuned for BS IV.
Swift ZXi is available and is not discontinued.The waiting period is terrible,however like everything is possible in India you may get yours soon
Old 15th November 2009, 10:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
Swift will need to meet BSIV norms from next year. I guess there will be no change in the body,only the engine will be tuned for BS IV.
Swift ZXi is available and is not discontinued.The waiting period is terrible,however like everything is possible in India you may get yours soon
When I went to book my Ritz, I asked dealer about new Swift. He told me that Swift won't come with K-series engine for a year at least as it will affect the Ritz sale. Fot BS-IV norms, they will just tune the existing 1.3 ltr engine.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
That is correct, Shell regular and premium are both only 91 Octane. The other brands too are 91 octane.

The exceptions are IOC ExtraPremium which is 93 Octane. Speed 97 is exactly that - 97 Octane. BTW, higher octane is better. Speed 97 is priced at an exorbitant Rs.68/-. Normal unleaded petrol without additives as in Speed etc. work fine and are the best.

Cheers,
Old 15th November 2009, 13:38   #55
BHPian

Speaking of about fuel. I did a 40km run with my dad's GP(diesel) with 2 passengers and the AC was off the whole while. Before the trip started I reset both the Trip data's. According to the computer average fuel consumption showed 4.9 1/100. This did not make any sense as it was a very relaxed trip. The average speed was 50-60km/h. Could someone explain to me whether this is accurate?
Old 15th November 2009, 14:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

What more do you want bro!

You got 20 kmpl!

That reading is read as: 4.9 L / 100 Kms.

That is, 4.9 Liters for a 100 Kms.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:11   #57
BHPian

So that's how it is calculated. Thanks a lot. My apologies to TC for going OT.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your red hot papparika punto, best colour for this car.Good FE figures as well.
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post
went against everybody's advise to book swift ZXi ....Booked 1.4 emotion pack...going with white color....heart rules for me!
Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
That is correct, Shell regular and premium are both only 91 Octane. The other brands too are 91 octane.

The exceptions are IOC ExtraPremium which is 93 Octane. Speed 97 is exactly that - 97 Octane. BTW, higher octane is better. Speed 97 is priced at an exorbitant Rs.68/-. Normal unleaded petrol without additives as in Speed etc. work fine and are the best.

Cheers,
Hey, I thought IOC Xtra Premium was 91 Octane??

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Speaking of about fuel. I did a 40km run with my dad's GP(diesel) with 2 passengers and the AC was off the whole while. Before the trip started I reset both the Trip data's. According to the computer average fuel consumption showed 4.9 1/100. This did not make any sense as it was a very relaxed trip. The average speed was 50-60km/h. Could someone explain to me whether this is accurate?
Try changing the units (under Menu) to KM/L from l/100. Will be easy to keep record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congratulations on your red hot papparika punto, best colour for this car.Good FE figures as well.
Thanks!
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:16   #60
BHPian

curious...

Guys,
Does anyone know what the Black Round part in the center, on the floor is??

I investigated today, and found it is going through the floor board, moves a bit in a circular motion, didn't come off so left it there.

Oh and yeah, I still haven't bought seat covers. Got the plastic wrap still on..
Attached Thumbnails
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-dsc03414.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks