Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 15:44   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
akshay, those are some superb pictures of yur punto.Red always looks superb and eye catcher.Keep it well maintained.What is it on your steering wheel with fiat logo??
Its the foldable remote locking key he has kept on the steering.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

How abt tire upgrades? would definitely improve the ride.

samsan02: congrats on the Punto. Wanna see blue in flesh. Pls post some pics.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Thanks Ramsagar! I have a separate thread where I have posted a few pics. No time to take more, will do it soon.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-4-e-pack.html
Old 8th December 2009, 16:26   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Wow! Great Pics TC_Aashay. I also got my Punto 1.4 in Electric Blue just a week back done about 120 km till now. I liked those pedals, where did you get them from? How do they fix it on the stock ones? And they look a little wide, dont they obstruct while clutching/braking?

Can you give me some tips, I am new to M/T and since Punto's clutch is long, I find it a little diificult when releasing the cluth, there is slight jerk when I release it instantly when the car is moving. But when i do it slowly its fine. So is the efficient way is to release the cluth slowly? Does you vehicle too has the same feel?

Also when upshifting to first and then to second when in normal traffic, I tend to rev it a bit more and the rpm shoots up to 3k and above. Is it corrrect way of driving or should I be more modest when dabbing the gas pedal.

Currently I am getting 10.2 kmpl in city traffic of Bangalore. and I did touch around 12.9 kmpl once. These figures with AC on always.
Thanks. I got those pedals (~Rs.500) from a local car accessory shop here in mumbai, (shivaji park). You need to take off the rubber covers over the clutch & brake pedal, they have a clamp that holds in place.
Yes they are wide, but on long drives, you drive without shoes feels comfortable & also takes some time getting use to.
As of now, i have removed the brake pedal and fixed the rubber back. Just 2 pedals don't look good, but hey its the comfort I'm looking for. So with the brake pedal small, driving with shoes on is good. The wider surface of contact gives a better feeling than over the stock ones.

Driving tip:
Every gear, just rev all the way to 1500 rpm and shift up. Practice this till you get a hang of the car. Later on you will know automatically when to shift.
yes Even I had that sudden acceleration problem when I took delivery, by the time I reached home, I found out just how to tackle that sudden acceleration.
Its a drive by wire throttle, will take some time getting use to if you never drove one.

like I said, just rev upto 1500 rpm then shift, its not a diesel car that you need to rev so high. Shifting at 1500 rpm will also return a decent FE. With this technique, i'm getting a FE of around 12 in mumbai daytime. Night empty roads give me 13. (have a bit heavy foot).

BTW, use I/C @ km/l setting when driving. I do that & try to keep the figure as high as possible. If it falls below 10 km/l, I take my foot off the gas. (but this is not possible every-time in traffic) But don't let the rpm fall below 1200 rpm it will start stressing the engine. Just down shift when the rpm falls below 1200 rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@akshay... Super pics. That round thing under the rear seats is the fuel pump cover.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Congrats TC aashay on the fantastic car. The best looking hatch in India by a fair margin(according to me).
Yes it is, but from a "particular" angle the RITZ & jazz also look really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
akshay, those are some superb pictures of yur punto.Red always looks superb and eye catcher.Keep it well maintained.What is it on your steering wheel with fiat logo??
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Its the foldable remote locking key he has kept on the steering.
I guess most european car keys are like these now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Well the current stock tyres are running fine, so not changing anytime soon. i didnt settle down for a GP FIRE, for unnecessary spending..

The Good year rubber feels ok as of now.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:57   #80
BHPian

Latest FE figure

My latest FE figure going to pune. Personal record.

Who says a FIAT 1.4 FIRE is not a fuel efficient engine??
Attached Thumbnails
The Rare: 1.4 FIAT GRANDE Punto E+-untitled1.jpg  

Old 8th December 2009, 17:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Those figures are pretty good considering the average speed like that. In fact it's a great FE.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Hey, that's nice. Was this done on the expressway? As I remember the MID showing almost 18 (I think 17.8) when I cruised to Panvel at around 100, with a few burst upto 120.
Old 12th January 2010, 19:11   #83

Congratulation Aashay!!! The Red beauty is def a head-turner. You posts, pics and other T-BHP feedback from several Puntians has inspired me to pick up the GP as well. Made a booking (MJD, Exotic Red), should be available next week.

Sorry, but do you know (or anyone else who owns a GP) know whether it is possible to change the stereo head unit alone and install my previous player?

The reason I ask is that I plan to pick up the Emotion variant and not the E+ because I have a really good JVC HU that has bluetooth compatibility, in-deck dvd layer, Dolby SRS etc. I had it installed in my previous Ikon and I did not give it away when I sold the car (cause I paid a bomb for the unit when I had bought it). It doesn't make any sense for me to pick up the E+ if I already have a BT head unit and I can always install a good pair of alloys when I save up some cash. The only feature I may miss are the Airbags.
Old 12th January 2010, 21:29   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PravEmm View Post
Congratulation Aashay!!! The Red beauty is def a head-turner. You posts, pics and other T-BHP feedback from several Puntians has inspired me to pick up the GP as well. Made a booking (MJD, Exotic Red), should be available next week.

Sorry, but do you know (or anyone else who owns a GP) know whether it is possible to change the stereo head unit alone and install my previous player?

The reason I ask is that I plan to pick up the Emotion variant and not the E+ because I have a really good JVC HU that has bluetooth compatibility, in-deck dvd layer, Dolby SRS etc. I had it installed in my previous Ikon and I did not give it away when I sold the car (cause I paid a bomb for the unit when I had bought it). It doesn't make any sense for me to pick up the E+ if I already have a BT head unit and I can always install a good pair of alloys when I save up some cash. The only feature I may miss are the Airbags.
Thanks!

I guess you can change the unit but the steering controls even may not work on the new HU.

Try approaching a TASC and ask them for the address of the official blaupunkt appointed dealer. Try asking them if they will change the HU when you buy the new car without damaging the 2 yrs warranty?
I dont expect the blaupunkt dealer to be that co-operative as it may be a headache for them to do that.

But give it a shot.

Next week, i'm going to my SC for a minor repair, will ask the advisor to find out if its possible to change the HU on a emotion.

Aashay.
Old 13th January 2010, 10:40   #85
BHPian

I think the Emotion variant doesn't come with steering mounted audio controls. So that's not going to be a problem IMO. The size of the JVC unit is also not going to be a problem( you don't have to alter the console fittings as it was done in a Linea to fit that dual din touch screen unit ) as it was part of the Icon which had place for only single din players. The only problem which I see is the 2 years warranty or Electrical equipments warranty but as Fiat has started offering JVC HUs , It can be sorted out if we can give it a try IMHO.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:15   #86

Quote:
Thanks!

I guess you can change the unit but the steering controls even may not work on the new HU.

Try approaching a TASC and ask them for the address of the official blaupunkt appointed dealer. Try asking them if they will change the HU when you buy the new car without damaging the 2 yrs warranty?
I dont expect the blaupunkt dealer to be that co-operative as it may be a headache for them to do that.

But give it a shot.

Next week, i'm going to my SC for a minor repair, will ask the advisor to find out if its possible to change the HU on a emotion.

Aashay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
I think the Emotion variant doesn't come with steering mounted audio controls. So that's not going to be a problem IMO. The size of the JVC unit is also not going to be a problem( you don't have to alter the console fittings as it was done in a Linea to fit that dual din touch screen unit ) as it was part of the Icon which had place for only single din players. The only problem which I see is the 2 years warranty or Electrical equipments warranty but as Fiat has started offering JVC HUs , It can be sorted out if we can give it a try IMHO.

Thanks guys!!! yes, will definitely give it a shot. Worldcrawler you are right, the E variant doesn't come with steering mounted audio controls but it may jeopardize my electrical warranty i suppose.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:52   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post

Can 2-din HU's be fiited on punto without much modification ? Or we have a buy a new dash panel and alter it to accomodate the 2-din.
Old 4th February 2010, 19:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Can 2-din HU's be fiited on punto without much modification ? Or we have a buy a new dash panel and alter it to accomodate the 2-din.
I think so. Someone has already achieved it in a Linea.
Check out this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-possible.html
Old 20th March 2010, 22:59   #89
BHPian

HI Aashay ,

Finally Zeroed in on yur thread ... howz thy CHICK RED PUNTER doing ? i hope having fun yaar ...

I hope we get to meet up some day i m from Vikhroli area , are you somewhere from the Central suburb in mumbai ?

First thing First ...
I m abit new and getting used to mine the Active petrol atm, i m using xtrapremium IOC which was told my a fellow car pal and currently after reading all the spects & manual info which suggests premium fuel likewise for Diesel should be avoided- i m a bit confused but like earlier i was on Speed and this IOC xtrapremium is working ok ?

WHat do u think ? what are u sticking to ?

I have a few other things to clarify as well but as of now i will Subscribe to your thread
& Rate it too ...:-)

Drop in a line or two

Cheers
TND
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:45   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
HI Aashay ,

Finally Zeroed in on yur thread ... howz thy CHICK RED PUNTER doing ? i hope having fun yaar ...

I hope we get to meet up some day i m from Vikhroli area , are you somewhere from the Central suburb in mumbai ?

First thing First ...
I m abit new and getting used to mine the Active petrol atm, i m using xtrapremium IOC which was told my a fellow car pal and currently after reading all the spects & manual info which suggests premium fuel likewise for Diesel should be avoided- i m a bit confused but like earlier i was on Speed and this IOC xtrapremium is working ok ?

WHat do u think ? what are u sticking to ?

I have a few other things to clarify as well but as of now i will Subscribe to your thread
& Rate it too ...:-)

Drop in a line or two

Cheers
TND
Hey TND, yup having fun red lining her most of the times...

I stay at wadala.. if you'r coming this side anytime lemme know..

Regarding the fuel.. I'm religious to IOC.
Earlier even i use to fill xtra premium.

But recently, I'm filling regular IOC petrol.

This is what i'm doing:
as soon as the fuel needle reaches half way, i fill Rs. 500 worth regular.

And every 2 weeks or after 4 cycles of the above I fill xtra premium worth Rs. 500 (9-10 ltrs approx)

Filling little premium petrol and rest regular is also practiced by vahanpujari (amit). he owns a linea.

Basically what IOC's xtra premium is; regular petrol with additives.
So once in a while I fill xtra just a little bit.. considering the premium petrol price!!

But i'm thinking to go full regular once and see if it makes a difference?

Hope this helps..

Fiat (during camp) says its ok to use both types of petrol.. but suggests use regular, you save money.

so i'd say stick to regular for some time, see the difference in FE figures compared to the expense on fuel and then decide what you want to go for..

Dont ask me my FE.. i left calculating that a long time ago since my right foot feels heavy when ever it wants to..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks