Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 19:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Great post on your buying experience! You have definitely made the right choice in that bracket.

Will revert to your PM later tonight and also update TBHP about my 15k service experience
Old 12th October 2009, 20:54   #17
BHPian

First pics of my AVEO !!!

Pics that were taken on the day of delivery. The looks will change a bit soon, as I am installing the alloy wheels. Still not able to finalize the alloy brand and design for which I am frantically scouting the forum for inputs !

Suggestions always welcome !
Attached Thumbnails
My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy_aveo1.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy_aveo2.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy_aveo3.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 21:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Excellent in Black. This is what called Men In Black. Lol...

Btw, what's your plan? Are you just looking to change it to alloys? Or upgrade?
Old 12th October 2009, 21:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

S3va,

Some thoughts:

1. Get in touch with Nikhil on this forum and check out his range of Stamford Sport Wheels and their website: Stamford Sport Wheels. They are high quality rims with bill & warranty. In my opinion, fat 5/6 spokes will look the best but it's very subjective.
2. Consider taking the 3M 4.5k (3 applications) Paint Protection treatment after some time. Will help your car keep the gloss. Check out the aesthetics sticky thread.
3. Consider fitting the chrome outer door handles and the chrome trunk strip. See my garage.
4. Also, doesn't the LS come with fog lamps?
5. I really want to fit th Fiat linew Chrome bumper strips and the door strips but believe they are prone to falling off and are very expensive too. They DO look very classy though!
6. I will be taking my 2 year old Aveo for a 3M Surface Refinement soon. Will post before and after then.

Lovely looks! Click sone interior pictures and Congratulations again!

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th October 2009 at 21:34. Reason: Typo
Old 12th October 2009, 21:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Excellent in Black. This is what called Men In Black. Lol...

Btw, what's your plan? Are you just looking to change it to alloys? Or upgrade?
I am only changing the wheels from steel to Alloys, The stock tires look good enough for my kind of usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
S3va,

Some thoughts:

1. Get in touch with Nikhil on this forum and check out his range of Stamford Sport Wheels and their website: Stamford Sport Wheels. They are high quality rims with bill & warranty. In my opinion, fat 5/6 spokes will look the best but it's very subjective.

What a coincidence ! I did contact Nikhil today and intend to visit his place soon to have a look at what he has got to offer. I have also shortlisted 5-6 spoke model on the website and Nikhil has confirmed its availibility. Of course, they are slightly on the costlier side as compared to EVO, Plati, Veloche, but yes I found SSW standards a little above the rest.

2. Consider taking the 3M 4.5k (3 applications) Paint Protection treatment after some time. Will help your car keep the gloss. Check out the aesthetics sticky thread.

My friend works for 3M, I am awaiting his return from home town to explore the range of 3M products, and YES black needs extra protection with the stuff that you have mentioned.

3. Consider fitting the chrome outer door handles and the chrome trunk strip. See my garage.

I was planning to change the door handles to body color, I am a hardcore fan of Black. Hmm chrome is not bad though !

4. Also, doesn't the LS come with fog lamps?

LS dont have fog lamps, only LT has.

5. I really want to fit th Fiat linew Chrome bumper strips and the door strips but believe they are prone to falling off and are very expensive too. They DO look very classy though!

Try 3M adhesive !

6. I will be taking my 2 year old Aveo for a 3M Surface Refinement soon. Will post before and after then.

By reffering to Surface refinement, are you talking about the activity involved in removing the scratch marks on the body ? If yes, I have heard that it is achieved by removing or brushing off a very thin layer of the paint(of course really really thin) to reveal its concealed glow inside.

Lovely looks! Click sone interior pictures and Congratulations again!

Will do ..soon
@PUSAKO : the above response is for your request as well
Old 12th October 2009, 23:18   #21
BHPian

Henry ford once said " If its a car it SHOULD be black"
He sure is damn right maan!

your car looks amaazing!
congratz!
Old 13th October 2009, 10:36   #22
BHPian

Thanks Man!
Was waiting for your update!!
It sure has helped me!! Looking forward to pics!
You have any idea how much the LT costs?, because the sales guy has still not called me back.

Cheers

Last edited by pusako : 13th October 2009 at 10:38.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:51   #23
BHPian

@pusako

THe LT was quoted ~Rs 7.2 lacs here in Bangalore. I feel in Mmbai the prices will further reduce as the RT is less out there.
And again Chevy has come out with more offers presently. So you should just bargain for the best deal. I really like the internally adjustable mirror control in LT. That was something i really liked in LT that was missing in LS. But of course I had my budget constraints.

FYI..For people in Bangalore planning to buy Chevy, I would recommend Trident as the place to buy from. They have setup their sales showroom in Kalyan Nagar(KR Puram-Hebbal ORR Rd.) and the vehicle service part would begin by Nov, as per an internal source in Trident.
Old 13th October 2009, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
@pusako

THe LT was quoted ~Rs 7.2 lacs here in Bangalore.
Oh Man, that's a great VFM now. They have reduced the price so silently.
Old 13th October 2009, 17:19   #25
BHPian

Alloy wheels for AVEO

After scouting around like crazy I have narrowed down the below alloy brands. I would request everyones view that would probably help me zero in on one.

14"x5.5(upto 6 is fine) - 100 PCD

1) Veloche - Rs 17k for set of 5
2) Stamford - Rs 19k for set of 5 : TUV (German Audit group)certified with company warranty
3) EVO - Rs 16k for set of 5

Nuts at extra cost, there are couple of options, allan key or capped or the costlier steel ones that claims anti rust

Please note that I am not planning to upgrade my tires, but retain them.

The other few brands that i have considered are Plati, EVO, League : but i didnt find my desired design among the ones stocked at various dealers place, and the ones I chose from the brochures cannot be sourced in
India.

Folks your views please !!!
Old 13th October 2009, 20:17   #26
BHPian

I might be late but , did you check out the Lenso Samurai series? Slightly more expensive though.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:26   #27
BHPian

Hey s3va,

Congrats on your buy! Your car looks stunning ! Try & maintain the shine on the car. I understand maintaining black car is very tough.

I see that you have got discount of 8k, but howcome my friend who bought 1.6 managed a huge discount of 40k. how is this possible, it took sometime to digest this.

Can this really happen ?
Old 13th October 2009, 20:36   #28
BHPian

@nandans
How much was your friend quoted?
Old 13th October 2009, 22:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I see that you have got discount of 8k, but howcome my friend who bought 1.6 managed a huge discount of 40k. how is this possible, it took sometime to digest this.

Can this really happen ?
Do they still have 1.6? It may be to clear the stock. Optra petrol will kill the sales of Aveo 1.6 if still in place.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey s3va,

Congrats on your buy! Your car looks stunning ! Try & maintain the shine on the car. I understand maintaining black car is very tough.

Can this really happen ?
Thanks Nandans. Yes black is tough to maintain.

I think you are referring to the general discount that GM has announced on most of Chevy Cars. For that matter the cash discount for my deal comes to the tune of 60k(I have the email from GM with the detailed break-up that again varies every month), and the 8k is the Corporate Discount that my company is eligible for. I dont think Chevy is offering any corporate discounts of 40k. The sales guy advised me that if I'd worked for Wipro then he could have increased the 8k to 15k, the max.

Anyways you may check with your friend and share the exact info(detailed break-up) fatleast or the sake of others here who are contemplating on buying the AVEO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks