Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 22:17   #76
BHPian

Folks..I am very sorry about the delay and making this thread going into a dormant state. I was busy traveling and still I havent got myself a cam. But during my recent road trip, I borrowed my friends' cam and here are few snaps of the vehicle.

With regard to mileage, I got it checked at Kropex and as per their checks the vehicle was giving a figure of 14 kmpl. When i checked how they performed the checks, it seems they do a mileage check in their system. But practically I dont think I am able to get anywhere near that figure.

during my recent long drive I got a mileage of 12-13 kmpl. My driving behaviors consisted of driving the vehicle at 40-70 kmph and at certain stretches I even ripped the vehicle to 120-150 kmph. The roads were also in a mixed state of both smooth and rough patches.

I have to now check the city FE figures. Will keep everyone posted.

Vehicle has completed 4200 kms and is approaching its 2nd service. I shall provide an updated review post the service. For now the AVEO drive has been enjoyable so far. I loved the vehicle perform during my recent 1600 kms road trip. The vehicle is stable and the shocks are super cool, didnt feel any tiredness during the long drives.

Due to the power lag I am not liking the way it behaves while sudden overtaking on highways and in city traffic. I have contacted Trident for the performance filter for which I have started to save Vit M.

Here you go with the snaps, I have also included a snap of my son in front of my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy1.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy2.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy3.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy4.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy5.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-chevy6.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 22:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Nice color sir. Personally, I will be ok with anything above 10KMPL.

Anyway, since you have ripped it around 150 for some stretches, it should be around same mileage only - 12kmpl, I guess. Keep us updated.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:39   #78
BHPian

@mjothi..

Thanks Sir.

Even I would be quite happy with a FE of 10 kmpl in city. But something below 9 kmpl is defenitely a concern as the vehicle also doesnt boast of a any power gush to substantiate the lower figures. Anyways I will again get this checked, frankly I dont know why I dont trust the skills of these mechanics, very rarely you get to talk to a mechanic who is a petrol head while others are just like me in IT, bread and butter activity

And I am thoroughly convinced about the highway figures and am in sync with yours as well as other's thoughts here. During the run-in period, I did a long drive where I kept the vehicle under 90 kmph(2500-3000 rpm) and even though I didnt record the figures, from the fuel indicator I could sense that I was getting somewhere around 13-14, and I am happy with those figures. Its just the CITY drive FE thats a concern !!!

Last edited by s3va : 6th January 2010 at 22:46.
Old 7th January 2010, 00:58   #79
BHPian

Congrats dude. My uncle has a fully-loaded version of the Aveo - 1.6 LT, and I have always envied that car. IMHO, its exterior design is by far the most complete and appealing, compared to any car below 100K. Please do post some interior pics if you can, especially after you get those must-haves like seat-covers, trims, steering-covers etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
LT has-
ABS
Airbags
Spoilers
Fog Lamps
electrically adjustable door mirrors
Chrome coated door handles - outside
Chrome coated mirrors
Basic design Alloys
The LT itself comes in two variants 1.4 & 1.6, not sure if the features differ among them, and unlike a conventional set of dual airbags, Aveo LT has only one driver side airbag.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:26   #80
BHPian

Fornax. Yes AVEO's exteriors as well as interiors are the best in its category. You may check my gallery for few snaps on the interiors

Also I didnt find significant amount of power response between the 1.6 and 1.4 and I felt 1.6 was not worth its price. Rest cosmetic and feature wise it was the same as the 1.4s
Old 8th January 2010, 08:48   #81
BHPian

Aveo

@s3va
Great looking Alloys . How much did it cost you?
Also are they 14" or did you upsize ?

I have an Aveo 1.4 LT. 1st service not yet completed. It has clocked 4,500 km so far.
Here are my fuel figures
Highway > 14.6 kmpl i.e. Bangalore > Belgaum 500km stretch
Bangalore Traffic > 10.6 kmpl

Both with A/c 75% on, 25% off is when I switch it off as it gets too cold.

Hopefully it improves after the 1st service.

The build quality and comfort is very good.
I had a head on ORVM to ORVM side crash with an alto couple of days back. The alto's mirror shattered and glass went all over the road. The Aveo mirror no damage, it did not even fold in.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:31   #82
BHPian

Fillmore..
Thanks. I shall PM you the prices. And I didnt upsize, retained the same specs. And the best part was that I was not required to change the stock nuts. I am using the stock nuts for my alloys, else I would have had to spend on after market nuts which dont impress me for their durability

My FE is then the worst I guess among the AVEO's here. I shall raise the concern when I go for the 2nd service.

And hey I dont think you should expect further improvement as the figures that you are obtaining are standard and they are good enough. Also what were the speeds that you held on to in both the above drives that you have mentioned ?

ORVM crashes are quite normal for me, once even it has folded in the opposite direction, fortunately no mirror crashes so far.

Above all, a MERC hit me on the right side rear door causing a slight paint damage.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

Your FE seems bit low than the normal you should have got after 1st Service.
Also I have noticed (from the photos) that you have not fixed a bodyside moulding
stripes which will safeguard the car from scratches when other car parked in your side opens their doors in a jammed parking slot?
Old 8th January 2010, 21:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Fillmore..
And hey I dont think you should expect further improvement as the figures that you are obtaining are standard and they are good enough. Also what were the speeds that you held on to in both the above drives that you have mentioned ?
Highway drive between 80 - 120 kmph
of the 500km you can say 75% of the road was good so would have been averaging 90 - 120 kmph
Rest 25% was below avg to horrible roads mostly on 2nd - 3rd gear.

City driving
Regular Bangalore traffic which is mostly bad.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:09   #85
BHPian

One Annoying thing is the beige color border on the Dash just below the wind screen.
It causes too much of reflection on the wind shield glass. Wonder if its possible to get it spray painted black.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:20   #86
BHPian

Awesome car buddy. Love the way it is kept. The average is pretty okay. My Estilo struggles to churn out even 12 kilometers to a litre. Something you can look down to.

P.S: I loved the expression on your sons face. Looks sweet!
Old 8th January 2010, 21:23   #87
BHPian

Hey Siva,

How are you man !

This car would have been mine if the sales guy had not told me to wait for 2 weeks.

let me know about the gear shifting, will you ? i found it hard in my in law's car. He says its been the same and its normal. Twice can't be a coincidence isn't it? This happens in my friend's car too. What about yours ?
Old 11th January 2010, 16:35   #88
BHPian

fillmore..

Those are the speeds I usually maintain. Need to check with the service guys about the mileage. I am also looking out to paint the beige out as you have rightly said, its a pain when light reflects on it. I did check with the service center, for them it was a totally new request of such sort. Will keep you posted if I come across anything fruitful.

nairsaab..
I am not impressed on those additional moulding, though it protects the car. BAsically I dont wish to keep sticking things around the car, except for the T BHP logos .. And my first service is not yet over, only a 100 kms assurance check was done where it was more cosmetic checkup !

Cartsman..Thanks for your comments !

nandan..THe gear shifts is the same acorss all the AVEO, a bit clunky and not so tight but ! Gears in AVEO have a great opportunity for improvement ! ALso another trademark of AVEO is the subtle noise when you release the clutch quickly. I have already raised these concers(the gear one i already found during TD) and Chevy says that part of the car, not a problem. I did a TD of a new car to confirm this during my previous visit to the service center !

PS: Mind my typos as I broke my specs and I am having tough time looking at the screen !

Last edited by s3va : 11th January 2010 at 16:36.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:46   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

nairsaab..
I am not impressed on those additional moulding, though it protects the car. BAsically I dont wish to keep sticking things around the car, except for the T BHP logos .. And my first service is not yet over, only a 100 kms assurance check was done where it was more cosmetic checkup !
+
What I suggested is not just a sticker like the one as TBHP Logos.
Its moulding type stripes which safeguards your doorside from scratches and it gives good look also (you can see many cars around with these mouldings. It will looks like this:

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-alloys-014-small.jpg

Anyway, it is just your interest and liking and am not at all pushing you
but just a suggestion only.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
What I suggested is not just a sticker like the one as TBHP Logos.
Its moulding type stripes which safeguards your doorside from scratches and it gives good look also (you can see many cars around with these mouldings. It will looks like this:

Anyway, it is just your interest and liking and am not at all pushing you
but just a suggestion only.
Absolutely Sir, I sincerely accept your suggestion and have been an user of these mouldings in the past as well !

But what I was referring to is, basically I dont wish to introduce any more additional lines by sticking these mouldings as I wish to retain the car exteriors in stock condition, which is what I mentioned as 'sticking' except for the Tbhp logos. And as per my previous experiences the amount of protection that it gives is kinda minimal in BLR b2b traffic.

Nevertheless thanks for your suggestions, and I look forward to your valuable inputs on various other queries I might have in the future !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks