Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 14:30   #106
BHPian

As confirmed by Nikhil the offset of my alloys is 35. Hope this helps. Thanks Nikhil !
Old 19th March 2010, 22:10   #107
BHPian

Any AVEO owners heard of a strange squeaking noise inside the cabin(no no .. I have confirmed for no rats around) ? I have also confirmed that its not the infamous seat belt mechanism. This mostly happens when the brakes are applied as well as during sudden acceleration, its like some mechanical stuff inside the cabin .

Also the brake pedals are having slight play towards to its L&R side. Can be this be tightened ? Its irritating, as I step on the pedal (mostly when applying sudden brakes)there is a noise that is produced due to the loose play it has towards it sides.

Any idea ?!
Old 20th March 2010, 09:41   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Siva,

Nopes, I have no idea about the squeaking noise! Try and get someone else to drive your car while you clamber around locating the source. This technique never failed us with our old Amby :-)

Pedals can be tightened, I suppose? Try that.

Also, thanks for the offset figure. I have been tryng to gather enough moolah for quite some time for a set of alloys but no luck yet. Nikhil must be tired of my frequent queries about SSW wheels.

I am due for my 20k 3 year service soon. Want to get the 3M surface refinement done too. Sundaram quoting the usual 3.5k for a one-time exercise. My black Aveo has also collected a fair share of small scratches from BLR traffic and I may even get them touched up.

Just paid advance tax so need to recover from the same before anything else :-)
Old 21st March 2010, 22:50   #109
BHPian

itwasntme,

Nikhil should sort out the alloy wheels for you ! Even I bugged him too much for mine ! The best part I liked about my wheels,more than the aesthetical factor is that I didnt have to buy seperate nuts for the wheels. So money saved and more importantly I dont have the tension of rust catching up on the usual after market nuts !

I am giving my car for 2nd service this week ! Aind dont ask me about the scratches, I am sure I have more than yours ! I am planning to get them repainted back in Kerala in the month of May. Far cheaper ! I am also planning to get the door handles as well as mirror painted blody color !

As for 3M, i presume the quote that you have for 3.5K is for the 1 yr warranty stuff(scratch guard, sheen loss prevention). If you ask me, try the 6-8 month warrany one that comes for 1.8k and then decide later ! Or if its the scratch removal thing you are talking about then I think that price looks ok ! But keep in mind scratch removal is nothing but removal of a fine layer of the top surface of the paint(few microns) !
Old 24th March 2010, 21:11   #110
BHPian

Shocks/struts oil leak !

Folks,

My car is with the dealer undergoing its 2nd service. I had to leave it at the dealers place as I had given the car yesterday afternoon and there are other cars in the queue due for delivery.

I had complained about a mild noise from the front LHS area that the mechanic took note of during a TD with him. I also drove another 2006 regn AVEO in which I had noted similar noise. So I could conclude that the subtle noise is existant in the AVEOs.

But this evening, I got a call from the service advisor that a very very slight oil leak(as told to me) was detected in the front LHS shocks and since it is under warranty they have replaced it. His explanation was that it was a proactive measure to prevent any future complications.

I havent yet TD'ed the car post the installation and all those service activities, which I shall do tomorrow.

But I would really like to know if this act of their's looks fine or not ? In fact I am not able to digest the fact that such an issue with the shocks could occur with a car that has just completed 5000 odd kms. I have infact asked him to keep the original shock aside for me to do an inspection.

Guys your inputs please !
Old 25th March 2010, 08:40   #111
BHPian

Siva,
Surprised to know about this LHS noise issue. Recently nobody has reported this issue, i mean about this leak. But i remember someone in this forum or some other review, had reported a similar issue and replaced the shocks. But that was on old Aveo, prior to 2007 August model. They have improved some suspension related stuff in latter versions. Sorry, i don't know have much technical details in this.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:56   #112
BHPian

@siva, a friend of mine had similar such issue i guess. The problem was with the ABS Sensor or the front wheel disc breaks on his vehicle. I am not very sure of this. Meanwhile you can ask the service guys to check these and I shall check with my friend on the exact issue.

PS: He is also coming for the meet this weekend, can get firsthand information from him
Old 25th March 2010, 10:21   #113
BHPian

kavu75. surprising to know that you havent heard this. I would like to drive your car and check, anyways that is pending !

deepak, my car doesnt have ABS. But sure I shall check with him for a first hand feedback. Great to know that he is also tagging along for the weekend meet !
Old 25th March 2010, 10:21   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Siva,
Also, thanks for the offset figure. I have been tryng to gather enough moolah for quite some time for a set of alloys but no luck yet. Nikhil must be tired of my frequent queries about SSW wheels.
Haha. I dont get tired so easily pal! It's a lot of fun talking shop with enthusiasts who are as passionate about cars as I am and in many cases, more passionate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
itwasntme,

Nikhil should sort out the alloy wheels for you ! Even I bugged him too much for mine ! The best part I liked about my wheels,more than the aesthetical factor is that I didnt have to buy seperate nuts for the wheels. So money saved and more importantly I dont have the tension of rust catching up on the usual after market nuts !
I agree. As much as possible, I prefer OEM bolts ONLY. I really dontl ike aftermarket bolts unless they are of really good quality.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:18   #115
BHPian

2nd service completed and ride going still strong .....

Folks, though slightly late a quick update on my ownership experience so far.
  • Completed the 2nd service with the regular oil change and filter cleaning procedures. Topped up the coolant levels as well.
  • No more issues related to Shocks, as I think its just my hard luck behind this issue that usually occurs in 1 in 1000 cars.
  • Kropex's attention level to my car has been exemplary. I would recommend this place to anyone who is contemplating on buying a Chevy. The only area they need a boost is employing more tech savvy service advisors. Well this would be felt only by owners who are tech savvy themselves.
  • Completed 6700 kms so far and the ride has been enjoyable to every moment
  • Have been able to succesfully tame the car to behave as per my driving patterns(including the initial power lag), be it to rip or enjoy a sedate driving
  • The boom levels at 1800-2000 rpm has come down significantly by adjusting the tappets and idler(per the advisor, I didnt dig deep into this), which as per the advisor is a customary procedure during the second service. But they did this with a special attention as I had reported the boom noise concerns right from when I had taken delivery of the car.
  • Went on few long drives including a TBhp meet at Nagarhole(Report : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...nagarhole.html). The vehicle is fun to drive on the highways. My wife is totally happy about the ride quality attached with this vehicle, especially when seated at the rear. Even I am totally impressed with the ride that you get for the money that you pay. Truly VFM car.
  • I feel the car is maturing itself progressively as the kms tick more. The ride levels have been always impressive, the engine is becoming smoother day by day and more importantly I am really happy with the steering feedback.
  • The after market air filter upgrade is still being contemplated as I dont think my objective to boost low rpm power response will have any impact with the upgrade.
  • At 10K I am planning to change the oil to Mobil Synth.
  • Also planning to upgrade my front comp speakers. Though nothing wrong with the present ones, its purely to quench my thirst for more watts !!!
  • I have replaced the stock carpets with DuroMat ones. Though not outstanding in terms of quality, aesthetically the carpets are more appealing compared to the rubber ones.
Some bothering issues though very insignificant, but significant to me considering my desire to achieve perfection
  • Squeaking noise from driver side seatbelt lock. Seems to be an inherent problem in Aveos.
  • My amp makes a lot of noise, probably from the cooling fan, common to Kenwood 5408. Planning to move the amp to the boot.
  • Seat covers have started to give away, as expected out of a shoddy job. I was offered the seat covers for free as part of my bargain, hence I can see a significant compromise on the workmanship. I am now looking to upgrade to Marvin Art leathers(~Rs 8000).
  • Sligh rattle from the doors that get fixed, but reappears probably caused by the Sub woofer action. I am thinking of dampening the doors including the boot.
  • Tyre noise from the upgraded Yoko's looks to be on the higher side. I will try an alignment, balancing & check N2 levels.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:58   #116
BHPian

Some latest pics..!

Latest pics of the car !
Attached Thumbnails
My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-1.jpg  

My Chevrolet AVEO 1.4 LS..beginning of a new epic !-2.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 14:14   #117
BHPian

End of the epic !

With heavy heart i have made this decision that I might have to part ways with my car due to certain personal unavoidable reasons. It will be up in the classifieds soon.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th June 2010 at 11:54. Reason: Removed last line. Please use the classifieds only. Thanks. :)
Old 29th June 2010, 10:01   #118
BHPian

wow .. its really sad to hear about that !! i would have tried my luck to grab this sweety if you were in mumbai
Old 29th June 2010, 12:21   #119
BHPian

Thanks Butters ! indeed its a tough decision, but somethings in life are quite unpredictable.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:52   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Thanks Butters ! indeed its a tough decision, but somethings in life are quite unpredictable.
Yup, tis sad to have to part with your dream after such a short period. Why not take her wherever you are going?

PS. I'm the one who just sent you a message In laws are in Kerala, and we're looking around for a car to replace their 11 year old Zen. Let me know whenever you get the time. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks