Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 00:05   #46
BHPian

@ Kumar & Jack, it is indeed bad observation from my side, guys thanks for clarification.

Btw : Do you switch off the ICE button whenever car is parked, or just switching off car is enough.
Old 27th October 2009, 00:33   #47
BHPian

Great observation !
I am one of teh 'Moondust Silver' guys of August !
Main reason - to mesh the Chrome OVRM with the body color.
Otherwise, wifey wanted Thunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
After August month's rule to go for platinum now is it September months to go for Morello color?

Congratulations and post your delivery experience too
Old 27th October 2009, 09:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think when you press the button it turns off the system however in case of mute the song should not be paused.
+
Yes, I too think same. The button has 3 actions i.e on/off/volume
Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 10:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Btw : Do you switch off the ICE button whenever car is parked, or just switching off car is enough.
No Rajeshvin, you dont have to switch off everytime when you park. It gets switched Off on its own. However, you can still switch it ON when the car is parked by pressing this magic button
Old 27th October 2009, 14:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

indeed a beautiful illustration JackTheCrack

I too started off with the following options when planning for a sedan

1. ANHC
2. FIESTA
3. SX4
4. Linea
5. Verna

since my running is around 20 - 25 Km per day, so there was no point going for a diesel model, so i decided to go for petrol only

in all of the above stated models Fiesta is the model which excited me most, definitely ANHC scores on Exterior looks but IMHO the interior and overall package of fiesta is more promising due to its VFM tag.
i would rate the following cars in the given below fashion, this is my own rating only and may differ with others, i gave the rating based on my own experience with TD, VFM quotient, features

ANHC exterior: 9/10 interior: 6/10
LINEA exterior: 9/10 interior: 5/10
FIESTA exterior: 8/10 interior:8/10
SX4 exterior: 6/10 interior: 8/10

So overall i found Fiesta good as an overall package, looking forward for a Fiesta 1.6SXI premium and i will also like to add that this all possible because of all the fellow BHpians who provided great insights on every aspects and provided the deepest details and aspects.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
indeed a beautiful illustration JackTheCrack

I too started off with the following options when planning for a sedan

1. ANHC
2. FIESTA
3. SX4
4. Linea
5. Verna

since my running is around 20 - 25 Km per day, so there was no point going for a diesel model, so i decided to go for petrol only

in all of the above stated models Fiesta is the model which excited me most, definitely ANHC scores on Exterior looks but IMHO the interior and overall package of fiesta is more promising due to its VFM tag.
i would rate the following cars in the given below fashion, this is my own rating only and may differ with others, i gave the rating based on my own experience with TD, VFM quotient, features

ANHC exterior: 9/10 interior: 6/10
LINEA exterior: 9/10 interior: 5/10
FIESTA exterior: 8/10 interior:8/10
SX4 exterior: 6/10 interior: 8/10

So overall i found Fiesta good as an overall package, looking forward for a Fiesta 1.6SXI premium and i will also like to add that this all possible because of all the fellow BHpians who provided great insights on every aspects and provided the deepest details and aspects.
+
Fiesta 1.6SXi - Go ahead and buy, You will enjoy it
Cheers !
Old 27th October 2009, 16:44   #52
BHPian

Thanks Ruchirtnt! I would pretty much agree to your ratings. However, I am yet to check out the interiors of facelifted ANHC which I heard is better. But I would still say that Fiesta wins over them for the overall pckage and more importantly its VFM. Go for it and you will never regret. It feels rich from inside with all the beige and leather and the wood finish, it looks decent enough from outside as well and needless to say its a pleasure to drive a Fiesta.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest how is to replace the standard 2 DIN CD player of Fiesta SXI with Kenwood LCD player DDX5032 as seen in Cedia? will the Ford buyback the preinstalled player?

and also suggest me that is there a need of buying a Seat cover for Fiesta because the SXI Premium is already providing the Leather upholstery, i just want to put a black upholstery on the current biege one, so as to save biege from dirt and give it a black look, is it required?
Old 27th October 2009, 20:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
suggest me that is there a need of buying a Seat cover for Fiesta because the SXI Premium is already providing the Leather upholstery, i just want to put a black upholstery on the current biege one, so as to save biege from dirt and give it a black look, is it required?
I think it will be wastage of money to put another cover on top of leather seats. Its different case that you want black interior but for that you need to spend approx 20K!

In my ZXI model I ordered black seats (because original seats are not of leather) and expected to be fitted in coming weekend. Other than looks I don't see any reason to go for additional seat covers.

The original seat cover will last for min 5 years and if you going to keep car for more than 5 years then change at that time as it will give new look & add life to original seats.

Last edited by kumar7 : 27th October 2009 at 20:56.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
@ Kumar & Jack, it is indeed bad observation from my side, guys thanks for clarification.

Its always better to switch off blower, headlamps & ICE when you park your vehicle. The reason behind this is that when you switch on the engine next time the blower & ICE turns on and its very likely that fuse may blow. (Its my person experience with Maruti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
No Rajeshvin, you dont have to switch off everytime when you park. It gets switched Off on its own. However, you can still switch it ON when the car is parked by pressing this magic button
I have not read the manual fully so not sure what all Magic/ fldr(if I remember it correctly) button does. What I observed is that when you press magic button then it takes you to next radio station & no need to different 1,2,..6 buttons on HU.
Old 27th October 2009, 21:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
shaju, did your car come with the stock ICE in place? Is it possible to add an amp and a sub while retaining the stock ICE? It does not have any subwoofer controls.I believe it just has a basic bass and treble controller. Any suggestions?
Sorry for the delay, I am not well since 5 days. Yes, my ZXI came with the usual stock 2 din HU and I have very much retained the stock HU in my set up the details of which you could read in my thread.

Quote:
What if we want to retain all stock speakers and just want to put a sub woofer? Do we need to go for 4 channel or 2 channel is sufficient?

Did you paid the difference amount by exchanging the stock speaker or you paid full amount for all speakers ?
Upgrading the ICE retaining the stock speakers does not make any sense, dont waste your time on that. Its some chinese speakers with 25 watts written on it. Again using the stock HU, retaining the stock 4 speakers and adding a Sub is not possible. Stock HU has only the speaker wires coming out, so that output has to straightaway go to the Amp and then to the speakers and sub. There could be a possibility of spliting the 2 wires to the amp and other 2 wires directly to the speakers, but I feel that will give a very weak total output. As far as I know and heard, there is no other option, if there is any, it will greatly cut down the quality of end result.

I have the stock speakers removed and thrown under my bed, nobody will buy it, so I am waiting to fix them on my tractor when I buy an agricultural land somewhere in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
Kumar, 2ch Blaupunkt Amp costs around 3000 while the 4 channel costs around 6000. I feel it makes sense to go for a 4 channel one as you dont know when you will feel like adding a Sub as well. I would be adding an Amp first, later speaker upgrades and then if needed I will add a Sub.
I paid 10k for a 4 channel blaupunkt which has speaker input (high level input). Infact you should upgrade in the reverse order if you seriously plan to upgrade. Meaning upgrade the speakers first, feel the difference, then an Amp and later a Sub. It will also help you to realise the improvement in each stage.
Old 28th October 2009, 08:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Its always better to switch off blower, headlamps & ICE when you park your vehicle. The reason behind this is that when you switch on the engine next time the blower & ICE turns on and its very likely that fuse may blow. (Its my person experience with Maruti)

I have not read the manual fully so not sure what all Magic/ fldr(if I remember it correctly) button does. What I observed is that when you press magic button then it takes you to next radio station & no need to different 1,2,..6 buttons on HU.
I agree, we should switch off blower and headlight while car is parked (by mistake even if we don't switch off headlight, the car starts giving beep when key is removed). In my Santro I have Kenwood ICE system, it has pause, standby and switch off button separately, I never switch off ICE when car is parked, the system gets switch off when I switch off the car, till date I never faced the problem, but as you mentioned fuse may blow off while starting car.

I prefer 1, 2, 3 on HU to set the FM channels, as I don't have to scan channels always.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest how is to replace the standard 2 DIN CD player of Fiesta SXI with Kenwood LCD player DDX5032 as seen in Cedia? will the Ford buyback the preinstalled player?

and also suggest me that is there a need of buying a Seat cover for Fiesta because the SXI Premium is already providing the Leather upholstery, i just want to put a black upholstery on the current biege one, so as to save biege from dirt and give it a black look, is it required?
+
Ford will not do any buyback.

Seatcover - since the stock seatcover is some sort of leather, you may be able to clean it when you find a dirt?
Old 28th October 2009, 10:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Day before yesterday MARUTI has launched the MAN IN EVERY GENTLEMAN, the new revived SX4 VVT,

will this offer give a shift to my promise of going for a FIESTA SXI PREMIUM, i do not know how far they have improved except revived engine, emission norms and somewhat interiors
Old 28th October 2009, 11:39   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Day before yesterday MARUTI has launched the MAN IN EVERY GENTLEMAN, the new revived SX4 VVT,

will this offer give a shift to my promise of going for a FIESTA SXI PREMIUM, i do not know how far they have improved except revived engine, emission norms and somewhat interiors
well, in terms of OTR in Bangalore, the sx4 zxi is a good 70k more expensive than the 1.6 fiesta sxi premium! the feature list remains similar on both the models except for the automatic climate control in the sx4, i think. Not really sure about the pricetag of the VVT yet.

so, the fiesta scores full points on the price factor still. taking about appearances, if style/making a statement on the road is what you're looking at, you should go take a look at the 1.6 'S'!! I can bet on my bottom dollar that 'the man in every gentleman' will surely 'go fida' over the S!!

take some time in making a decision, wait until it hits the road, take a TD before putting your money on it!! good luck!

Last edited by raamki : 28th October 2009 at 11:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks