Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:22   #76
BHPian

Compare Apple to Apple & Orange to Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think you have to wait for a week or two to paste any other stickers on the film as the total settling-in takes a week minimum. Remember to remove all the factory/dealer stickers from the glass before installation. And the most important part, ask them to cut the film around the rubber dots of the rear view mirror, Ramki got it installed over those dots and even now its with bubbles in that area. You know it will never stick perfect on those dots. Good that Ramki told me beforehand, so that I could supervise the whole installation.

It costed me just 2.5k (all inclusive) as a Diwali offer, I am sure you can bargain it down to that price. I am curiously waiting to see someone with V-cool that costs 3 times more, just to see the difference in quality.
Here is the windscreen film comparison from top vendors V-Kool, Llumar, 3M & Garware.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI! I read…I went… I saw… I drove… but it conquered!!!-windscreenfilmcomparisons.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 12:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

So which one is apple and which is orange in this ? I hardly find much difference in the figures mentioned in the comparison. What justifies the price difference, no clue !
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

I heard the space shuttle's windshield is coated in V Kool. Maybe that explains the price difference?
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

It will be more funny if V-Cool claims 'we cut down 5% more solar energy, 1% extra infrared and 1% more ultraviolet than Garware'. So we pay 10k for V-Cool and 2.5k for Garware !!!!! Now what about the poor folks who have no idea about the front windshield films at all ? Are they getting darker day by day ? I am not going deeper into that, because I might regret myself for even spenting 2.5k. End of the day I feel its more like a psychological satisfaction than what a front windsheild film really does to our comfort & care.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:58   #80
BHPian

Quote:
It will be more funny if V-Cool claims 'we cut down 5% more solar energy, 1% extra infrared and 1% more ultraviolet than Garware'. So we pay 10k for V-Cool and 2.5k for Garware !!!!! Now what about the poor folks who have no idea about the front windshield films at all ? Are they getting darker day by day ? I am not going deeper into that, because I might regret myself for even spenting 2.5k. End of the day I feel its more like a psychological satisfaction than what a front windsheild film really does to our comfort & care.
totally that its more of a psychological satisfaction in buying V-Kool as it tops the chart (in price), But after reading too many threads on sunfilms and post reading advises of BHP Gurus, 3M CR/RE are the one someone should go.

The general tendency and opinion is dont go for windshield film as the visibility will be affected, but the truth is more than 60% heat comes from windshield only and these high quality films offers very good visibility, (have noticed after using RE70 in my Zen).

Another opinion is darker the film better the protection but we all know how true is that.

And only because of this it is also possible that we say that V-Kool is just providing 1-2 % benefits over garware but actually its much more than what we know.

To know further about sunfilms search the threads, sunfilm encyclopedia is as rich as the other once like ICE setup, tyre upgrade etc.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, you can let us know in a month's time whether you have gone darker. If you are the same or gone fairer, then we can infer that Garware is worth the 2.5K. You can probably use one of the L'oreal complexion meters or something to check. Just make sure your wife does not see. lol
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:03   #82
Senior - BHPian

IMO, no need to fix sunfilm for the front windshield as somehow it may reduce the visibility. Also sunrays directly comes into the windshiled only when you drive against the sun. Most of the time you will be driving in the mornings or evenings or night and and at the times you are not going to have any direct sunray in the windshield?

Anyway, important is that, it is individual decision to have it or not !
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:12   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
let us know in a month's time whether you have gone darker. If you are the same or gone fairer, then we can infer that Garware is worth the 2.5K.
I may not have gone darker but I got few boils on my bum after the installation, so I think UV rays got directed to the floor and reflected back to the body !! Now I am looking for some V-Cool chaddis. Somehow I am more worried about my back than my face after turning 38, may be thats how life is !! LOL. Hope Jack doesnt kick us out of this place now.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:45   #84
BHPian

Opt for Garware Chaddis as they would be three times less expensive than V-Cool

Btw, I have fixed the appointment for ICECOOL guys at 5 30 PM today. He was asking for Rs. 2500 + 12.5% VAT. I finalized it for Rs. 2500 all inclusive. Will post the experiences this evening.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good deal Jack. If possible keep the car in direct sun for few hours tomorow, as it will speed up the process of drying. Night driving could be avoided for 2 days as the drying also affects a clear view, though not much. Waiting for updates on the cutting done around the rear view mirror area.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:01   #86
BHPian

Kewl !!!!

Icecool is done! the guys from Meda Window Film came on time and did a very neat job. There were some places where I could see tiny droplets of water inside. I was told that it will be fine once it dries up and that it takes 2 days for the icecool to dry. Overall, I was totally impressed with their work. They took a little more than one hour to complete the job. (Un)fortunately Bangalore is cool these days and I need to wait for some more time to see how much it helps.
Quote:
Waiting for updates on the cutting done around the rear view mirror area.
Before I could say, they already told me that the sunfilm will not sit on the dotted area and that they will cut the film in those areas.

Also, the Jopasu Car Duster was delivered yesterday. I tried it this morning already and I was really surprised by the way it cleaned up the car. I could finish the whole job in around two minutes and it did remove all the dust.
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
(Un)fortunately Bangalore is cool these days and I need to wait for some more time to see how much it helps
Infact you have installed ICECOOL when bangalore is turning cooler as we are already in November, dont you think its the right time ?

Quote:
they already told me that the sunfilm will not sit on the dotted area and that they will cut the film in those areas
Good they have learned by now, they didnt know that difference when they did it for raamki though.

Quote:
Jopasu Car Duster was delivered yesterday. I tried it this morning already and I was really surprised by the way it cleaned up the car.
Its one of the best things I have ever bought for a car, its a super-useful product, I enjoy every moment using it too !

Jack, now you are official member of Fiesta Club, Jopasu Club and ICECOOL Club. Wanna try a membership in ICE Club too ? lol
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:02   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Jack, now you are official member of Fiesta Club, Jopasu Club and ICECOOL Club. Wanna try a membership in ICE Club too ? lol
Well, this month's budget is over already . I will first join the headlights upgrade club and later think of the ICE club. But yes, these two upgrades are definitely coming sooner or later.

I have asked my friend who is an Amway dealer to get me the Amway leather cleaner. Hoping to get it soon.
And Respected Shaju Sir, I have already purchased a handwash also
Old 4th November 2009, 13:53   #89
Senior - BHPian

Oh Jack, please dont tease me with that 'Sir', 'Respected' etc. I feel too OLD when I hear someone calling that. I am far from that distinguished or senior level in team-bhp. How about "hey buddy, hey bro, hey man", sounds bit hip-hop, but nice, makes everyone feel younger.

All the best with your expected amway cleaner and the handwash, I thought you already bought few handwash bottles when H1N1 was doing busy rounds !
Old 4th November 2009, 17:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Good they have learned by now, they didnt know that difference when they did it for raamki though.

I'll get it cut around the dots, maybe the guy who installed it on my car wasn't aware! i've let shreyas know anyway and will give him a call when the film around that area starts looking ugly. It's all rite at the moment.

about the membership to the ICE club, how about you sponsor that for me? or a trade in for the stickers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks