Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 20:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to the supporter who gave us the review and to the people linked with the pix.

170? Tata? Wow! Its a 90bhp,1200kg vehicle and he said it wasnt tought to attain that speed. Very impressed.

From pix, ha! gaps on bonnet! I caught you but! interiors, stunned! no gaps where I wanted it. Someone needs to pinch me or maybe I should wait till I see one on flesh myself.

Those 15 inchers look great IMHO and alloys?
Old 15th October 2009, 20:47   #92
BHPian

checked in person

Was in the showroom to inquire about the vista special edition therefore got the chance to just have a look at it. To me everything looked perfect except the finish of internal door handles (where you have power window switches). Its finish is exactly like Vista and that is one thing which I had not liked in Vista too. I think they should have given it different treatment in Manza but not so. People will pick on such things to pull it down. Apart from that it is a brilliant overall effort, everythig looks and feels great as in these pics.

PS- Vista special edition is coming in two colors and not just one, the other color is Metalic gold.
Old 15th October 2009, 20:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

The taillight profile reminds me of recent Cadillacs, in a good way!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Manza 1.3 diesel - First Drive Report. Edit: Pictures added on Page 4.-4014062526_7fe060c87b_o.jpg  

Old 15th October 2009, 20:53   #94
BHPian

looks are personal. To me, it looks kinda ugly. Can anyone comment on the metal quality used for the exterior body?

I have seen indica vista (& other indica varients). I feel that the metal quality is no where near other cars such as the hyundais, honda or the maruti suzukis!

For 4.8 ex-SRP this might be a killer, but would never give linea run for the money. People get aww struck by linea would not mind spending extra 1.5-2 lakhs over Manza to get the italian beauty!
Old 15th October 2009, 21:36   #95
BHPian

Few things I would like to know

In the Manza website
Aqua version does not have rear fog lamp, why?
even a M800 will have that.

Manza top ends are with ABS, is it same as ABS with EBD or both are different.

What about the AC, dose the high ends have auto ac?

Can one make or take call from Blue5 device? else only pairing mobile phones does not make much sense.

and last one, does the aura+ have rear ac vents?
Old 15th October 2009, 21:41   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Few things I would like to know

In the Manza website
Aqua version does not have rear fog lamp, why?
even a M800 will have that.
have you fitted one on the rear bumper? or do you often use it?
Does M800 have a powerful 1.4 petrol engine, central locking, front power windows,stereo, largest space to features to price ratio at a price on par with dzire VXI/VDI?

Manza top ends are with ABS, is it same as ABS with EBD or both are different.
ABS with EBD on top 2 models

What about the AC, dose the high ends have auto ac?
manual temperature control but electric switches of higher quality.

Can one make or take call from Blue5 device? else only pairing mobile phones does not make much sense.

and last one, does the aura+ have rear ac vents?no but AC cooling is very powerful as expected from most cars today.
hope your questions are answered.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
looks are personal. To me, it looks kinda ugly. Can anyone comment on the metal quality used for the exterior body?
I have seen indica vista (& other indica varients). I feel that the metal quality is no where near other cars such as the hyundais, honda or the maruti suzukis!
Maruti's sheet metal jobs better than Tata's?!Must be the joke of the year!Sorry, MutantX, you are just jealous!!
Old 15th October 2009, 21:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Maruti's sheet metal jobs better than Tata's?!Must be the joke of the year!Sorry, MutantX, you are just jealous!!
well, I have personally seen many indicas that have extremely poor and sorry sheet metals around its body. It looks more or less like a pencil box wrapped around packing metal sheets. The build doesnt look sturdy. Anyways, I would visit TATA Motors tomorrow to check out Manza.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:01   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
everything looks fine but the exterior. FOr me Silver (first photo) looks so bad.

Very good pricing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Interiors look quite impressive for a TATA. I would say better than Punto/Linea. The plastics seem to have been finished well. Only a closer look can say. Hope they hold together and age well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
My ohh my!!!

I'm all taken by those interiors (never thought baige can grow on me).

I second that.
Just can wait to feel those. (then I would really feel bad for Linea if they turn out better)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
Great pictures guys. Seems VERY spacious, VERY airy. Should be very very comfortable for folks inside the car!

Seriously, how many think ppl will prefer Linea over Manza? I have a feeling that the features and the space will blow them over if they see the cars side by side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Interesting styling. It definitely is a step up compared to the Indigo but overall, its a rather strange looking car. But the interiors look fantastic!! Well equipped and spacious too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteem View Post
oh! my... this looks so luxurious in the photos for the price that we need to pay! I very much liked what I saw from the front. Interiors look good and spacious too. The side profile and back are ok types and reminds me of old sedans. Somehow I always liked the smallish box in the back ala Civic. Hopefully we will see one such car from Tata too in near future. For sure I will buy one new Tata car 10 years down the line. Future is so promising.

For me, all these comments pretty much summed it up. Really ugly looking car, but very nice interiors (apart from a missing front arm rest). The exteriors are bad enough to put this in Lada category.

It's time Tata completely redesigned the indigo.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

And i thought its only Abs in top 2 models.

Can someone make me understand the difference between Abs and Abs with Ebd.
What exactly is the advantage of having Ebd?
Old 15th October 2009, 22:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
And i thought its only Abs in top 2 models.

Can someone make me understand the difference between Abs and Abs with Ebd.
What exactly is the advantage of having Ebd?
The job of the EBD as a subsystem of the ABS system is to control the effective adhesion utilization by the rear wheels. The pressure of the rear wheels is approximated to the ideal brake force distribution in a partial braking operation. To do so, the conventional brake design is modified in the direction of rear axle overbraking, and the components of the ABS are used. EBD reduces the strain on the hydraulic brake force proportioning valve in the vehicle. EBD optimizes the brake design with regard to: adhesion utilization; driving stability; wear; temperature stress; and pedal force.

Source: Wikipedia

It's all described in here.

Electronic brakeforce distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 15th October 2009, 22:18   #102
BHPian

Electronic brakeforce distribution or EBD or EBFD is an automobilebrake technology that automatically varies the amount of force applied to each of a vehicle's brakes, based on road conditions, speed, loading, etc. Always coupled with anti-lock braking systems, EBD can apply more or less braking pressure to each wheel in order to maximize stopping power whilst maintaining vehicular control.

source:
Electronic brakeforce distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 15th October 2009, 22:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
From pix, ha! gaps on bonnet! I caught you but! interiors, stunned!
Gaps on the bonnet? where? From the pictures I don't see any. Even the 3 series and C class have similar gaps on the bonnet.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:33   #104
BHPian

I got a chance to look at Manza at Prerana, bangalore. I had so much expectation after looking at the manza lauch website. I should say I was more disappointed when I got the taste of reality. Linea standing next to Manza proved why linea is a class apart. Manza still has the indigo feel. Open and close the door and we will be hit back with the Indigo experience. Plastics inside looks cheap even though the fit and finish is better than Indigo. With the features it is loaded with, I should say its a great value for money.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:33   #105
BHPian

Wow !

Kudos to TATA for designing such a wonderful car.Customers now have more options than the ugly Dzire.Hope the TASS also improves to atleast MASS level.I wonder why TATA cannot do it,if they can design a good product like Manza.The quality of car appears to be very good.Hope car is trouble free from day one.

Really impressed by the interior space and VFM.I think as an Indica owner in the past,I have also contributed to the R&D of Manza.

The car should give tough competion to Dzire,Linea,Fiesta(Diesel),SX4 and even ANHC.I hope if the car is trouble free and TASS improves this car could replace our NHC(2004).But the NHC is so good that there are no excuses to sell it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks