Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 16:55   #136
BHPian

If I were in your place, I would wait for the new Sonata in 2010 which is radically different both from inside and outside. It also sports R-Series engine. Else, I would take Cruze anyday since it's cheap enough and offers you that elusive adrenaline kick.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:04   #137
BHPian

hey rosh congrats on your new buy, i see a white cruze everyday as someone has bought it in my nearby area. It looks amazing on road. Tell us more about it especially the interior, rear bench.
Old 13th November 2009, 18:10   #138
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your wishes. I will definitely post a review soon.

@ Deepak: my other options before I picked up the Cruze was the Laura and Jetta.

The Laura decision was axed even before it got anywhere, with the horrendous Skoda A.S.S playing a huge role in my move.

While I liked the Jetta, for all the reasons you mention in your post, it seemed far too "sensible" for my taste ( I didn't want to use the word "boring"). It lacked the oomph and the sheer presence that the Cruze had. Plus, when you toss into the equation all the goodies that it offers at that price, I didn't have to think too hard to make up my mind. And as each day of driving it goes by, I must admit I feel I made the right decision.

But I guess at the end of the day, individual preferences vary between person to person.
Old 14th November 2009, 18:19   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post

@ Deepak: my other options before I picked up the Cruze was the Laura and Jetta.

While I liked the Jetta, for all the reasons you mention in your post, it seemed far too "sensible" for my taste ( I didn't want to use the word "boring"). It lacked the oomph and the sheer presence that the Cruze had. Plus, when you toss into the equation all the goodies that it offers at that price, I didn't have to think too hard to make up my mind. And as each day of driving it goes by, I must admit I feel I made the right decision.

But I guess at the end of the day, individual preferences vary between person to person.
Yes. And as per my individual preference I still like the Jetta over the Cruze not for the equipment but the ride quality and suspension. I didn't feel even one among the worst of potholes in this rainy season in Chennai. In Cruze I felt almost every pothole like in Civic. Do you suspect the tire pressure? Or should I go test the Cruze's suspension again before making my mind on the Jetta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
If I were in your place, I would wait for the new Sonata in 2010 which is radically different both from inside and outside. It also sports R-Series engine. Else, I would take Cruze anyday since it's cheap enough and offers you that elusive adrenaline kick.
If I was willing to wait, there are a lot of options. Just that I am in urgent need to buy the car. Not that I am going to exchange my current car for the new one.
Old 14th November 2009, 19:48   #140

Had a look at the Cruze at a showroom. Must say the car has presence and looks the best from the front. The Build Quality also seemed decent with a loud thud when closing the doors and everything looked quite nice in the interior. The Display Model was Red in color and it looked majestic to say the least (I had seen a Linea in Red at a showroom and the Cruze beat it comfortably).

The rear leg room is cramped but not that much. I found that the front seats were pushed back and when I pushed them forward a bit (I'm 5'11) it opened up quite a bit. Had quite a bit of chat with the Sales guy who said the Auto Version will come in Mid-2010 (I thought it will come before that ? any news on that front pls.)

Also when I asked them to open the boot to take a look, they said the battery's low so they can't open it. Now can anyone tell me is that the only way to open the boot or is there a manual release also (I think so it should be there). thanks.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:14   #141
BHPian

Congrats Varun for the new car, its a Skoda TDI killer, a rocket in true sense. I test drove the car yesterday it makes perfect sense for me to trade in my Fords for this machine. However, on the forums only I read that GM might come down on pricing no matter how well-priced the car is (on road 14.18 in Jaipur for TLZ). Plus a though came to my mind while using cruise control on the Test car that as this expensive piece of technology costs a whopping Lac (or more), just for the sake of competition (with rare usage in India) couldnt GM have been more competitive on the price front while having Xenons instead. Expert BHPians please shed some light. When is the A/T version expected, it would most probably even out the entire Turbo Lag issue with the car. Again, the car is a segment rocker, a worth buy with all those GM warranty and assurance, they are surely 'cashing in' on the Skoda's blunders (spares, A.S.S).
Old 16th November 2009, 20:10   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
Hey Guys....
Got the delivery today. I just cant stop thinking about the car. I am at my workdesk, and uploading pictures!! The car is amazing. The pickup is amazing. The cockpit feels good. The car feels good. I hope GM does something about the turbo lag. I did not find a problem with the leg space. Chevy customer care/sales pitch and the entire experience was really good. I took the loan from IDBI bank. I was so surprised by their customer care/customer service- excellent- top class. Please find the pics. Please feel free to ask me all your questions. And if you want any pictures. I am not a tech geek, but since I have the car I shall do my best to give you all the info you need.
I ll get the service manual in the evening.
Regards,
Varun Jain
I am responding to this review a bit late in the day, but the highlights were - the brevity of the first post, the glowing accolades, the short phrases. The feeling of breathless euphoria is palpable. Congratulations on this wonderful acquisition. Take care of her and she will more than take care of you.

Happy driving.
Old 17th November 2009, 20:18   #143
BHPian

Is it possible to upsize tires and alloys of the cruze to 17 inches ?

the OE is 205/60R16.

I want to upsize to 225/65R17 Goodyear F1 tires and Momo strike 17" alloys.

Furthermore, will there be an effect on the suspension when 5 people sit in the car and will the tires make contact the wheel arch??

Also what would your opinion be with regard to this particular upsize in context of highway driving and will it be long lasting?
Old 15th January 2010, 16:54   #144
BHPian

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome move buddy.

I am sure that you wont be letting your hands off the wheel!

Cheers!

Drive Safe!
Old 15th January 2010, 23:46   #145
BHPian

Hey!!!! where are you, Varun. I think everybody is waiting for your initial ownership experience. BTW, do you get ultra low sulpher diesel in Kolhapur? Or, you fill the normal one?
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:51   #146
BHPian

My cute little baby:

Old 3rd February 2010, 17:34   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Varun,

good car in deed.
what's the interest rate IDBI gave you?
Old 4th February 2010, 00:48   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
My cute little baby:

congrats Harpreet. Where are the ICE pics you promised?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks