Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 23:28   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
This is rather disturbing. IMO no car should be allowed to be turned off while still in motion.
I guess all cars can be switched off if the key is turned to off even while running.

In my i10 manual is it written 'never turn the ignition switch to "lock" or "acc" while the vehicle is moving. This would result in loss of directional control and braking function, which could cause an accident.'
Old 27th October 2009, 23:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Exactly.

Turning a key has a much lesser possibility of accidentally happening as compared to pressing a button.
Old 28th October 2009, 00:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Exactly.

Turning a key has a much lesser possibility of accidentally happening as compared to pressing a button.
Thats true. Quite a few times it has happened that I have accidentally pressed the wrong switch in my ICE console. When the mistake is with music system it is ok, but with the car losing power and control at 120 kph at the accidental flick of a switch, well... God save us.
Old 28th October 2009, 14:20   #109
BHPian

This is really worrying. My son keeps fiddling with all the buttons while I am driving. Turning the music off is not as worrying as turning the engine off by accident....
Old 28th October 2009, 17:24   #110
VEA
BHPian

switching the engine off while in motion will result in loss of power to your steering and brakes. Now, if you are at crawling speeds you will still manage to stop with the little braking power manually, but it will be very hard to steer. In all probability, if you are over 40 kmph and turn the engine off by a button or key, you will crash. the problem with the cruze is that the button is placed on the left side of the steering and can be accidently pressed by kids and deliberately by someone insane if you let one board your car.

Last edited by VEA : 28th October 2009 at 17:26. Reason: missing detail
Old 28th October 2009, 22:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh2 View Post
Ex-showroom price:12,48,387
Insurance:42,262
Roadtax & Regn: 78,760
Total:13,69,409
Rosh, you're one lucky man. That roadtax + registration has got to be amongst the lowest in the country. An LTZ for 13.69 is a steal. I'm sure Bangalore prices will be pretty close to 15L with the crazy roadtax structure here.

Pity, Bangalore aspirants of this car need to shell out more for the same vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
This means, if the Mrs. /Kid is angry, or if just for fun anybody presses this very accessible button when you are at 120, the airbags better be working!
Hahaha. Appreciate your sense of humour in this sentence.

You have a nice car Mr.Jain. Congratulations and good wishes for a happy and positive ownership. Drive safe.

aK

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd November 2009 at 17:34. Reason: Editing extra smiley
Old 29th October 2009, 01:05   #112
BHPian

Well I hope GM takes this seriously. I am going to the dealer tomorrow, and find a means to escalate this.
On another hand, the cruze control is not yet working. I would not blame GM yet, as I could not find time to take the car to the dealer, and hence I would not consider anything serious.
Mileage I have as of now not got above 14-15kmpl. But then I am only relying on the DIC (driver information center), and not actual average. This weekend I am going to have a 350 km drive. I ll get the highway average then.
Old 29th October 2009, 01:48   #113
BHPian

Hey Varun, Congratulations on the Cool Cruze Ride. It does look amazing. I absolutely envy the 150 Horses and the 327 NM of Torque. Happy Highway miles. I do not want to come around a Cruze on the highway.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:03   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunjain View Post
On another hand, the cruze control is not yet working.
Varun, I doubt it. You need to be driving faster than the specified minimum speed, to be able to use cruise control. At speeds lower than this threshold, cruise control inputs are simply ignored. In Civic its 40kmph (mostly so on most cars). Try beyond this speed and it should work.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:05   #115
BHPian

That's correct mkc. You need to be over 40 for cruise control to work on the cruze as well.

Varun, it took me a while to figure out the operation on the car that I had TD'd. Once you get the hang of it, it's fairly simple - the rightmost switch activates CC to ready position. Once you hit/ cross 40, move the scroll thingy in the middle down and voila! To de-activate, the left switch or the brakes shoudl do the trick...
Old 1st November 2009, 01:20   #116
BHPian

congrats on your new chevy cruze.
However I feel that Xenon HID Lamps should have come as a standard with cruze, especially because cruze is built for driving on highways.
If it is possible to could you find out if there are upgrade options for the lights to HID lamps with the cruze?
Old 1st November 2009, 19:14   #117
BHPian

As of now the xenon upgrade is not available. I am going to look into it though. Do not know much about the costing.

And finally I could start the cruze control... "We guys never read the manual carefully!"

Drove for 350 km from kolhapur to Davanagere. The car fares well on bumpy road and was pleased with its performance. Now I no more have any problems with the turbo lag, and the car is a real driving pleasure on the highways..

In the city traffic, the clutch does seem more heavy to me now... and I wish I could make it a little softer.

A guy from GM customer care called me to know about my experiences and feedback. Am pleasantly surprised by this. I even told them to look up t-bhp if they are looking for genuine public opinion.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:00   #118
BHPian

Hi Varun!
Can you please tell me how you feel about the interiors and the cabin now that you have had it for more than a week? Is it still enjoyable after the initial infatuation?

Would be great if you could please give some details about your experience till now and point out any other issues than the ones already mentioned, if any

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:53   #119
BHPian

Have you thought of upgrading the tyres. I just dont feel too confident with the JK vectra on my cruze..
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:28   #120
BHPian

What a car man .. the 11 lakhs are totally worth it !! Its my favorite car going around right now.. although i also like the Punto. Congrats whoever bnuys a cruze...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks