Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 13:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rasta, 20k mark in an year is an achievement !! Wishing you all the best to reach a 50k by the 2nd bday !!
Old 20th September 2010, 13:53   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You bet, I will be ready with my update after two months. Have been jotting down the pains and pleasures on owning a beast.

What gave you the feeling that drivers in Mumbai have sense, you are mistaken big time buddy. Yes, I can vouch that drivers do keep a sense of lane driving but in city. Once they get out of Thane/Mumbai & on to expressways(Eastern/Western), they show their true colours. Atleast the drivers here understand the dipper and horn language which I raraley see in Pune drivers. They go on merrily as if there's no one behind them.
Mumbai Drivers may not be an ideal driver but if you look at it from a Pune scene - the difference is clearly visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Congratulations Rastapopoulos on your Fiesta turning 1.

I still remember the post where you introduced yourself as well as gave the initial feedback about your newly bought car. Actually, at that time, I was desperate to get hold any Fiesta reviews in Team-BHP. Apart from the nairrk's 'All Fiesta owners..' thread, you thread also gave a good insight at that time.

Clocking almost 1600+ KMS/month on an average, have any thought anyday that you could have bought Fiesta Diesel?
Thanks Mayukh for the wishes.
@ a Diesel Fiesta - I still dont think of it- maybe coz I know what I covered in 1 year might not be covered in the 2nd or 3rd year. Though Shaju has been optimistic and wished me for a 50 K by 2nd Bday
+ now its even too late to worry about it. But maybe I should give it a thought when (IF) I plan to move on to another vehicle. So maybe I could analyze how many years I owned the fiesta and how much did I drive and then see if I need a diesel car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats Rasta, 20k mark in an year is an achievement !! Wishing you all the best to reach a 50k by the 2nd bday !!
Thanks Shaju- Very optimistic. (But I truely wish I can do it, that would be some awesome drives to brag about)
Old 1st December 2010, 11:35   #168
BHPian

A Scratch !

Was stuck in a Huge Traffic Jam on my way to office. And this Chaos a ric driver tried to do what they are good at. Make some nasty U turn and I dont know what was he thinking .. BUT
BUMP ! ! ! !

Gave a scratch on my car. The first major scratch on my dear car.

10 mins of yelling and I knew this will not be of any use coz he was a penniless driver who could not pay for the damage (nothing to sympathize about coz he should have thought this before driving like a fool)

I just went back and sat in the car fuming as I was sure the cops would ask me to go to insurance and also try to have thier "TIP" for all the procedures. The ric driver was acting as if he was an innocent poor man (He was sure he would get out of the whole episode without a loss)

I am still fuming on the whole thing its almost noon now !
Old 1st December 2010, 12:00   #169
Senior - BHPian

@Rasta Bhai,

Thats real sad. I know it pains a lot to see a scratch on one's car. Going by your post and your reaction it seems to be a major one. If possible please post the pic and let us know what are you planning for - going for insurance or from own pocket. Also it is going to be soon or a later date.

I appreciate you did the right thing of not taking it far with the rick guy coz its absolutely useless fighting with them leave apart extracting the damage charges from them.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:32   #170
BHPian

I actually wanted to come to peace with myself before analyzing the damage and deciding what is the best way.

I was calmer now and walked to the parking to see it also has a small dent

I think I need to evaluate what should be a cheaper option. Insurance claim or from own pocket.
If from own pocket I will have to find someone good who can do it as going to the service station would mean shelling out a large chunk.

What do you suggest?

Did you treat your car on its Birthday with some polishing treat? Any pics?
(I hope I did not miss on them if you already posted them)
Old 1st December 2010, 12:41   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I need to evaluate what should be a cheaper option. Insurance claim or from own pocket.
If from own pocket I will have to find someone good who can do it as going to the service station would mean shelling out a large chunk.

What do you suggest?
If its a small damage and you can live with it, I suggest dont go for the scratch removal but take precautions for the exposed steel like an anti rust. Maybe some time down the line if you are planning for major mods you might want to club the scratch removal with it. If not and its less than 3K you would be better off paying from your pockets rather than claiming Insurance. If the costs exceed 5K then you might want to claim Insurance.

I would suggest - 1) Show to the Ford dealer & get a quote 2) Locate a FNG who can give a better deal.
For option 2 Pune BHPians can contribute to help you locate a good garage nearby your location.

Quote:
Did you treat your car on its Birthday with some polishing treat? Any pics?
(I hope I did not miss on them if you already posted them)
I have not done the polishing treatment as yet since I may be going abroad for a 6 month assignment hence car would be unused for that long. No point in going for the car detailing right now, will do it after I come back.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:24   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
If its a small damage and you can live with it, I suggest dont go for the scratch removal but take precautions for the exposed steel like an anti rust. Maybe some time down the line if you are planning for major mods you might want to club the scratch removal with it. If not and its less than 3K you would be better off paying from your pockets rather than claiming Insurance. If the costs exceed 5K then you might want to claim Insurance.

I would suggest - 1) Show to the Ford dealer & get a quote 2) Locate a FNG who can give a better deal.
For option 2 Pune BHPians can contribute to help you locate a good garage nearby your location.

I have not done the polishing treatment as yet since I may be going abroad for a 6 month assignment hence car would be unused for that long. No point in going for the car detailing right now, will do it after I come back.

Yes already trying to call up friends to find a FNG. Which I can visit and check on the estimated cost.

I dont think I can live with it (Atleat now thats what I feel), maybe I stop worrying about it by tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks