Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 15:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The security code doesn't have anything to do with playing different formats.
The security code is to deter robbers, since, once you remove the system from the car, you can't play it or switch it on anywhere else without entering the 4 digit security code manually.

TO FIND THE CODE: It's a sticker stuck on your glove box door. Remove the same and stick it in the manual. There is a special place for the sticker in the book. Also, memorize it and write it down somewhere too. I have removed my Head unit and will put it in my Zen once I get time. I will have to enter the code for the first time that I switch it on.
Please do not leave the security code in the manual----potential thieves could use that information to their best advantage. My manual had a perforated page that I tore and put in my wardrobe. I also made a note of the code in a master excel sheet that I maintain.

BTW, congrats for your new car----the best driver's car under 10 lacs!
Old 26th October 2009, 08:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi Rastapopoulos have been using the Fiesta for the past 3.8yrs
=================
P.S check this thread out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ria-fungi.html
Thanks yogi, and I wish I was driving the Fiesta from the past 3.8 years but its been just a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Please do not leave the security code in the manual----potential thieves could use that information to their best advantage. My manual had a perforated page that I tore and put in my wardrobe. I also made a note of the code in a master excel sheet that I maintain.

BTW, congrats for your new car----the best driver's car under 10 lacs!
Thanks Vnabhai I agree keeping the code in the car is a blunder. Just like keeping the spare key of the house inside the house.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th October 2009 at 10:08. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:36   #18
BHPian

Congrats Rastapopoulos, youve got a real beauty and with enough power too. The chrome which looks ugly on almost all other colours look quite nice on yours.

The AC problem could be specific to your car. Do get it checked by an expert. I havent felt it in a fiesta nor have heard of such a thing specific to fiestas. My Ikon's fans blows real hot if the AC is switched off, though.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:27   #19
BHPian

Hi Rastapopoulos, congrats on your new buy, hope you are enjoying all kinds of roads in Pune, I don't find problem except I'm not certain after reaching destination, I'll get enough space for parking or not.

I am able to play all kind of MP3 CD's, but now a days I'm using iPod for better clarity of sound.

If you want to decode MP3 player enter the 4 digit code which is on first page of audio booklet or as mentioned by Frank strip in glove box. To enter code you have to use digits on stock HU (which we use for setting different FM channels), 1st digit from code has to enter on 1 of HU, 2nd digit on 2 of HU and henceforth. For e.g if 1st digit of code is 9 you have to press 1 on HU 9 times and so on for other digits.

Thanks and enjoy your drive.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Rastapopoulos, congrats on your new buy, hope you are enjoying all kinds of roads in Pune, I don't find problem except I'm not certain after reaching destination, I'll get enough space for parking or not.

I am able to play all kind of MP3 CD's, but now a days I'm using iPod for better clarity of sound.
I agree with the parking problems. half of the time my heart jumps up on another opportunity to drive the Beasta but the brain starts thinking logically if taking a car is the right choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Congrats Rastapopoulos, youve got a real beauty and with enough power too. The chrome which looks ugly on almost all other colours look quite nice on yours.

The AC problem could be specific to your car. Do get it checked by an expert. I havent felt it in a fiesta nor have heard of such a thing specific to fiestas. My Ikon's fans blows real hot if the AC is switched off, though.
Thanks Cool fire - Driving without AC is going through hell. The car is hot and I dare not keep the windows open for the breeze because of the excessive pollution and dust. The interiors would be spoilt in a week
I am doubting a dashboard poilsh which I had used to be the culprit for the alergic cough. It might have deposited fine particles which are irritating my respiratory tract.
I am planning to wipe clean the car from inside with a wet cloth as soon as I get time.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk@mumbai View Post
Congratulations on your new Ford Fiesta SXI. Enjoy your drive. By the way how much did the sports pedal cost you.
JK as promised here is the break up of what I took in the 15K free accessories in the corp discount.

2 year extended warrenty Rs 9880
Base Accessory pack Rs 2125
Sporty Pedal Rs 2310
Scuff plate Rs 1300
Old 26th October 2009, 16:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

What my dealer charged was:

2 year extended warranty Rs.8300/- (the warrany given by 'Ford' hence how come such difference in rate among dealers?)

Base accessory, is it Ford Ca Kit i.e Mud flap, floor mat's, and boot mat?
I paid Rs.2240/-
Door Scuff - Rs 1250/-

Cheers./
Old 26th October 2009, 18:31   #23
BHPian

nairrk - I am confused now. I will check it up though I might not get any refund. But this could help fellow Bhpians. (Or maybe I am clueless how this works and everybody else knows) When was your purchase made? I had the deal done in Sept 09 and I will recheck on the cost on the Invoice (checked in the worked out excell which I had handy in office)
Old 26th October 2009, 19:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Rastapopoulus, what's your insurance for the SXi and which co? Bajaj Allianz is quoting 22K for the S. I think I am being scammed. The same guy offered 18K for a friend's Linea MJD E pack which is 8.2 lacs ex showroom. Mine is just 7.08. He's giving some story about 3rd party insurance being higher 'cos the engine displacement is above 1.5L.
Old 26th October 2009, 19:35   #25

Hi Rastapopoulos - congrats on your purchase . I too bought the SXI premium , Silver color on 16th , just in time for Diwali . I too do not agree to the talk of chrome not going well in the new SXI . I think it looks excellent and add to it Airbags , leather seat cover and alloys along with better interiors ( wooden finish which brings a luxurious touch ) and I think it is worth paying the extra 1 lakh . My car's picture below :
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a Ford Fiesta Sxi Premium without a Test Drive-img_04761.jpg  

Old 26th October 2009, 20:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I was presented by a wonderful opportunity in life of purchasing a ford product. So I honestly did not have a choice or liberty to look for any other brand.
Buddy, congratulations and welcome to the club!! Super choice of color!!

About the music system not playing MP3s, the only CD i've used on the system till date on my car is a CD-R with all my fave MP3 numbers on it, and it plays them without a skip!! so, really if it isn't working as designed, you get it looked at in the service center Asap.

Happy riding pal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Hi Rastapopoulos - congrats on your purchase . I too bought the SXI premium , Silver color on 16th , just in time for Diwali .
Congrats to you too my friend!! btw, was this picture shot at the entrance of sobha ultima? we used to live there a long time ago!! looks very familiar!

the fiesta club is sure growing fast and Wow!!

Last edited by raamki : 26th October 2009 at 20:24.
Old 26th October 2009, 20:45   #27

Hi Ramki - yes the Fiesta club is surely growing at a very fast rate . I remember on the 16th , Lathangi Ford delivered 22 cars , 18 were Fiesta's .
Old 26th October 2009, 21:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
JK as promised here is the break up of what I took in the 15K free accessories in the corp discount.

2 year extended warrenty Rs 9880
Base Accessory pack Rs 2125
Sporty Pedal Rs 2310
Scuff plate Rs 1300
Usually basic accessories means mud flap,floor mat,boot mat and if you referring the same then I think its totally free and you no need to pay for it.

Usually all dealers are giving extended warranty of 2 years (ashishgandhi is exception to it) and if I recollect correctly its something around 8K (I will confirm the exact price later as all papers are in car)

Sports pedal & scuff plate price is fine as its just difference Rs 50 - Rs 100/-

Last edited by kumar7 : 26th October 2009 at 21:49.
Old 26th October 2009, 21:52   #29
BHPian

@Rastapopoulos : Congrats on your new buy and i also bought the Fiesta ZXI 2 weeks back and i am happy with my purchase.
The MP3 Player does play MP3 songs and i connected my Phone to the Auxin port and was able to play music through aux in as well.

There seems to be a difference with respect to the warranty package. I was offered a 2 year warranty package for Rs 8500 and if i decide to take it after 2 years it would cost me Rs9800. Since i have taken the vehicle through lease plan which covers the maintanence as well for 3 years, i did not go for the extended warranty.
Old 27th October 2009, 08:26   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Hi Rastapopoulos - congrats on your purchase . I too bought the SXI premium , Silver color on 16th , just in time for Diwali . I too do not agree to the talk of chrome not going well in the new SXI . :
Congrats buddy - I just mistook your car to be mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
@Rastapopoulos : Congrats on your new buy and i also bought the Fiesta ZXI 2 weeks back and i am happy with my purchase.
The MP3 Player does play MP3 songs and i connected my Phone to the Auxin port and was able to play music through aux in as well.
Congrats Moonraker whats the color of your Fiesta? I did not try the aux in, I guess I will check the mp3 issue in detail and then update everyone on what happens ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Usually basic accessories means mud flap,floor mat,boot mat and if you referring the same then I think its totally free and you no need to pay for it.

Usually all dealers are giving extended warranty of 2 years (ashishgandhi is exception to it) and if I recollect correctly its something around 8K (I will confirm the exact price later as all papers are in car)

Sports pedal & scuff plate price is fine as its just difference Rs 50 - Rs 100/-
I have not collected my original invoice from the dealer yet . I guess things will be clearer once I have it in my hand. I know I will get too many comments on this stupidity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks