Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 20:00   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Get the white SXi and put the spoiler (without lights). It will look great!

Don't pay the full amount if the dealer does not have the car in stock. Make the payment only after you have physically seen and inspected the car.
Kept that in mind and i have told the sales guy that i will make the payment of around 48k on the delivery day,
In respect to spoiler, the sales guy is quite nice and told me that i should go for accessories from after market as it will be very cheap, but asked me to go for ford spoiler only because as per him it is very good in quality and good looking too. But it is quite expensive.
Its around 9k where in the aftermarket it is costing 1200 only.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:16   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Kept that in mind and i have told the sales guy that i will make the payment of around 48k on the delivery day,
In respect to spoiler, the sales guy is quite nice and told me that i should go for accessories from after market as it will be very cheap, but asked me to go for ford spoiler only because as per him it is very good in quality and good looking too. But it is quite expensive.
Aftermarket at 1200 is dead cheap. I think either its of VERY poor Quality or the figure is incorrect.
The Original Ford spoiler definitely looks gorgeous. White Fiesta with a original spoiler is a brilliant combo.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

Right i am also planning for a original spoiler only.. will put it at later stage , will drive as it is for some time..
Iam looking for a body cover, mat, mud flap, scuff plate, sporty pedal kit, sun film and sun defractor for now, now research is for how many ill buy from ford and how many from aftermarket.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DON'T put the 2K duplicate spoiler. It will start rattling after a month and drive you nuts. And then if you want to get rid of it, you will have to get rid of the boot lid as well as there will be holes in it. If you want a spoiler, put the genuine Ford spoiler only. They look and feel great. The regular one costs ~8K and the sports one costs ~12K.
Quote:
Right i am also planning for a original spoiler only.. will put it at later stage , will drive as it is for some time..
Iam looking for a body cover, mat, mud flap, scuff plate, sporty pedal kit, sun film and sun defractor for now, now research is for how many ill buy from ford and how many from aftermarket.
What is a sun defractor?

Buy the scuff plates and sports pedals from Ford. You can get te rest from outside.

Last edited by Gilead : 7th December 2009 at 20:35.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Sun defractor is the one which is put on the window skirts for saving from sun and rain showers, its costing 3k in ford and 600 outside.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:28   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sun defractor is the one which is put on the window skirts for saving from sun and rain showers, its costing 3k in ford and 600 outside.
Can't you just roll up the windows for that? lol
Old 8th December 2009, 08:48   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Can't you just roll up the windows for that? lol

Rightly said, in fact i am planning for it just for the sake of Looks..
Old 8th December 2009, 10:00   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Rs.1200 for a FORD original spoiler - Definitely impossible. it may be duplicate with ford name embossed on it. If such difference in price on a original product of Ford then no one will buy any accessories from Ford Dealer?
Old 8th December 2009, 10:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Is this the plastic (glass look) item and it projects towarad down with a
curve ?. ( I have seen many amby' and suv's with this product) I dont think this will give a good look on a sedan?
Old 8th December 2009, 10:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Rs.1200 for a FORD original spoiler - Definitely impossible. it may be duplicate with ford name embossed on it. If such difference in price on a original product of Ford then no one will buy any accessories from Ford Dealer?
Correct, it is a duplicate only, the Ford guy is suggesting me to buy Spoiler from Ford only as it is quite nice and rest can be taken from aftermarket
Old 8th December 2009, 10:33   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Is this the plastic (glass look) item and it projects towarad down with a
curve ?. ( I have seen many amby' and suv's with this product) I dont think this will give a good look on a sedan?
I agree to nairkk. The sleeky stylish look of a sedan would be lost with those projections.

Also from a functionality point what I understand is that this is useful only to avoid rain water to trickle in or hot air waves from entering the car during monsson and summers respectively.
But I dont think you would be driving the Fiesta with your windows rolled down. largely due to the pollution (air+sound) and the aerodynamics for longer drives.

IMHO dont think of these as of now. These are not so costly accessories and can be fitted later if you really feel the requirement.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I agree to nairkk. The sleeky stylish look of a sedan would be lost with those projections.

Also from a functionality point what I understand is that this is useful only to avoid rain water to trickle in or hot air waves from entering the car during monsson and summers respectively.
But I dont think you would be driving the Fiesta with your windows rolled down. largely due to the pollution (air+sound) and the aerodynamics for longer drives.

IMHO dont think of these as of now. These are not so costly accessories and can be fitted later if you really feel the requirement.
I also thought the same thing, but that plastic defractor is costing 3k from Ford,
i am planning for the following accessory at the moment:

1. Mud Flap
2. Mats - Floor and Boot
3. Body Cover
4. Sporty Pedal
5. Scuff Plates
6. Sun Film

Please suggest which one to buy from Ford only, and which one from After Market
Old 8th December 2009, 11:01   #118
Senior - BHPian

Buy following FORD(original) accessories:

1.Mud flap
2.Floor and boot mat
4.Sprty pedal
5.Scuff plates

Body cover and sun film you can do from outside shops ?
Old 8th December 2009, 12:17   #119
BHPian

You are missing the reverse parking sensors as an accessory. For that either go with what the dealer has to offer or an after market.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:50   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
You are missing the reverse parking sensors as an accessory. For that either go with what the dealer has to offer or an after market.
+
Yes, this is also an important accessory to consider.
it will cost from Rs.2500 onwards, depends on the product/model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks