Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 01:42   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Updates:

Oh, and I am now a confirmed addict of TeamBhp to the point my wife is starting to comment on it and I have do an alt+Tab when she is nearby ;-)
Same here. Finally, I had to agree on a time slot when I can surf T-Bhp site. Wifey always wonders why I am reading about same cars again and again.

@Kcnetid - It's always nice to read about your reviews/comments.

One question though? Is Mitsu Cedia engine Euro IV compliant?
Old 30th November 2009, 00:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
One question though? Is Mitsu Cedia engine Euro IV compliant?
No. not as of now. But the car's engine will soon get some tweeks to make it euro 4 compliant (offcourse before april 2010).
Old 1st December 2009, 11:58   #78
BHPian

KC, Raja & Gaurav

Have a basic question, sorry if you guys find it silly, but would like to know if you guys use the regular unleaded petrol or Speed / Power etc. For my OHC I always preferred HP Power... it has always been fun to drive with Power and the mileage in Highways were too good with Power in my OHC. FYI, till now I have used only the regular unleaded for my Cedia. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Well, so far I have used normal unleaded petrol and everyone advises (that included HM Regional manager, Dealer's manager, dealer's mechanic and one of my friend-cab-owner), against using Power. They all say there will be no difference in this kind of cars either in mileage or pick-up. Never tried Power though. And I have pushed her to a max of 140 kmph on Chennai-Bangalore highway and she was just asking for more - Like you said - "Thats all buddy..? how about lil more speed."
That's my experience.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 1st December 2009 at 12:19.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:22   #80
BHPian

Same here, Am using regular unleaded fuel. I checked this out quite some time back and most research pointed to normal fuel for most vehicles in India. There could be downsides to using Power fuel but I will research more on this.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

I've seen significantly higher mileage and more top end grunt with Shell Super over any other fuel. With normal IOC, the car struggles past 180. With shell there's a lot of steam remaining at 180 and it easily goes past the double ton. The mileage also is in double figures in mad city traffic which never happens with any other fuel.

Just try it once - first thing you'll notice is the engine smoothness

Last edited by reignofchaos : 1st December 2009 at 23:29.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

R_O_C.! Where in this country you are pushing her to 180 and double ton man. Incredible. I wouldn't dare to push beyond 150, with Indian road Conditions.! Of course, it needs 'power' to push that kind of clicks.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:10   #83
BHPian

Raja, KC, ROC - Thank you very much for this feedback... I will also do some research to see if anyone has had bad experience using Power/Super and share info... but as of now, will stick to unleaded unless i am going on express way... where i want to use the Shell Super and try ripping... but man... 200 !! getting to double digits in pune is difficult and every time i find a road where i can cross 100 i feel happy, but double ton i am scared of seeing you on the roads now : )

Happy driving !

Last edited by kartho : 2nd December 2009 at 10:11. Reason: to remove the third smiley
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

I use BP’s normal unleaded fuel (Pure for Sure… right!). I try to fill at one big station every time unless I am off on a long highway trip. I have read most of the threads on which fuel?, here on Team Bhp and got even more confused after reading them. But certainly most people suggest normal for Indian driving conditions.

I recently went to shimla and touched 190 on the panipat toll. The engine managed to do it fairly well. Couldn’t go beyond that as I saw a truck a few kms away and had to brake.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Great report kcnetid, straight form the heart. Can feel the passion in every words you've written.
Pls post some pics of interiors. Any idea of upgrading your tires.
I guess Bridgestone were provided as OE tires?
Old 10th December 2009, 15:22   #86
BHPian

Swift smoothed by Raima !!!

As promised, here is the post on the denting/painting of my wife's Swift.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1626819
Old 11th December 2009, 23:58   #87
BHPian

Query regarding GPS with Cedia

Hey kcnetid ,Congrats for your new Purchase ..Cedia for sure is a great car.

I have a question for you,I bought Cedia with the same Kenwood 2 din GPC Navigation Support.However GPS Navigation was not Enabled for me.Do you know where I can get the Maps and the Software for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
And GPS/maps by mapmyindia.com. This is reasonably OK but does not seem to find satellites some time.
Old 12th December 2009, 00:12   #88
BHPian

Great Review kcnetid..Though my experience was not so good with raima on my Cedia purchase 3 months ago. your car looks cool in white ..mine is Black .I have had it pushed till 195km/hr on the way to bangalore..cudn't go further than that .but kinda felt that was its utmost limit.

By the way I Never came across your Machine on gachibowli-Madhapur route though
Old 14th December 2009, 18:16   #89
csr

Cedia handling issues

This thread seems to be the latest on Cedia and so I decided to post my questions here: (Please move it to appropriate thread if this is not the right place)

I own a 3yr 8month old cedia and it's done 34K. I was happy with the ride and overall comfort with the car until I've taken a test drive of new cedia (sport) last week. The ride, handling in TD car was very impressive and much better compared to my car. Engine noise was very less in TD car and I'm feeling as if I own a diesel car ever since I TD new Cedia. Since then I started thinking about possible reasons why I'm not having the same comfort with my car. Since I'm observing it more now, I'm feeling small path holes and ride is too stiff than what I remember when the car was new.

(I'm assuming new Cedia sport comes with only cosmetic changes and has nothing new in terms of ride/comfort and engine noise aspects)

1. Tyres worn out (They are BS Stock tyres) - How do I check this?
2. Wheel balancing & Alignment issues ( I feel wobbling when I apply break at higher speeds)
3. Pending major service (40K service) of replacing filters, engine oil etc might be the reason for engine noise
4. Suspension makes tweaking noises at times. May be I've to do something for the suspensions if not replace them. Could it be the reason for hard ride?

If any of you had experienced similar issues with your Cedia and solved them, let know what can be done. I'm looking for experts comments/pointer to find solutions for the above problems.

-CSR
Old 14th December 2009, 18:28   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedizen View Post
Hey kcnetid ,Congrats for your new Purchase ..Cedia for sure is a great car.

I have a question for you,I bought Cedia with the same Kenwood 2 din GPC Navigation Support.However GPS Navigation was not Enabled for me.Do you know where I can get the Maps and the Software for the same?

You will need an add on blackbox and matching maps for the same. You can buy this add-on module (Nippon-Kenwood with Mapmyindia maps) through dealers only as Nippon does an OEM supply only to Mitsu. However, the price quoted is very high ~40K and its not worth it at that price. My wife's Cedia Sports has this and my Lancer invex has space for double din so I did some research on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks