Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2011, 23:33   #121
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports - Initial ownership report.

Thanks khoj, I even found the thread discussed here earlier. Gaurav had also given his inputs thereon. I will be getting the stock 'air duct' fitted back on Monday. Drove up to Lonavala and back today; clocked 215kms and found the spike missing from the entire drive. There was intermittent stuttering in the engine at low speeds and while going up gears from 1st to 2nd and then 3rd. I did not floor it but was doing a restrained 160kmph at 3500rpm on the Expressway with 4 adults on board. Felt good but could've been better; will give it some time. However, a Civic glided past effortlessly and I could only see it go; this while I was going past 150kmph. Both the cars have great straight line poise.
And now for the highlight: on my drive from Oshiwara to Lonavla and back there were 4 sightings of the mighty Cedia. A Black Select, a White and a Yellow Sports with full Rally Stickers on both and finally a red Sports with just the ORVM Rally stickering. Quite a day!
Old 30th January 2011, 00:49   #122
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Drove up to Lonavala and back today; clocked 215kms and found the spike missing from the entire drive. There was intermittent stuttering in the engine at low speeds and while going up gears from 1st to 2nd and then 3rd. I did not floor it but was doing a restrained 160kmph at 3500rpm on the Expressway with 4 adults on board. Felt good but could've been better; will give it some time. However, a Civic glided past effortlessly and I could only see it go; this while I was going past 150kmph. Both the cars have great straight line poise.

They certainly do. While the higher rev limit of civic makes it more fun to revv, the better low end torque of cedia makes it compete faily well with civic. I personally hate the revv limiter in cedia, hitting at 6k, it feels as if you ve hit a wall, the good old lancer manages 7k+ rpm without trouble. In the civic, the rear suspension has been too badly set up, ask the car to do left right at that speed and one can easily feel the back floating around. But Highways is where the low GC of civic becomes an advantage, the lift is extremely less and the car feels planted and braking is excellent. The cedia on the other hand too manages excellent braking despite high GC, thanks to stiffer suspension compared to competiton, which minimises lift. Overall, both are excellent cars with their own advantages and disadvantages, where civic is more fun to drive on straights, its more fun to throw cedia into corners or do left right left on straights.

Back to the topic, I too would suggest that you get the stock intake back. if you have it with you, a DIY wont be a problem either. The new intake I guess wont be letting the engine breath properly. Get the air intake changed first and next time you hit the expressway, try higher RPMs, the car will easily do 175+ in 4th and about 207-208 (OD reading) in 5th.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th January 2011 at 00:56.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:07   #123
BHPian

Thanks gaurav, stock intake refitted. Even the Motordrome 'pickup' guy pointed out that the pickup's gone up. (no pun intended there)
For the record: was looking for a befitting keychain since the dealership was out of stock at the time of delivery.
Found an amazing option on ebay and even got two delivered. They're simply wow and superb quality finish. So for anybody looking for a great keychain, look up 'Mitsubishi Logo Metal Key Chain'. (pic attached for reference)
Attached Images

mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 18:01   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found an amazing option on ebay and even got two delivered. They're simply wow and superb quality finish. So for anybody looking for a great keychain, look up 'Mitsubishi Logo Metal Key Chain'. (pic attached for reference)
This is wow, I ve been searching ebay for a while now but couldnt find any good one and those which I did were not delivering to India. You got it from ebay.com right? Will look for it.

Thanks
Gaurav
Old 31st January 2011, 18:05   #125
Senior - BHPian

I think mandheers is the first to buy this item. The vendors history shows two sold. Am ordering one for myself and another one with the Chevy bow tie logo for my father's car.
Old 31st January 2011, 18:49   #126
BHPian

@ gaurav: You will find it on ebay.in

@ khoj: lol, yes there were three in stock and I picked up two. The Chevy gold caught my eye too.

The vendor could order more; I'm sure there's more where these came from. The finish is superb; even the Motordrome guys were agog with this keychain.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:01   #127
BHPian

Back on the air intake bit and yes it has made a drastic difference in drive. It feels like my car again. The feeling can be described as ‘more power on tap’ and the ‘swimming’ feeling is back. About the ‘swimming’ feeling- this is what I feel when on corners or overtaking in traffic; what exactly happens is I come in to the turn or bend and lift my foot off the accelerator and pres the clutch, and let the momentum carry the car through and it feels wow. Not that I’m drifting or skidding, but just freewheeling. This particular feeling was missing the past few days and is back now. The engine ‘hum’ is also back; the same engine was sounding strained and felt as if it was an underpowered mill pulling a heavier load; with the closed intake. The stock intake definitely has made a world of difference. No sputter or stutter and gears 2nd and 3rd feel like automatic transmission. The 4th gear now feels more powerful than the fifth which was the reverse case with the closed air intake. The car pulls away effortlessly now and there is really more on tap and no getting out of breath for this one. Well, that’s my opinion/ imagination, but I am enjoying the drive again.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd February 2011 at 01:46. Reason: Tags removed.
Old 1st February 2011, 14:38   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ gaurav: You will find it on ebay.in

@ khoj: lol, yes there were three in stock and I picked up two. The Chevy gold caught my eye too.

The vendor could order more; I'm sure there's more where these came from. The finish is superb; even the Motordrome guys were agog with this keychain.
It seems that Guarav has picked up the last one. I do not know about the vendor ordering more, since I am in Bombay currently how about I buy one off you game?
Old 1st February 2011, 14:45   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It seems that Guarav has picked up the last one. I do not know about the vendor ordering more, since I am in Bombay currently how about I buy one off you game?
Sure, but the packing case's gone. Also, I have just this morning asked the vendor to get few more Mitsubishi and he's getting more soon. Picked up 2 Chevrolet for a friend today.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:36   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sure, but the packing case's gone. Also, I have just this morning asked the vendor to get few more Mitsubishi and he's getting more soon. Picked up 2 Chevrolet for a friend today.
No, I thought Khoj bought the last one. I badly need one too. I will keep checking ebay every day now. I need 4 of them to be precise, 1 for the lancer, 3 for cedias.

@Mandheer, can you ask him if he can arrange for VW and Honda as well?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st February 2011 at 16:38.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:54   #131
BHPian

@ gaurav- The vendor is getting more Mitsubishi ones in another 10-15 days. If you search ebay.in there are other vendors I've seen with good VW and Honda options. Here's a link to another vendor: eBay My World - e_valuemart There is also another Mitsubishi option available with: eBay My World - ezee_shopee10
Have fun and hope the mods are not averse to links being posted.

Last edited by mandheers : 1st February 2011 at 17:55. Reason: typo
Old 1st February 2011, 20:07   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hey mandheers, thanks for the gesture.
Do give a shout when the vendor gets more as I am not a regular on ebay. Rules allow sharing links/contact details and even prices as long as we are not carrying out a commercial activity for personal monetary benefit.
Old 1st February 2011, 20:19   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Back on the air intake bit and yes it has made a drastic difference in drive. It feels like my car again. The feeling can be described as ‘more power on tap’ and the ‘swimming’ feeling is back.
So far the workshop guys here have never tried to change the air duct, reverse it, etc. Here's something I wanted to share. I noticed the following with my Cedia in terms of smoothness.

At the time of the 6 months service my car had done around 6K. The engine oil, oil filter were changed. I was expecting a big difference in smoothness, but things didn't change much. Nor was there any difference in mileage.

My experience after the 1 year service was quite different. The car had done around 13k. The air filter was changed in addition to the engine oil and oil filter. The first 200 km or so after the service, the car drank fuel like crazy. I was wondering what had happened. I refilled the tank and decided to wait for a few days before I called up my service adviser. But the car soon felt a lot smoother and was a pleasure to drive around even in city traffic. The mileage has also improved a little compared to before the service.

Last edited by CBlazer : 1st February 2011 at 20:20.
Old 2nd February 2011, 00:23   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Hey mandheers, thanks for the gesture.
Do give a shout when the vendor gets more as I am not a regular on ebay. Rules allow sharing links/contact details and even prices as long as we are not carrying out a commercial activity for personal monetary benefit.
Hey khoj, my office's at Vikhroli and am there all day. I put up at Oshiwara, so you let me know where'd you want to pick the keychain. No sweat at all. Will pm you my contact.
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:31   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey khoj, my office's at Vikhroli and am there all day. I put up at Oshiwara, so you let me know where'd you want to pick the keychain. No sweat at all. Will pm you my contact.
Hey mandheers,

Thanks and it will be a pleasure to meet with you. I hope I am not embarassing either one of us but I did actually want you to give me a heads up once you learn that the same are available again. The bit about buying one off was in a lighter vein but thanks again for the offer, I sincerely appreciate it.

BTW on the meeting front, we do have a meet planned up for the 13th afternoon. Care to join us here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-mumbai-5.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks