Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 09:30   #46
BHPian

A mechanic asked us to start the car again (as he thought he heard a different sound) and the vehicle DID NOT START

This clearly shows that how the Indian car makers dont care for their image in the Indian Market..... and play with users emotions.....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th December 2009 at 13:53. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 14th December 2009, 09:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats @rite2shree. Great practical VFM car there.
I think darker colors would look absolutely faaaantastic on this car.
Say maroon or somthing like that. No dark colored Manzas on the forum as yet.
Congrats again.
Old 14th December 2009, 09:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
A mechanic asked us to start the car again (as he thought he heard a different sound) and the vehicle DID NOT START

This clearly shows that how the Indian car makers dont care for their image in the Indian Market..... and play with users emotions.....
May be your right. Customers are of secondary importance in the Indian markets. But things are getting a little better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats @rite2shree. Great practical VFM car there.
I think darker colors would look absolutely faaaantastic on this car.
Say maroon or somthing like that. No dark colored Manzas on the forum as yet.
Congrats again.
Dark colors look great on a Manza. I was thinking of going for a black but later siting reasons of maintenance and since it was supposed to be my first family car, I opted for Satin gold. And believe me it does look rich.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:26   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
@rite2shree, congrats on the your buy. The best VFM package in the market today and with a really decent quality.
I have started to warm up to the Manza and petrol is what I would buy. Can you please share how it performs, does it feel underpowered.

Looking forward to your response as none of the mags have bothered reviewing the petrol Manza. I will get a test drive of the petrol manza soon but till then your comments should suffice.
Hey rite2shree, just wanted to draw your attention to my query.

I did test drive the diesel Manza over the weekend and I thought it was reasonably powerful. My benchmark for comparison is my trusty old '95 model Esteem.

The speedo and tacho console was disabled so cannot say what speeds I was doing. But I was amazed at lack of noise in the cabin. Great job Tata.

I drove the diesel Aura model, as they did not have the petrol version available for test drive.

Was really impressed with the sense of space available but sadly my brothers who were sat behind were not quite impressed with the quality of plastics. But then at 6.85L OTR in bombay I found it to be acceptable.

There is one thing that I really hated about the car and it was the back lighting and font on the music system, to begin with the font it too small and blue back lighting looks horrible. But I don't think that would be a deal breaker, if I decide to go in for this car.

The diesel has a waiting of around 3 weeks, whereas the petrol around 5-6 weeks.

Cheers,
Hiren
Old 14th December 2009, 14:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hey rite2shree, just wanted to draw your attention to my query.

I did test drive the diesel Manza over the weekend and I thought it was reasonably powerful. My benchmark for comparison is my trusty old '95 model Esteem.

The speedo and tacho console was disabled so cannot say what speeds I was doing. But I was amazed at lack of noise in the cabin. Great job Tata.

I drove the diesel Aura model, as they did not have the petrol version available for test drive.

Was really impressed with the sense of space available but sadly my brothers who were sat behind were not quite impressed with the quality of plastics. But then at 6.85L OTR in bombay I found it to be acceptable.

There is one thing that I really hated about the car and it was the back lighting and font on the music system, to begin with the font it too small and blue back lighting looks horrible. But I don't think that would be a deal breaker, if I decide to go in for this car.

The diesel has a waiting of around 3 weeks, whereas the petrol around 5-6 weeks.

Cheers,
Hiren
That's right hiren, the cabin is pretty well insulated and the petrol is even quieter. The blue and black display is comparatively dull (would have preferred the orange in Dzire) but the system is good and the sound is clear. Though bluetooth is not compatible with all cell phones.

I had been for a 250 km drive this weekend and will have review by tomorrow.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

rite2shree, those are some good pictures of your manza.Rightly said by you too regarding the satin gold colour changes its shade in different light condition but looks very rich and elegant.Checked manza at a dealer few days back and can say its pretty huge and superb product from tata.Yes few niggles of plastic quality and *** department but overall surely a product one can go for.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:36   #52
BHPian

Went for a 250 km drive this weekend to attend a function at a place called Dharmasthala. I intended to find the highway mileage for my petrol Manza. But fate had its way. We had a huge traffic jam on the state highway for about 4 hours (approximately 2 hours each while going and coming back) during which I was forced to be on first or neutral. A normal two and half hour journey took 5 hours each. But this helped me notice a few points:
  1. The journey was extremely comfortable ( A/C was on all the time).
  2. The drive was smooth even on rough roads.
  3. The brakes were very responsive (hence drove with a lot of confidence).
  4. Felt a lag in power (even in a petrol Manza) while shifting down the gear (from 4th to 3rd) . I used to maintain an rpm of 1500 to 2500 (Say, I was on the 4th gear on a straight, doing a 60 and then comes a climb. The rpm drops to 1300 and the speed to 35-40. So I shift to the 3rd, but one feels the power only when you hit the pedal hard. Its like 25% of the pedal is dead).
  5. Ended up with a FE of 12.1 km/lt with80%A/C kept on all the way.
    Feedback would be appreciated . Thanks.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:47   #53
BHPian

Good FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Went for a 250 km drive this weekend to attend a function at a place called Dharmasthala. I intended to find the highway mileage for my petrol Manza. But fate had its way. We had a huge traffic jam on the state highway for about 4 hours (approximately 2 hours each while going and coming back) during which I was forced to be on first or neutral. A normal two and half hour journey took 5 hours each. But this helped me notice a few points:
  4. Felt a lag in power (even in a petrol Manza) while shifting down the gear (from 4th to 3rd) . I used to maintain an rpm of 1500 to 2500 (Say, I was on the 4th gear on a straight, doing a 60 and then comes a climb. The rpm drops to 1300 and the speed to 35-40. So I shift to the 3rd, but one feels the power only when you hit the pedal hard. Its like 25% of the pedal is dead).
If this FE is considering the 4 hr traffic jam then personally as a lay man I feel this FE is pretty decent considering the size and weight of the car and also the fact that had it not been for the traffic jam the FE could be better. What you have to do again my friend is take a long highway drive again and cool down the hearts of Manza fans by telling us the actual mileage . What I presume is not considering the traffic jam it would have returned a FE of 14.5 max( Considering my Linea as a benchmark) which would mean a city FE of between 10-12 which is a deal maker for me rather than a deal breaker.

Looking forward to your future highway run buddy.

Last edited by MihirC : 15th December 2009 at 10:56.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's right hiren, the cabin is pretty well insulated and the petrol is even quieter. The blue and black display is comparatively dull (would have preferred the orange in Dzire) but the system is good and the sound is clear. Though bluetooth is not compatible with all cell phones.

I had been for a 250 km drive this weekend and will have review by tomorrow.
Thanks rite2shree! I agree the sound from the music was very decent. Next time round I will carry my iPod and an aux cable and then gauge the sound quality.

Quote:
Considering the traffic, the size and weight of the car I feel the FE is very decent if not good. Also your car is still being run-in so it will only improve as the kilometers pile on.

cheers
Old 16th December 2009, 09:50   #55
BHPian

Does a car cover really help? Since putting it on and removing it may cause the settled dust to scratch the surface.
Any suggestions?
Old 16th December 2009, 10:16   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Does a car cover really help? Since putting it on and removing it may cause the settled dust to scratch the surface.
Any suggestions?
IMO, dont worry about the scratches.

but buying a cover is really worth it if it has to be put on and removed only once in a month, maybe twice (unless someone is being paid to do it)

i bought a cover for my getz 3 months back and has never used it. its a royal pain down under.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:19   #57

I think even if the car doesn't get driven everyday, if someone washes it regularly, the cover won't be needed.
But that's only applicable in case of cars parked in shade, and not under trees.

My parking space is underground, and though it gets plenty of dust, there's no bird droppings or direct sun to harm the vehicles. So I guess just washing regularly would be good enough in this case.

You also need to assess the conditions.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
IMO, dont worry about the scratches.

but buying a cover is really worth it if it has to be put on and removed only once in a month, maybe twice (unless someone is being paid to do it)

i bought a cover for my getz 3 months back and has never used it. its a royal pain down under.
+1 to that.

IMHO I never understood why people would want to buy a car cover. Heck if you paid for the car, why keep it under wraps?? Or more, why don't you use it? I can understand if you are going away for some time and park the car. But still, that would be a one-time affair.

Also, I have seen quite a few cars that suffered damage during disuse for extended periods, the electricals in the car were chewed by some eager rodents. The owner never knew the damage till the car didn't start when he wanted.

@rite2shree
Any updates on your Manza? It has been almost 10 days since the last update.

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd March 2010 at 15:48. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 24th December 2009, 09:26   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
@rite2shree
Any updates on your Manza? It has been almost 10 days since the last update.
Not much. Did go for a 80 km highway drive and ended up with a modest mileage of 12.8 km/lt with 100% A/C (5 members). The cars been smooth. The first service is approaching and will give an update soon.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:43   #60
BHPian

Joined your thread late rite, principally because I was busy chasing my own new purchase upto mid-December (an SX4 ZXi). Congratulations for the new car. I have been sort of impressed by the Manza from the time of its launch. The interiors are very very good.

My son is in MIT doing his BE. So when I visit him next, maybe I will see you zipping around...........

Congratulations again, and the sunset pic is beautiful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks